Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: iPhone problem

Mon August 03, 2015 11:24 pm

Thankfully I've never had a screen break or any issue with my ipod/iphones.

How much is a screen replacement, Spenno?

Mon August 03, 2015 11:54 pm

$149 through Apple (unless you've done more damage than just the screen...)

Tue August 04, 2015 1:13 am

Birds in Hell wrote:$149 through Apple (unless you've done more damage than just the screen...)

Ive had the same androidv phone for 2+ years. Sounds like I would be able to afford all of the costs that come with an iphone. :/

Tue August 04, 2015 1:28 am

Dude, time to upgrade.

Thu September 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Headphones won't stay in my audio jack. They just pop out. Another annoying little issue that means speaking with a genius.

Fri August 04, 2017 5:53 pm

My phone has been doing this bizarre thing where it auto-locks while I'm right in the middle of something. Sometimes it will take several screenshots before it does. I'm pretty sure I'm backed up on iCloud, so I think I'm going to try a general erase and restore. Bad idea?

Fri August 04, 2017 6:07 pm

Go for it. Erase/restores are pretty much just routine maintenance for devices these days.

Fri August 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Here's hopin'

Anyone ever have this issue? It's super frustrating.

Fri August 04, 2017 6:37 pm

washing machine wrote:Here's hopin'

My sister always gets iphones. You want me to ask her?

Fri August 04, 2017 6:37 pm

malice wrote:

Could you?

Fri August 04, 2017 6:39 pm

washing machine wrote:
malice wrote:

Could you?

Yeah but it'll probably be after work if you can wait to wipe the device

Fri August 04, 2017 6:42 pm

Oh I've already wiped it.

Fri August 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Problem still persists. I feel like this is a power button issue. Oh, how I wish we had a separate forum for hardware support.

Fri August 04, 2017 6:52 pm

washing machine wrote:Problem still persists. I feel like this is a power button issue. Oh, how I wish we had a separate forum for hardware support.

My sister replied:

that would annoy the hell out of me. If the phone hasn't been turned off in a while then I would do that first. Then check for software updates. If it's still flaky then a factory reset may be in order.

Fri August 04, 2017 6:53 pm

Sorry, chum

Fri August 04, 2017 6:56 pm

Thanks for trying. Now I know how lenny feels every day.

Fri August 04, 2017 6:57 pm

washing machine wrote:Problem still persists. I feel like this is a power button issue. Oh, how I wish we had a separate forum for hardware support.

You could try the rice trick. I had a janky button once due to moisture and I left it in a bowl of rice over the weekend and it worked.

You could also download the beta of iOS 11 and see if that fixes it.

Fri August 04, 2017 7:04 pm

run2death wrote:You could also download the beta of iOS 11 and see if that fixes it.

If I recall, you were kind of meh about that beta. Pretty hesitant to make this move. Might not hurt to try the rice trick, though this problem has been a nag for two months and is gradually getting worse. If it's moisture related, that ship has sailed.

Fri August 04, 2017 7:10 pm

washing machine wrote:
run2death wrote:You could also download the beta of iOS 11 and see if that fixes it.

If I recall, you were kind of meh about that beta. Pretty hesitant to make this move. Might not hurt to try the rice trick, though this problem has been a nag for two months and is gradually getting worse. If it's moisture related, that ship has sailed.

The latest public beta fixed my big issue. You can now just swipe away notifications instead of being forced to view them.

You really have nothing to lose. It's fairly easy to switch back to the latest "non-beta" version of iOS.

Fri August 04, 2017 7:31 pm

Feels weird to think that downloading a beta of a new iOS would lessen my phone's glitches. I'm sure you can understand my apprehension here.
Post a reply