The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Tue September 06, 2016 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 37176
Location: Mountains
Heartburn


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 5126
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
Courtney Cox is now 53, Lisa Kudrow is 54.
Rue McClanahan was 51 when Golden Girls began production.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25573
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Courtney Cox is now 53, Lisa Kudrow is 54.
Rue McClanahan was 51 when Golden Girls began production.

Jesus.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 18823
Location: Seattle, WA
tragabigzanda wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Courtney Cox is now 53, Lisa Kudrow is 54.
Rue McClanahan was 51 when Golden Girls began production.

Jesus.


would you rather (roughly same age)


Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25573
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Courtney Cox is now 53, Lisa Kudrow is 54.
Rue McClanahan was 51 when Golden Girls began production.

Jesus.


would you rather (roughly same age)


Image

Phoebe FTW.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 7520
Location: PM me, I have everything.
How old is Rachel?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 5126
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
I'm closer in age to my 60s than I am to my college years.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 37176
Location: Mountains
my hips


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 14370
Location: Dat Azz
My oldest kid is going to be a teenager in two months.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 7220
Location: Washington State
I work on bicycles a lot in my garage. Usually I'm cleaning gears or whatever and I sit on the ground, kind of hunched over. I have a seat and a little table but for some reason I just gravitate towards sitting on the concrete. Anyway, last week I was sitting and I felt a twinge in my leg, kind of like when a tendon gets caught and goes *twang*, but I wasn't moving anything so I thought that was weird. I stand up a little while later and my left cheek and the backside of my leg are numb. Whatevs, it's what happens when your leg goes to sleep so I didn't think anything of it.

Well, it's been numb ever since and it's a little freaky to have half my leg numb all the time. I've been using the seat ever since and when I play Lego with my son I sit on my knees instead because whatever nerve I pinched, I don't want to make it worse.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25573
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Strat wrote:
my hips


bune wrote:
I work on bicycles a lot in my garage. Usually I'm cleaning gears or whatever and I sit on the ground, kind of hunched over. I have a seat and a little table but for some reason I just gravitate towards sitting on the concrete. Anyway, last week I was sitting and I felt a twinge in my leg, kind of like when a tendon gets caught and goes *twang*, but I wasn't moving anything so I thought that was weird. I stand up a little while later and my left cheek and the backside of my leg are numb. Whatevs, it's what happens when your leg goes to sleep so I didn't think anything of it.

Well, it's been numb ever since and it's a little freaky to have half my leg numb all the time. I've been using the seat ever since and when I play Lego with my son I sit on my knees instead because whatever nerve I pinched, I don't want to make it worse.


This is an ongoing issue from me. Apart from targeted foam roller stuff (or strat's mighty yoga), there's a real simple stretch I do multiple times a day: Imagine you are trying to sit indian style, but you're standing up. That is, cross one leg (the leg that has the painful hip) over your other knee, then use your straight leg to crouch straight down (I usually brace my arms on something like a counter); it should open up the hip that is bothering you.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 11164
Location: Space City
Do you have any similar techniques for a nagging shoulder tightness, trag?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 7220
Location: Washington State
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
my hips


bune wrote:
I work on bicycles a lot in my garage. Usually I'm cleaning gears or whatever and I sit on the ground, kind of hunched over. I have a seat and a little table but for some reason I just gravitate towards sitting on the concrete. Anyway, last week I was sitting and I felt a twinge in my leg, kind of like when a tendon gets caught and goes *twang*, but I wasn't moving anything so I thought that was weird. I stand up a little while later and my left cheek and the backside of my leg are numb. Whatevs, it's what happens when your leg goes to sleep so I didn't think anything of it.

Well, it's been numb ever since and it's a little freaky to have half my leg numb all the time. I've been using the seat ever since and when I play Lego with my son I sit on my knees instead because whatever nerve I pinched, I don't want to make it worse.


This is an ongoing issue from me. Apart from targeted foam roller stuff (or strat's mighty yoga), there's a real simple stretch I do multiple times a day: Imagine you are trying to sit indian style, but you're standing up. That is, cross one leg (the leg that has the painful hip) over your other knee, then use your straight leg to crouch straight down (I usually brace my arms on something like a counter); it should open up the hip that is bothering you.

I'll try that out. I know that as I'm on the downward side of the hill I need to stretch more but my brain still thinks I'm 20-something so it says ain't no one got time for that and off I go.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 37176
Location: Mountains
bune wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
my hips


bune wrote:
I work on bicycles a lot in my garage. Usually I'm cleaning gears or whatever and I sit on the ground, kind of hunched over. I have a seat and a little table but for some reason I just gravitate towards sitting on the concrete. Anyway, last week I was sitting and I felt a twinge in my leg, kind of like when a tendon gets caught and goes *twang*, but I wasn't moving anything so I thought that was weird. I stand up a little while later and my left cheek and the backside of my leg are numb. Whatevs, it's what happens when your leg goes to sleep so I didn't think anything of it.

Well, it's been numb ever since and it's a little freaky to have half my leg numb all the time. I've been using the seat ever since and when I play Lego with my son I sit on my knees instead because whatever nerve I pinched, I don't want to make it worse.


This is an ongoing issue from me. Apart from targeted foam roller stuff (or strat's mighty yoga), there's a real simple stretch I do multiple times a day: Imagine you are trying to sit indian style, but you're standing up. That is, cross one leg (the leg that has the painful hip) over your other knee, then use your straight leg to crouch straight down (I usually brace my arms on something like a counter); it should open up the hip that is bothering you.

I'll try that out. I know that as I'm on the downward side of the hill I need to stretch more but my brain still thinks I'm 20-something so it says ain't no one got time for that and off I go.


Image

Which can be a little bit more accessible as youre not balancing on one leg (though the balancing on one leg thing will be great for strengthening the outer hip of the balancing leg (which can also help tight hips)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 37176
Location: Mountains
actually doing that on your back is even easier


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 68655
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Tom Cruise is older now than Wilford Brimley was when he made Cocoon.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Thu August 09, 2018 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25573
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Strat wrote:
bune wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
my hips


bune wrote:
I work on bicycles a lot in my garage. Usually I'm cleaning gears or whatever and I sit on the ground, kind of hunched over. I have a seat and a little table but for some reason I just gravitate towards sitting on the concrete. Anyway, last week I was sitting and I felt a twinge in my leg, kind of like when a tendon gets caught and goes *twang*, but I wasn't moving anything so I thought that was weird. I stand up a little while later and my left cheek and the backside of my leg are numb. Whatevs, it's what happens when your leg goes to sleep so I didn't think anything of it.

Well, it's been numb ever since and it's a little freaky to have half my leg numb all the time. I've been using the seat ever since and when I play Lego with my son I sit on my knees instead because whatever nerve I pinched, I don't want to make it worse.


This is an ongoing issue from me. Apart from targeted foam roller stuff (or strat's mighty yoga), there's a real simple stretch I do multiple times a day: Imagine you are trying to sit indian style, but you're standing up. That is, cross one leg (the leg that has the painful hip) over your other knee, then use your straight leg to crouch straight down (I usually brace my arms on something like a counter); it should open up the hip that is bothering you.

I'll try that out. I know that as I'm on the downward side of the hill I need to stretch more but my brain still thinks I'm 20-something so it says ain't no one got time for that and off I go.


Image

Which can be a little bit more accessible as youre not balancing on one leg (though the balancing on one leg thing will be great for strengthening the outer hip of the balancing leg (which can also help tight hips)


Yeah, I do the one is Strat's pic too, after a lengthy foam roller session. What the heck is that called again? Pigeon pose?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Tue December 18, 2018 6:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 6121
My body officially can’t take half assing my way through 90 minutes of pickup basketball every other week. Kill me now I can barely walk.

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Tue December 18, 2018 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 5126
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
When I was a kid The Wizard of Oz seemed like a really old movie.
Like kids today probably think of the original Star Wars.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that make you feel old..
PostPosted: Tue December 18, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52947
My knee sprain from early October still gives me problems sometimes

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bart, Bing [Bot], Blaine Ryan, LetMeSleep and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed January 23, 2019 1:21 am