The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Help, Help » Technical Support

Post subject: Phone recommendations
PostPosted: Wed October 12, 2016 8:40 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I've used iPhones for about the last 8 years, and I'm fucking tired of them and won't be upgrading to the newest one. I've never shopped for or extensively used an Android, so I don't know what to really look for (besides avoid the Note 7 bc I don't want to spontaneously combust). Any recommendations? I don't want one of those phablet phones because i don't wear JNCO jeans

My only drawback is that my entire family has iPhones, and they exclusively use FaceTime to video chat (especially my younger brother with my 2 year old nephew). Convincing and teaching them how to signup for Skype is going to be a pain. I'm assuming there aren't any Android apps out there that can connect to FaceTime

Post subject: Re: Phone recommendations
PostPosted: Wed October 12, 2016 8:44 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

bodysnatcher wrote:
I've used iPhones for about the last 8 years, and I'm fucking tired of them and won't be upgrading to the newest one. I've never shopped for or extensively used an Android, so I don't know what to really look for (besides avoid the Note 7 bc I don't want to spontaneously combust). Any recommendations? I don't want one of those phablet phones because i don't wear JNCO jeans

My only drawback is that my entire family has iPhones, and they exclusively use FaceTime to video chat (especially my younger brother with my 2 year old nephew). Convincing and teaching them how to signup for Skype is going to be a pain. I'm assuming there aren't any Android apps out there that can connect to FaceTime

I'll skype with you

PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2016 12:54 am 
Poster of the Year

bodysnatcher wrote:

It's on the bigger side but I'm a fan of my Nexus 6.

PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2016 12:56 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I recommend the Samsung Galaxy Note 7

PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2016 1:14 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

theplatypus wrote:

You're So Funny How Do You Come Up With This Stuff Wow Good Job

PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2016 1:18 am 
10Club Complaint Department

The Argonaut wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

You're So Funny How Do You Come Up With This Stuff Wow Good Job

He's on fire. oh oh oh he's on fire

PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2016 1:19 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

The secret is to skewer current events in a sardonic and irreverent manner

PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2016 1:46 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bodysnatcher wrote:
JNCO jeans

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2016 4:23 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

cutuphalfdead wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

I've read good things about this. I'm assuming the price could drop a little now that Google has announced their new phones

PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2016 4:59 pm 
Poster of the Year

bodysnatcher wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

I've read good things about this. I'm assuming the price could drop a little now that Google has announced their new phones

I would assume the same. It's held up the best over a two year period than any of my previous phones (Galaxy models).

PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2016 6:03 pm 
Poster of the Year

I'm thinking of ditching AT&T and trying Google Fi when my contract runs out this December.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/30 ... ct-fi.html

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2016 9:19 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Yeah I'm ditching Verizon when mine is up at the end of the year. Thinking of trying Cricket, but haven't looked into Google Fi

PostPosted: Fri October 14, 2016 11:21 pm 
Poster of the Year

Google Fi sounds great.

PostPosted: Mon October 17, 2016 3:32 am 
The Master

i have an iphone 4...what should i go to next? i don't want to spend any money

PostPosted: Mon October 17, 2016 5:00 am 
Poster of the Year

in that case just stay with your iphone 4

PostPosted: Mon October 17, 2016 5:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

cutuphalfdead wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

how do you think these models will fair once the new Pixel phones are released into the wild? will they lose support? are they old enough now that they aren't worth looking into as a new phone?

PostPosted: Mon October 17, 2016 7:51 pm 
Poster of the Year

bodysnatcher wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

how do you think these models will fair once the new Pixel phones are released into the wild? will they lose support? are they old enough now that they aren't worth looking into as a new phone?

They'll only be one generation behind, so they won't be dinosaurs yet. And The Nexus 6 is still scheduled to be one of the first phones to get the next big Android update. So I wouldn't worry about that. I don't plan on ditching my Nexus 6 until something physically breaks on it, and everything is working fine now.

Also, a friend of mine picked up a Nexus 6 over the summer and he's been very happy with it as a "new" phone.

PostPosted: Tue October 25, 2016 5:47 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Anyone have experience with the OnePlus 3?

PostPosted: Thu December 15, 2016 7:10 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Man. Fuck an Android.

PostPosted: Thu December 15, 2016 7:13 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I have an S7 Edge but the Edge thing is kinda dumb so the regular S7 would work fine.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Board index » Help, Help » Technical Support