Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread

Fri January 19, 2018 5:31 am

That does not help.

Fri January 19, 2018 9:08 am

You probably had cloud backup enabled on an old device.

Fri January 19, 2018 9:08 am

I logged in and confirmed.

Reid, you take far too many pictures of leather shoes.

Fri January 19, 2018 2:06 pm

washing machine wrote:Where is the mainframe for my phone photos?

Needles, California

Fri January 19, 2018 6:56 pm

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:You probably had cloud backup enabled on an old device.

What’s the most direct path to access the main frame of the cloud? I want to control these photos at the source.

Fri January 19, 2018 8:05 pm

washing machine wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:You probably had cloud backup enabled on an old device.

What’s the most direct path to access the main frame of the cloud? I want to control these photos at the source.

You'll need to drive out to Needles.

Fri January 19, 2018 8:20 pm

Please be serious for once.

Fri January 19, 2018 8:22 pm

This is all my fault. Sorry Reid

Fri January 19, 2018 8:31 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:This is all my fault. Sorry Reid

I don't understand.

Fri January 19, 2018 8:31 pm

OH.

Mon February 19, 2018 9:57 pm

Smart TV .jpg streaming question:

Part 1. What is the most efficient way to display .jpgs of beer menus, calendar events, and weekly specials onto a smart TV? I'd assume thumb drive, but the way the TV is mounted I'm hoping that there's a wireless way I can do this. I'll be changing the graphics often.

Part 2. What's the best kind of software to design these graphics? Ideally for free or at least cheap.

Fri July 27, 2018 5:14 pm

Is there a way to see a list of things I have copy/cut and pasted recently?

Fri July 27, 2018 6:54 pm

doone wrote:Is there a way to see a list of things I have copy/cut and pasted recently?

Not natively with windows. You'd need a third party application to track that.

Fri July 27, 2018 9:05 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
doone wrote:Is there a way to see a list of things I have copy/cut and pasted recently?

Not natively with windows. You'd need a third party application to track that.

thanks

Fri November 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Is there a reason for my RAM to look like this?

My computer is being really slow lately and all of the RAM tests say the memory is fine. I think that upgrading to 16GB would help, maybe even an SSD. I mean, I right click and it takes a few seconds for the menus to pop up.

Fri November 02, 2018 8:28 pm

Why 12GB? Do you have 8GB and 4GB sticks? What type are they, i.e. DDR3?

Fri November 02, 2018 8:55 pm

Get the SSD, I mean does someone still use a computer without SSD? It will change everything.

Fri November 02, 2018 8:56 pm

bune wrote:Is there a reason for my RAM to look like this?

My computer is being really slow lately and all of the RAM tests say the memory is fine. I think that upgrading to 16GB would help, maybe even an SSD. I mean, I right click and it takes a few seconds for the menus to pop up.

That's not all that crazy. Windows typically uses 20% to 40% of your RAM. Windows loads shit into your RAM to access stuff quicker.

Your RAM is not the reason your machine is slow. Clean your registry and temp files and uninstall all the useless shit you don't use.

Yes, upgrade to an SSD.

This one is the one I buy for my kids' laptops. It's $24 right now. Use it for Windows and programs, then use your old hard drive for all that disgusting shit you download when your wife's asleep.

Fri November 02, 2018 9:00 pm

run2death wrote:

That's not all that crazy. Windows typically uses 20% to 40% of your RAM. Windows loads shit into your RAM to access stuff quicker.

Your RAM is not the reason your machine is slow. Clean your registry and temp files and uninstall all the useless shit you don't use.

Yes, upgrade to an SSD.

This one is the one I buy for my kids' laptops. It's $24 right now. Use it for Windows and programs, then use your old hard drive for all that disgusting shit you download when your wife's asleep.

First bold part: This was always my layman's understanding of the key tech difference between PC and Mac

Second bold part: bune, tell me you at least clean/emptied your temp/downloads and ran a defrag?

Fri November 02, 2018 9:20 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
run2death wrote:

Yes, upgrade to an SSD.

First bold part: This was always my layman's understanding of the key tech difference between PC and Mac

Second bold part: bune, tell me you at least clean/emptied your temp/downloads and ran a defrag?

Huh? Windows and Macs use RAM and page files/swaps very similarly. If anything, Macs use more RAM.

Maybe your thinking about a registry? Macs don't really have a registry.
Post a reply