The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Tue September 06, 2016 3:57 pm 
The Master

Heartburn

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 4:42 pm 
Rank This Poster

Courtney Cox is now 53, Lisa Kudrow is 54.
Rue McClanahan was 51 when Golden Girls began production.

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 4:53 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Biff Pocoroba wrote:

Jesus.

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 6:34 pm 
Posting (live)

tragabigzanda wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:

Jesus.

would you rather (roughly same age)

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 6:36 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:

Jesus.

would you rather (roughly same age)

Phoebe FTW.

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 6:43 pm 
Polluted

How old is Rachel?

PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 3:19 pm 
Rank This Poster

I'm closer in age to my 60s than I am to my college years.

PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 5:33 pm 
The Master

my hips

PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 5:40 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

My oldest kid is going to be a teenager in two months.

PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 5:51 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I work on bicycles a lot in my garage. Usually I'm cleaning gears or whatever and I sit on the ground, kind of hunched over. I have a seat and a little table but for some reason I just gravitate towards sitting on the concrete. Anyway, last week I was sitting and I felt a twinge in my leg, kind of like when a tendon gets caught and goes *twang*, but I wasn't moving anything so I thought that was weird. I stand up a little while later and my left cheek and the backside of my leg are numb. Whatevs, it's what happens when your leg goes to sleep so I didn't think anything of it.

Well, it's been numb ever since and it's a little freaky to have half my leg numb all the time. I've been using the seat ever since and when I play Lego with my son I sit on my knees instead because whatever nerve I pinched, I don't want to make it worse.

PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 5:58 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat wrote:
my hips

bune wrote:
I work on bicycles a lot in my garage. Usually I'm cleaning gears or whatever and I sit on the ground, kind of hunched over. I have a seat and a little table but for some reason I just gravitate towards sitting on the concrete. Anyway, last week I was sitting and I felt a twinge in my leg, kind of like when a tendon gets caught and goes *twang*, but I wasn't moving anything so I thought that was weird. I stand up a little while later and my left cheek and the backside of my leg are numb. Whatevs, it's what happens when your leg goes to sleep so I didn't think anything of it.

Well, it's been numb ever since and it's a little freaky to have half my leg numb all the time. I've been using the seat ever since and when I play Lego with my son I sit on my knees instead because whatever nerve I pinched, I don't want to make it worse.

This is an ongoing issue from me. Apart from targeted foam roller stuff (or strat's mighty yoga), there's a real simple stretch I do multiple times a day: Imagine you are trying to sit indian style, but you're standing up. That is, cross one leg (the leg that has the painful hip) over your other knee, then use your straight leg to crouch straight down (I usually brace my arms on something like a counter); it should open up the hip that is bothering you.

PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 6:05 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Do you have any similar techniques for a nagging shoulder tightness, trag?

PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 6:11 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
my hips

bune wrote:

This is an ongoing issue from me. Apart from targeted foam roller stuff (or strat's mighty yoga), there's a real simple stretch I do multiple times a day: Imagine you are trying to sit indian style, but you're standing up. That is, cross one leg (the leg that has the painful hip) over your other knee, then use your straight leg to crouch straight down (I usually brace my arms on something like a counter); it should open up the hip that is bothering you.

I'll try that out. I know that as I'm on the downward side of the hill I need to stretch more but my brain still thinks I'm 20-something so it says ain't no one got time for that and off I go.

PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 6:37 pm 
The Master

bune wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
my hips

bune wrote:

I'll try that out. I know that as I'm on the downward side of the hill I need to stretch more but my brain still thinks I'm 20-something so it says ain't no one got time for that and off I go.

Which can be a little bit more accessible as youre not balancing on one leg (though the balancing on one leg thing will be great for strengthening the outer hip of the balancing leg (which can also help tight hips)

PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 6:39 pm 
The Master

actually doing that on your back is even easier

PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 6:41 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Tom Cruise is older now than Wilford Brimley was when he made Cocoon.

PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 6:42 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat wrote:
bune wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
my hips

bune wrote:

Which can be a little bit more accessible as youre not balancing on one leg (though the balancing on one leg thing will be great for strengthening the outer hip of the balancing leg (which can also help tight hips)

Yeah, I do the one is Strat's pic too, after a lengthy foam roller session. What the heck is that called again? Pigeon pose?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion