The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Help, Help » Technical Support




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Television Set
PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2022 1:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 37195
doug rr wrote:
congratulations lenny...regarding sound bars, i've had 2 yamaha's for years now with no problems

Give one to me.

_________________
daft twat wrote:
“Hey Luke, how’s it going?”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Television Set
PostPosted: Thu October 13, 2022 4:10 pm 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 20537
Location: almost in canada
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
doug rr wrote:
congratulations lenny...regarding sound bars, i've had 2 yamaha's for years now with no problems

Give one to me.

they are in the california home..wont be there for a year..


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Television Set
PostPosted: Mon November 28, 2022 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 21622
spike wrote:
Anyone have an issue where their smart TV disconnects from the wifi all the time? Solution seems to be to power down for 20-30 seconds, essentially rebooting the TV, and it connects to wifi again.

This is happening on a Samsung Frame, but I’m thinking it may be a modem or wifi issue/setting, as I have another Frame at my other residence that’s never done this!

Manually setting the DNS to a static IP seems to have resolved this, in case it helps anyone else.

The TV doesn’t drop offline while using anymore, and though it will sometimes say it’s disconnected from the internet when turned on, it quickly resolves this and connects on its own. No power down process needed to reconnect.

Please close any open tickets related to this issue.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Television Set
PostPosted: Mon November 28, 2022 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 35848
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
spike wrote:
spike wrote:
Anyone have an issue where their smart TV disconnects from the wifi all the time? Solution seems to be to power down for 20-30 seconds, essentially rebooting the TV, and it connects to wifi again.

This is happening on a Samsung Frame, but I’m thinking it may be a modem or wifi issue/setting, as I have another Frame at my other residence that’s never done this!

Manually setting the DNS to a static IP seems to have resolved this, in case it helps anyone else.

The TV doesn’t drop offline while using anymore, and though it will sometimes say it’s disconnected from the internet when turned on, it quickly resolves this and connects on its own. No power down process needed to reconnect.

Please close any open tickets related to this issue.

Time to return to CRT televisions.

_________________
RM's resident disinformation expert.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Television Set
PostPosted: Tue November 29, 2022 2:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 37195
BurtReynolds wrote:
spike wrote:
spike wrote:
Anyone have an issue where their smart TV disconnects from the wifi all the time? Solution seems to be to power down for 20-30 seconds, essentially rebooting the TV, and it connects to wifi again.

This is happening on a Samsung Frame, but I’m thinking it may be a modem or wifi issue/setting, as I have another Frame at my other residence that’s never done this!

Manually setting the DNS to a static IP seems to have resolved this, in case it helps anyone else.

The TV doesn’t drop offline while using anymore, and though it will sometimes say it’s disconnected from the internet when turned on, it quickly resolves this and connects on its own. No power down process needed to reconnect.

Please close any open tickets related to this issue.

Time to return to CRT televisions.

I'll have a few mailed to your house.

_________________
daft twat wrote:
“Hey Luke, how’s it going?”


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Board index » Help, Help » Technical Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed February 08, 2023 7:11 am