The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Million Dollar Ideas
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:23 pm 
Posting (live)

daft twat wrote:
A calendar exactly like an advent calendar, except it's the last 25 days of the school year. Student and teacher versions. Switches from chocolates to uppers for finals week for students. Switches from antidepressants to scrolls of reminders that the big check has to last all summer for teachers.

Heh

PostPosted: Sat June 24, 2017 9:03 pm 
Posting (live)

A website builder that is better than Squarespace.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:26 am 
Posting (live)

Some sort of device that is purchased by developers/contractors and installed in building that communicates with firearms, and doesn't allow firearms to be shot from within X feet of said building.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:33 am 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Some sort of device that is purchased by developers/contractors and installed in building that communicates with firearms, and doesn't allow firearms to be shot from within X feet of said building.

Well what if cops need to come in and take someone out who walked in with bombs strapped to his chest? Or a machete wielding masked madman?

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:35 am 
Posting (live)

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Well what if cops need to come in and take someone out who walked in with bombs strapped to his chest? Or a machete wielding masked madman?

But the cops would have guns that override this device.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:37 am 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

THis could be a million dollar idea but with the Russians out there these days....I just dont know

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:38 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

THis could be a million dollar idea but with the Russians out there these days....I just dont know

Ladies and Gentlemen, America!

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:39 am 
Posting (live)

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

If one could develop the technology, and then get the folks behind the International Building Code on board, and THEN have the patience to let it play out in courts and legislature for a decade or so...This could potentially be a billion dollar idea worthy of its own thread.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:40 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Unless that device could magically disable gunpowder, I don't see how that would work.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:41 am 
Posting (live)

It could lock the trigger on the guns.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:41 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Lose the fucking guns.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:42 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

A better idea would be to ban all guns and implement lasers instead. The lasers could be easily disabled in certain areas, except for law enforcement, army, etc. They could then also develop a special tool that makes traditional mechanical weapons explode in the hands of any offender.

This seems feasible, let's make it happen.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:42 am 
Posting (live)

Within 500 yards from a school or shopping center? Your trigger won't work!
Within a mile of an airport? Your trigger won't work!
Within...You get the idea.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:43 am 
Posting (live)

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
A better idea would be to ban all guns and implement lasers instead. The lasers could be easily disabled in certain areas, except for law enforcement, army, etc. They could then also develop a special tool that makes traditional mechanical weapons explode in the hands of any offender.

Are there actually weaponized lasers on this planet yet? I thought they were just for fixing blemishes or duping balding men into paying for expensive hairloss therapy.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:44 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

tragabigzanda wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

Are there actually weaponized lasers on this planet yet? I thought they were just for fixing blemishes or duping balding men into paying for expensive hairloss therapy.

You can down airplanes with them by blinding the pilots. I mean, I've heard that.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:45 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

You can down airplanes with them by blinding the pilots. I mean, I've heard that.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:46 am 
Posting (live)

BurtReynolds wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

New million dollar idea: Sunglasses for pilots!

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:47 am 

Why aren't recreational nukes a thing yet? They were invented in the 40s or 50s or whatever.

Science has failed me.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:49 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

BurtReynolds wrote:
Why aren't recreational nukes a thing yet? They were invented in the 40s or 50s or whatever.

Science has failed me.

Hey, uh..

I know a guy.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 10:03 am 
AnalLog

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Science has failed me.

Hey, uh..

I know a guy.

Sounds to me like you guys are being denied your 2nd amendment rights here for sure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion