Switch to full style
Topic locked

What do you think of the Grunge skin?

It's good, and it's worth finishing.
22%
It's OK, probably not worth finishing.
11%
It's shite, fuck off with this bullshit you twat.
11%
Dick cheese.
56%

Total votes : 9

New skin(s)

Sat January 23, 2016 10:21 am

So this has been a long time coming. I started looking at it over a year ago, but kind of stalled. I figured now is a good time to at least get as many of you to give this a go to see if it's worth spending any more time on.

There's a new (PC/tablet only) skin I setup called Grunge. The details are below on how to use it. If you like, feel free to start using it and then add some feedback in here. There are a few niggly issues that need to be sorted, but I really need to know if it's worthwhile bothering. If hardly anyone likes it or nobody wants to use it, it can die a slow death. If people like it, I'll look at sorting the minor problems.

Activating:
  • Go to User Control Panel.
  • Click on the Board Preferences tab.
  • Next to My board style: in the drop down, choose grunge.
  • Hit Submit.

Current Issues:
  • Images bleed off the page.
I'll look at the option of a night skin too, one that's also mobile compatible. Stay tuned for that one.

Re: New skin(s)

Sat January 23, 2016 10:29 am

it doesn't blind my eyes with whiteness. start over!

thanks

Sat January 23, 2016 7:23 pm

I don't know if I'm ready to use it full time but I like where you're going with it. Though part of me has grown to like the wider format of the more basic TSIS skin. I'd really like to see something darker.

Sat January 23, 2016 7:54 pm

"niggly"

Sat January 23, 2016 7:59 pm

I liked it but missed having a "go to first unread post" button. :thumbsup:

Sun January 24, 2016 11:18 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:"niggly"

:lol:

Sat February 06, 2016 6:38 pm

it's ok, although i find it a bit 'busy'. I mean what do you expect, I've been using the all white very little imagination RM skin for however long now, of course the new skin looks busy. I think mainly I'm not thrilled with the large logo at the top of the page, and I'm not huge into various hues of brown... otherwise it's not a bad skin but I'm interested in seeing a night skin more...

Sat February 06, 2016 8:05 pm

malice wrote:it's ok, although i find it a bit 'busy'. I mean what do you expect, I've been using the all white very little imagination RM skin for however long now, of course the new skin looks busy. I think mainly I'm not thrilled with the large logo at the top of the page, and I'm not huge into various hues of brown... otherwise it's not a bad skin but I'm interested in seeing a night skin more...

Same

Sat February 06, 2016 9:38 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
malice wrote:it's ok, although i find it a bit 'busy'. I mean what do you expect, I've been using the all white very little imagination RM skin for however long now, of course the new skin looks busy. I think mainly I'm not thrilled with the large logo at the top of the page, and I'm not huge into various hues of brown... otherwise it's not a bad skin but I'm interested in seeing a night skin more...

Same

Figures

Thu August 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Fatal error: template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/prosilver/template/grunge_config.html does not exist or is empty in /var/www/rm_new/includes/functions_template.php on line 63

General Error: template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/prosilver/template/grunge_config.html does not exist or is empty

So I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing...

Thu August 11, 2016 7:18 pm

That's navy bean skin. It is working as intended.

Thu August 11, 2016 8:12 pm

It's supposed to break the board?

Thu August 11, 2016 10:53 pm

The board is fine. It's just that navy bean does not exist or is empty.

Thu August 11, 2016 11:13 pm

Mon August 22, 2016 4:37 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:"niggly"

:shock:

Wed September 14, 2016 9:28 am

man i wish that night skin idea had've happened. this grunge skin is just stolen from a skin on the phpbb forums. ive run phpbb before - its really fuckin simple to install a new skin. TSIS cares less than pearl jam.

Wed September 14, 2016 1:29 pm

WtOB? wrote:TSIS cares less than pearl jam.

This is not a groundbreaking discovery.

Thu June 29, 2017 4:46 am

I just opened this forum for the first time ever. :shock:

For what it's worth, I like the grunge skin. :thumbsup: Nice job, Sarge.

Thu June 29, 2017 5:15 am

PHATJ wrote:I just opened this forum for the first time ever. :shock:

For what it's worth, I like the grunge skin. :thumbsup: Nice job, Sarge.

Thanks man.

I never bothered fixing it, and probably never will.

Thu June 29, 2017 5:23 am

WtOB? wrote:man i wish that night skin idea had've happened. this grunge skin is just stolen from a skin on the phpbb forums. ive run phpbb before - its really fuckin simple to install a new skin. TSIS cares less than pearl jam.

Only just saw this. It's not stolen. It's licence free and allows us unlimited use and customisation (details here http://www.rockettheme.com/phpbb/styles/grunge).

I never stated I was the creator, merely that I'd set it up.

Yes installing a skin is easy, but if you were really experienced with phpbb, you'd know that trying to get it to work 100% can be a pain due to different versions and sub versions of phpbb. I never bothered fixing this one because nobody gave a shit, and everything the mods/admins do here is volunteer based. We have more important shit to do than finish a skin that nobody used.

It may be a better idea to add something constructive to the conversation, rather than acting like a dick about it.
Topic locked