Switch to full style
Post a reply

Proposal: Post Count Limit

Mon March 18, 2024 6:57 pm

What if posters were limited to, say, 10 posts per day? Maybe it could improve overall post quality on the board. Think about it, mods, if this is even technically possible. Maybe you could hire me to volunteer to ban people for the rest of the day for exceeding the limit. There are ways to make this happen. Just think about this revolutionary proposal, and decide your opinion. Thanks.

Re: Proposal: Post Count Limit

Mon March 18, 2024 6:59 pm

tree_ wrote:What if posters were limited to, say, 10 posts per day? Maybe it could improve overall post quality on the board. Think about it, mods, if this is even technically possible. Maybe you could hire me to volunteer to ban people for the rest of the day for exceeding the limit. There are ways to make this happen. Just think about this revolutionary proposal, and decide your opinion. Thanks.

Why would you be needed to ban people? Why not just set a limit and then have it automatically take away the posting ability?

Mon March 18, 2024 6:59 pm

Or we could just limit Alex to 10 posts a day, since that is who you are talking about.

Mon March 18, 2024 7:00 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
tree_ wrote:What if posters were limited to, say, 10 posts per day? Maybe it could improve overall post quality on the board. Think about it, mods, if this is even technically possible. Maybe you could hire me to volunteer to ban people for the rest of the day for exceeding the limit. There are ways to make this happen. Just think about this revolutionary proposal, and decide your opinion. Thanks.

Why would you be needed to ban people? Why not just set a limit and then have it automatically take away the posting ability?

Even better. I didn't know that was possible.

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Or we could just limit Alex to 10 posts a day, since that is who you are talking about.

Sounds good. Thanks.

Mon March 18, 2024 7:17 pm

Yeah, we don't want limit everyone because there are occasionally good discussions going on around here that deserve space.

But Alex isn't doing that. He's barely a notch above spambot at this point.

Should we ban him!?

No

Mon March 18, 2024 7:19 pm

you’ll cowards don’t even smoke crack.

Mon March 18, 2024 7:22 pm

lol I had forgotten about that

Mon March 18, 2024 7:22 pm

The Argonaut wrote:Should we ban him!?

just untill the next day

Mon March 18, 2024 7:25 pm

You're over your limit for the day, Alex. Please stop posting. Feel free to resume tomorrow. But you're done for the day. I don't see the mods coding a post limit for you into the phpbb innards of the forum nor do I see them granting tree temporary banning powers, so you'll just have to submit voluntarily

Submit!

Mon March 18, 2024 7:36 pm

Okey!

Tue March 19, 2024 12:28 am

freedom of speech bros

Tue March 19, 2024 12:29 am

Limit one post a day
Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 19, 2024 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue March 19, 2024 12:52 am

as a former journalist, i care deeply about free speech. even more than Elon Musk.

Tue March 19, 2024 12:56 am

I bequeath the remainder of my posts for today to Alex

Tue March 19, 2024 12:56 am

Sorry, I am 3 posts past my daily limit. Nevermind

Tue March 19, 2024 2:05 am

"bequeath"

Tue March 19, 2024 2:23 am

bequeathment is allowed. mods, in case you are currently working on re-coding the board's phpbb innards, please make note: bequeathment is allowed

Tue March 19, 2024 2:25 am

this is my eighth post of the day and I'm about to go to sleep, so I bequeath my two remaining posts to Alex. have fun with them, pal

Tue March 19, 2024 2:42 am

tree_ wrote:"bequeath"

What?

Tue March 19, 2024 3:28 am

this is exactly what an HOA is like
Post a reply