The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Top 10 GD Feuds
PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:28 pm 
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Please note: I am aware that RM has a long history that I was not a part of, or that I'm simply not remembering. If you feel like I left out any big ones, please post them in the thread.

10. px vs. uglyduckling
Perennially passive-aggressive poster PX progressed pretty quickly from a down-home, aw-shucks, kind-of-unfunny-but-otherwise-perfectly-friendly poster to one of the biggest antagonists in GD history. Catfish Uglyduckling, in her role as GD's collective girlfriend at the time, proved the perfect target for PX to unleash her tepid, lukewarm wrath upon. Both posters ended up abandoning RM. Current status: resolved.

9. WtOB? vs. theplatypus
The early days of RM3 were a difficult time. GD was a barren wasteland, and the need to rebuild was almost overtaken by the sheer laze to do so. A bizarre evil by the name of BiggWrigg revealed itself around this time, cluttering up these subforums with all manner of nonsense threads. Ever the self-righteous douchebag, theplatypus took it upon himself to campaign against BiggWrigg. The poster WtOB, formerly Adamdude, rightly called him out on having a stick up his ass, and unleashed a barrage of attacks that lasted through a good chunk of 2013. Both posters have since made amends, and BiggWrigg is nowhere to be found. Current status: resolved.

8. theplatypus vs. durdencommatyler
Social media unfriending. Hushed declarations of enmity. Between-the-lines trash-talk. Allegations of racism. A mysterious divide that runs deep between two former besties. Tensions simmer just below the surface, threatening to boil over and devastate all of GD. Current status: no one knows.

7. Dev vs. @SkitchP
I like this feud because it seems that there's only one active participant in it. I'm not completely sure of its genesis, but my best guess is that a few years ago Skitch made a snide remark painting Dev as a domestic abuser and Dev's held a grudge ever since. Skitch does his best to deflect Dev's constant assaults, claiming (perhaps disingenuously) that he wants to be friends. Dev detests everything Skitch stands for and remains steadfast in his convictions. Truly an unstoppable force vs. an inmovable object. Current status: ongoing and weird.

6. Harry Lime vs. Lament
One of the more memorable blowups in recent history. A sheltered, vaguely-racist midwestern boy vs. an androgynous cosmopolitan progressive. This racially-charged feud stemmed from the controversy surrounding Donald Sterling's racist remarks, moved to the topic of black violence, and ended with a pretty vicious pun thread. Harry Lime was vanquished. Lament stops by from time to time. Current status: resolved.

5. PeopleMyAge vs. pretty much the whole board
Still don't know what the hell this was all about. At first a relatively harmless dweeb, PMA freaked us all out by going full psycho on everybody in the board. After his third perma-ban and various second accounts, PMA finally gave up on being friends with RM and left for good. Current status: resolved.

4. malice vs. Spike
I have a feeling that this one runs deep. Like an old married couple who've grown contentious and bitter, Malice and Spike's long history of posting together has caused them to become attuned-- and weary-- of each other's quirks, weaknesses, and triggers. There seems to be a whole other chapter we're not privy to, however; possibly something related to Malice's ban from the Fuge. Never quite exploding into a full-fledged fight, this feud makes itself felt along GD's hallowed threads in the form of veiled insults, insinuations, and omissions. Current status: dormant, but might resurface once Malice starts posting again.

3. Dev vs. Kaius, Strat, and durdencommatyler
This is a group of posters who either don't understand Dev at all, or understand him all too well. This seems to have started during Kaius's sex advice thread, where Dev took issue with Kaius's use of dildos. Or did he? Dev has never been easy to interpret in regards to how earnest he's being at any given time. Some RMers seem to be under the impression that he's trolling all the time, which might lead to Dev feeling dismissed and patronized when he's trying to be sincere. But Dev is an agent of chaos, and this might all be part of his design. I'm not sure what's going to happen with this strange battle, but it seems to me like it's just as much about Dev feuding with these guys as it is Dev feuding with himself. Current status: ongoing.

2. tragabigzanda vs. The Argonaut
One of the most controversial posters in recent memory, Trag has taken GD by storm. From his weird opinions on sex workers and the personal lives of various Hollywood actors to his relentless quest to finally meet an RMer in real life, something dark and sinister lurks inside the soul of this outwardly affable poster. The Argonaut, himself an erratic and unpredictable poster, found himself targeted by Trag's inquisitive line of too-close-for-comfort questioning. A battle of two posters with zero people skills (on the internet). Current status: gay.

1. cutuphalfdead vs. Beef
There was never any question of what would be #1 on this list. This is the GD feud to end all feuds, involving sex, lies, heartbreak, deceit, and Pearl Jam. One of the few RM feuds to spill over from the confines of Red Mosquito into real life, radically affecting the lives of all involved. This is the message-board version of the movie Closer, except it has a much more poetic (and some would say disturbing) outcome. If Beef ever made it back to the board, she would rightly call me out on the fact that I talk about this whole thing a lot. But I am fascinated by how it all turned out. There are times when posting on a message board transcends its status as a frivolous time-killer, and becomes something bigger. This feud, harrowing as it surely was for everybody embroiled therein, was special. And I am honored to have witnessed it from a safe distance. Current status: resolved.

Last edited by theplatypus on Wed October 05, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Top 10 GD Feuds
PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:30 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I didn't realize there was once a Platypus/Durden beef. Hopefully Dev can exploit this somehow in his neverending war with the board hunks.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:35 pm 
The Master

My feud with beef is not resolved, it's only in hibernation.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:36 pm 
 WWW  Profile

cutuphalfdead wrote:

I feel like it ended pretty decisively. "Resolved" doesn't necessarily mean you're friends now.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:36 pm 
The Master

Fun fact: In the early days of my feud with beef, it was not simply chud v beef, but chud v nearly every regular gd poster.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:37 pm 
The Master

theplatypus wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

I feel like it ended pretty decisively. "Resolved" doesn't necessarily mean you're friends now.

I just feel like if she was here, we'd be feuding.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:37 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Shit, I just remembered Skitch vs. Samwise. God that was a good one. I might revise this list later.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:40 pm 
Worst Moderator

theplatypus wrote:
Shit, I just remembered Skitch vs. Samwise. God that was a good one. I might revise this list later.

haha yeah

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:45 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

The Kaius/Strat/Durden thing did not start at Dildos. Although, that one argument on ?vulnerability? concerning Kaius's relationship was a major event in this feuding saga... Regardless, I think me and Kaius are cool now. I have been feuding with Strat since the old board. And me and Durden are polar opposites.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:48 pm 

The Skitch argument is not one-sided, but ThePlatypus has always viewed me as the major antagonist in all my feuds. Truthfully, most of my feuds are a result of the backlash of me having a big personality on the board. Most of my feuds are started by the people who are sick of me. I try to be benevolent to everyone until someone comes after me... Other times jokes getting taken wrong, and of course I have called some people out in the day.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:52 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Trag and argo do not belong on this list. That feud is fucking milquetoast

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:52 pm 
The Master

what great work the platypus does. really beautiful.

Me and dev will be best of friends some day.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:53 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

theplatypus wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

"resolved" does seem to carry an amicable connotation. .

...what about "buried".? ahh, nevermind because then people will think there's a hatchet and that's amicable too.

"buried alive" .. hmm. too spooky.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:54 pm 
 WWW  Profile

The Argonaut wrote:

Make your own list. This is mine. And I love that feud.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:55 pm 

BurtReynolds wrote:
I didn't realize there was once a Platypus/Durden beef. Hopefully Dev can exploit this somehow in his neverending war with the board hunks.

Jorge has literally instructed I and Argo on how to behave toward Durden which apparently Durden is on to. I, for the most part, tried to avoid the demands, but I think Argo has pretty much destroyed his relationship with Durden over this. It's pretty fucked up and I wish I was never a part of it. The funny thing is that Durden seems to hate me the most of all.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:56 pm 

The Argonaut wrote:

who do you think has been your worst feud?

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:57 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Dev wrote:
Truthfully, most of my feuds are a result of the backlash of me having a big personality on the board.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 8:57 pm 

Dev wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Jorg has literally instructed I and Argo on how to behave toward Durden which apparently Durden is on to. I, for the most part, tried to avoid the demands, but I think Argo has pretty much destroyed his relationship with Durden over this. It's pretty fucked up and I wish I was never a part of it. The funny thing is that Durden seems to hate me the most of all.

Obviously untrue. It's long been a matter of public record that the only person I've taken instruction from about how to interact with d,t was dev.

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 9:01 pm 

theplatypus wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

Make your own list. This is mine. And I love that feud.

Thanks, I guess. And thanks for this list. It's like a history of RM

PostPosted: Wed October 05, 2016 9:03 pm 

The Argonaut wrote:
Dev wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Jorg has literally instructed I and Argo on how to behave toward Durden which apparently Durden is on to. I, for the most part, tried to avoid the demands, but I think Argo has pretty much destroyed his relationship with Durden over this. It's pretty fucked up and I wish I was never a part of it. The funny thing is that Durden seems to hate me the most of all.

Obviously untrue. It's long been a matter of public record that the only person I've taken instruction from about how to interact with d,t was dev.

Your PM exchange with Durden was sinister. And yet Durden hates me! I have never shown him such cruelty during PM. The problem is that Durden thinks with his heart and not his head. If he did, he'd realize his bone to pick is with you two, and not me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion