The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Help, Help » Technical Support




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5448
Location: Space City
My laptop recently refused to recognize wifi networks, even in my own living room. A restart did the trick. Why does restarting something often solve a problem?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 18687
Shouldn't this have been posted in a pre-existing thread?

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5448
Location: Space City
I'm not sure. Can you point me to the right place?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 7:35 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 26080
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
I think it's because of the RAM

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
let's be chill


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 30561
Location: this field intentionally left blank
What the hell is that awful thing when you're typing in a word processor and you accidentally hit some button and it starts typing over what was previously written instead of pushing what was previously written ahead? All these years of computering and I still have no idea what I press to cause it, or what I press to make it stop. Or why that would ever be useful in the first place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 7:38 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 26080
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
What the hell is that awful thing when you're typing in a word processor and you accidentally hit some button and it starts typing over what was previously written instead of pushing what was previously written ahead? All these years of computering and I still have no idea what I press to cause it, or what I press to make it stop. Or why that would ever be useful in the first place.

I know this one! Here: http://www.kadansky.com/files/newslette ... 04_25.html

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
let's be chill


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 30561
Location: this field intentionally left blank
theplatypus wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
What the hell is that awful thing when you're typing in a word processor and you accidentally hit some button and it starts typing over what was previously written instead of pushing what was previously written ahead? All these years of computering and I still have no idea what I press to cause it, or what I press to make it stop. Or why that would ever be useful in the first place.

I know this one! Here: http://www.kadansky.com/files/newslette ... 04_25.html

The insert button! The fucking insert button! At long last, I know the answer!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5448
Location: Space City
This has happened to me in Excel before, except when I hit enter after populating a cell with data, it minimizes the current sheet and opens up a new sheet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 45472
Location: Sector 7-G
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
What the hell is that awful thing when you're typing in a word processor and you accidentally hit some button and it starts typing over what was previously written instead of pushing what was previously written ahead? All these years of computering and I still have no idea what I press to cause it, or what I press to make it stop. Or why that would ever be useful in the first place.

I know this one! Here: http://www.kadansky.com/files/newslette ... 04_25.html

The insert button! The fucking insert button! At long last, I know the answer!

I learned this in a middle school computer class.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 30561
Location: this field intentionally left blank
cutuphalfdead wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
What the hell is that awful thing when you're typing in a word processor and you accidentally hit some button and it starts typing over what was previously written instead of pushing what was previously written ahead? All these years of computering and I still have no idea what I press to cause it, or what I press to make it stop. Or why that would ever be useful in the first place.

I know this one! Here: http://www.kadansky.com/files/newslette ... 04_25.html

The insert button! The fucking insert button! At long last, I know the answer!

I learned this in a middle school computer class.

good for you


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5448
Location: Space City
Pete's really become an insufferable tech snob lately, hasn't he?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 8:49 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 26080
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
I think it's because of the RAM

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
let's be chill


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5448
Location: Space City
That joke has legs, Jorge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 45472
Location: Sector 7-G
washing machine wrote:
Pete's really become an insufferable tech snob lately, hasn't he?

You've been a real dick to me lately.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5448
Location: Space City
Pete


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 45472
Location: Sector 7-G
:comp:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5448
Location: Space City
Let's just forget this ever happened.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat February 25, 2017 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 18687
washing machine wrote:
I'm not sure. Can you point me to the right place?

:arrow:

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat March 04, 2017 2:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5448
Location: Space City
Question for those of you with heavy fingers; how often do you accidentally tap the "powered by phpBB" link when you're boarding on your handheld device?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Tech questions that don't need an entire thread
PostPosted: Sat March 04, 2017 2:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 6803
Location: PM me, I have everything.
Almost never.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Help, Help » Technical Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed September 20, 2017 4:37 pm