Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: fix that shit, Sarge

Mon July 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Yeah - I've been have speed issues all week, randomly getting logged out and none of the notifications appear to be coming through...

Mon July 21, 2014 11:09 pm

Yeah I was logged out today as well. Isn't this why we got a new board?

Mon July 21, 2014 11:12 pm

Seems to usually happen when I post or edit. Otherwise it works ok.

Mon July 21, 2014 11:47 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:Seems to usually happen when I post or edit. Otherwise it works ok.

Stop posting and editing then.

:D

cutuphalfdead wrote:Yeah I was logged out today as well. Isn't this why we got a new board?

From what I can see, it's not specifically an issue with the board. There seem to be some background issues on the server. I've been working on and off since last week with one of the other admins to get this issue fixed. Keep in mind that family, work, and life, and pretty much everything else, take priority over RM, so the fixing may not be as fast as some would like.

So please be patient, or we'll implement much faster ways of dealing with things like this:

Mon July 21, 2014 11:50 pm

For me it's posting, editing, and clicking on threads. Sometimes clicking on a forum link will do it too.

Tue July 22, 2014 12:17 am

I'm 99% sure the tournament announcement is causing all of the issues.

Tue July 22, 2014 12:22 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:For me it's posting, editing, and clicking on threads. Sometimes clicking on a forum link will do it too.

Same here

Tue July 22, 2014 12:52 am

Self wrote:I'm 99% sure the tournament announcement is causing all of the issues.

The board can't handle the number of contestants signing up for the 90s tournament.

Tue July 22, 2014 1:06 am

We're currently deleting all user accounts and attached posts that signed up prior to June last year. If your account disappears, just sign up again with the same username. You'll just lose your post count and posts.

Thanks for contacting tech support. Have a nice fucking day. :thumbsup:

EDIT: By the way, I'm kidding. We're sorting the problem out now, and will be sending a collective bill to all RM users shortly.

Tue July 22, 2014 1:36 am

fix my mac, sarge

Tue July 22, 2014 10:05 am

doug rr wrote:fix my mac, sarge

Unplug everything and have a glass or 2 of Jameson. You'll thank me in the morning.

Tue July 22, 2014 6:28 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:For me it's posting, editing, and clicking on threads. Sometimes clicking on a forum link will do it too.

Same here

the speed got exponentially better this morning for me

Tue July 22, 2014 8:03 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

Same here

the speed got exponentially better this morning for me

yeah today's been great

Fri July 25, 2014 1:45 am

it's starting to do that shit again

Fri July 25, 2014 1:50 am

Fix the goddamn California power grid!

Fri July 25, 2014 2:36 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:it's starting to do that shit again

I think I may have narrowed it down. Several users were running searches at the same time on the archive board, and the simultaneous processes were lagging the shit out of everything.

If this is the case, we may have to disable the search function on the old board. I know it's a shitty thing, but it's better than disabling the old board entirely.

Fri July 25, 2014 2:37 am

Do it. Cut the cord.

Fri July 25, 2014 3:35 am

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:it's starting to do that shit again

I think I may have narrowed it down. Several users were running searches at the same time on the archive board, and the simultaneous processes were lagging the shit out of everything.

If this is the case, we may have to disable the search function on the old board. I know it's a shitty thing, but it's better than disabling the old board entirely.

What's the point of even having the old board if we can't search it?
Post a reply