The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Help, Help » Technical Support

Post subject: Bandcamp/Soundcloud
PostPosted: Sun October 20, 2013 10:25 am 
Rank This Poster

Let's have tags to embed that shit. THANK YOU.

Post subject: Re: Bandcamp/Soundcloud
PostPosted: Sun October 20, 2013 8:59 pm 
Poster of the Year

Mods, admins, make it happen.

PostPosted: Sun October 20, 2013 10:12 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Custom BB codes need to be created. This one's for Soundcloud. Apparently the Bandcamp one is a little trickier, but I'll see if I can find one.

Soundcloud:

BBCODE USAGE:
Code:
[soundcloud]{URL}[/soundcloud]

BBCODE EXAMPLE:
Code:
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/user-name/song-title[/soundcloud]

HTML REPLACEMENT:
Code:
<object height="81" width="100%"><param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url={URL}&amp;g=bb"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url={URL}&amp;g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed></object>

ICON:

Last edited by Sgt. Crackpot on Mon October 21, 2013 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 12:38 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

The custom BB code for Bandcamp is certainly a little trickier.

Bandcamp:

BBCODE USAGE:
Code:
[bandcamp album={NUMBER} bgcol={SIMPLETEXT1} linkcol={SIMPLETEXT2} size={SIMPLETEXT3}][/bandcamp]

BBCODE EXAMPLE:
Code:
[bandcamp album=1848888471  bgcol=FFFFFF linkcol=4285BB size=venti][/bandcamp]

HTML REPLACEMENT:
Code:
<iframe width="400" height="100" style="position: relative; display: block; width: 400px; height: 100px;" src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/v=2/album={NUMBER}/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB/" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I'm not 100% sure if this one will work correctly, but it's worth a try.

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 1:56 am 
post-structuralist

my company wants to hire you

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 2:03 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

malice wrote:

:lol: What does your company do?

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 2:10 am 
post-structuralist

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
malice wrote:

the official answer is (essentially) a software product company providing business intelligence via web based subscription services
the actual answer is they don't have a fucking clue these days, but they want to hire you anyway in case they figure it out.

people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 2:16 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

malice wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
malice wrote:

the official answer is (essentially) a software product company providing business intelligence via web based subscription services
the actual answer is they don't have a fucking clue these days, but they want to hire you anyway in case they figure it out.

As enticing as it sounds, I think the 14,170 KM commute is going to kill me after a while.

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 2:22 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

It's a shame we couldn't have had our 9 coffee breaks a day together though, Mary. They would've been great.

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 9:17 am 
Rank This Poster

The bandcamp one doesn't even have to be that complicated/customized. Let's say we opt for an unique size for the player on the board (the 400x120 one for instance), people would just have get the album ID within the BC embed code:
Code:
<iframe style="border: 0; width: 100%; height: 120px;" src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=*****JUST THIS NUMBER RIGHT HERE*****/size=medium/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="http://ihadanaccident.bandcamp.com/album/boogie-boy-metal-mouth">Boogie Boy Metal Mouth by Boogie Boy Metal Mouth</a></iframe>

and use it like this:
Code:
[bandcamp]2421209730[/bandcamp]

That would look like this:
Code:
[bandcamp]{NUMBER}[/bandcamp]

Code:
<iframe style="border: 0; width: 100%; height: 120px;" src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album={NUMBER}/size=medium/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/transparent=true/" seamless></iframe>

But the easiest way for the user would of course be to let them grab the full embed code without worrying about which part is important. Maybe the wordpress embed code, as it's shorter and simpler.

Code:
[bandcamp][bandcamp width={SIMPLETEXT1} height={SIMPLETEXT2} album={NUMBER} size={SIMPLETEXT3} bgcol={SIMPLETEXT4} linkcol={SIMPLETEXT5}][/bandcamp]

Code:
<iframe style="border: 0; width: 100%; height: 120px;" src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album={NUMBER}/size=medium/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/transparent=true/" seamless></iframe>

The only problem with that is that if you select the large player on bandcamp, you get a slightly different embed code with an additional parameter, which is going to fuck things up.

So maybe the first option of just getting the album ID from either embed code and having a fixed size/display might be easier to implement. I reckon the people who are going to embed bandcamp streams are internet-savvy enough to know how to get the album ID within the full embed code.

(note: I can't test any of that right now, so there could be mistakes)

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 9:42 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

That's probably a better way, nice work heathen. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 4:19 am 
Poster of the Year

Just the id code would be best.

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 6:59 am 
Rank This Poster

Yeah, but there's something I hadn't thought about. This was for embedding albums, embedding single tracks is yet another code :?

Code:
[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=1725912726 size=medium bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5]
vs.
Code:
[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=1725912726 size=medium bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 t=6]

It's been a while since I've used BBcodes and I'm not sure if the syntax allows for more complicated patterns (where part of the text would be optional to account for the presence or absence of the track parameter). If not that means using two different bbcodes, which is kinda shitty.

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 6:14 pm 
Poster of the Year

What if it was set up similar to the URL code so it's something like [bandcamp=ALBUMID]track number[\bandcamp]?

It would at least be a syntax that's somewhat familiar to codes we already use.

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 6:24 pm 
Rank This Poster

cutuphalfdead wrote:
What if it was set up similar to the URL code so it's something like [bandcamp=ALBUMID]track number[\bandcamp]?

I don't know how that would work when you're embedding the full set (meaning there's no track number). We'd have to be able to write a code that does "if there's a track number use the code for the track player otherwise use the code for the album player", and while this is easily doable in general I'm not certain the custom BBcode feature of the board allows it.

Or did you mean having this code as a separate BBcode for embedding tracks?

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 6:59 pm 
Poster of the Year

Heathen wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

I don't know how that would work when you're embedding the full set (meaning there's no track number). We'd have to be able to write a code that does "if there's a track number use the code for the track player otherwise use the code for the album player", and while this is easily doable in general I'm not certain the custom BBcode feature of the board allows it.

Or did you mean having this code as a separate BBcode for embedding tracks?

The if/then statement regarding the track is ideal, but is it the end of the world having 2 codes?

[BCalbum]ID[/BCalbum]
[BCtrack=track#]albumid[/BCtrack]

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 7:15 pm 
post-structuralist

they're never gonna do any of this, btw.

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 7:20 pm 
Poster of the Year

Why not? They've added twitter and vine embed codes recently. Having the soundcloud one would have been very useful in the last pearl jam tourament and would be huge in any thread McParadigm makes in Release.

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 7:21 pm 
post-structuralist

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Why not? They've added twitter and vine embed codes recently. Having the soundcloud one would have been very useful in the last pearl jam tourament and would be huge in any thread McParadigm makes in Release.

must you ruin every good shot i take at the mods around here with your confounded logic and reason, chud. jesus.

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 7:36 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Just be patient.

Board index » Help, Help » Technical Support