Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: Television Set

Thu May 12, 2022 4:56 pm

washing machine wrote:
tree_ wrote:
washing machine wrote:Advice: unless you need this TV RIGHT NOW, don't take on a payment plan. Even interest-free. Wait til you have the money to pay then enjoy the TV debt-free. You don't want to risk missing a payment and paying late fees and it's a drag seeing those little chunks of payments go on for weeks after you already have the TV.

https://www.ramseysolutions.com/debt/di ... ment-plans

I appreciate the advice, but I'm not going to be missing a payment. It's only 5 months long and it's a lot more bearable to me than seeing 720 deducted right away.

I get it. You do you. When I heard you mention a payment plan, I just couldn't help but offer up some stuff I've learned from experience. Bookmark that Ramsey site. Never know when you might need it.

thanks dude

Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Enjoy the new television!

Thu May 12, 2022 4:58 pm

It'll be delivered in a week. I'm excited cause I haven't had a TV of this higher quality before. That TCL unexpectedly kinda sucked. I put too much stock in the "4K" and not enough in all the other variables. I think it was like 400 a few years ago

Thu May 12, 2022 5:05 pm

Did you find the HDR on the TCL super cloudy and dark? That was my experience when I bought one of their sets a few years ago, ended up returning it

Thu May 12, 2022 5:07 pm

Jorge wrote:Did you find the HDR on the TCL super cloudy and dark? That was my experience when I bought one of their sets a few years ago, ended up returning it

Yeah it was pretty dark. I don't know the verbage you're supposed to use with TV talk but I couldn't get the brightness or colors right, especially in video games. I tried a lot of recommended calibrations and it only helped a little bit. Apparently the higher end TCLs aren't so bad, but this was a cheaper one. Pretty glad it crapped out on me so I could upgrade without the guilt.

Thu May 12, 2022 11:20 pm

Let us know how you like it in a few months. I know I'm going to want a new one sooner or later. I thought I had heard a lot of good things about TCL, so these posts are a disappointment.

Thu May 12, 2022 11:59 pm

there are higher quality TCLs apparently, but I'd rather go with another brand at this point

Fri May 13, 2022 2:12 am

tree_ wrote:there are higher quality TCLs apparently, but I'd rather go with another brand at this point

I'm not happy with my Samsung and it's smart tv capabilities. It's pretty old though and was probably among the very early smart tv's.

Sun May 15, 2022 9:08 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:Let us know how you like it in a few months. I know I'm going to want a new one sooner or later. I thought I had heard a lot of good things about TCL, so these posts are a disappointment.

Welp. Screen went fuzzy. I unplugged it, changed the picture size, swapped out HDMI cables...nothing.

Somebody tell me what to buy. I have a small living room and anything above 50 inch is too much.

Sun May 15, 2022 9:19 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:Let us know how you like it in a few months. I know I'm going to want a new one sooner or later. I thought I had heard a lot of good things about TCL, so these posts are a disappointment.

Welp. Screen went fuzzy. I unplugged it, changed the picture size, swapped out HDMI cables...nothing.

Somebody tell me what to buy. I have a small living room and anything above 50 inch is too much.

how many P's does it have?

Sun May 15, 2022 9:23 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:

Too many to count.

I reset my Roku device and it's clear now. Something still seems just a little off, but it could just be my old, gay eyes.

Mon May 16, 2022 1:25 pm

could have been an internet issue

Mon May 16, 2022 1:37 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:

Too many to count.

I reset my Roku device and it's clear now. Something still seems just a little off, but it could just be my old, gay eyes.

It's possible that the Roku was blocking some of the P's.

Tue May 17, 2022 2:44 am

BurtReynolds wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Too many to count.

It's possible that the Roku was blocking some of the P's.

Roku would never do that to me.

Tue May 17, 2022 2:44 am

Would it?

It wouldn't I just know it wouldn't. Right?

Tue May 17, 2022 2:08 pm

plug in your satellite dish and see if the quality changes. that's science

Tue May 17, 2022 2:58 pm

tree_ wrote:plug in your satellite dish and see if the quality changes. that's science

It’s on my roof and I have a broken leg.

Tue May 17, 2022 3:02 pm

how/when did you break your leg?

Tue May 17, 2022 3:24 pm

tree_ wrote:how/when did you break your leg?

Sex. Last Friday.

Tue May 17, 2022 5:04 pm

lies

anyway, the more reviews i read/watch on the U8G, the happier I am to have purchased it.. and it's already gone up 50 bucks on amazon since i bought it!
Post a reply