The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Supernatural/Ghost Experiences
PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 5:07 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Iholdthepain wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
I have experience with ufo sightings and other supernatural craziness...

There's definitely more than meets the eye here in this life.

Details

A lot of head-trippy shit has happened to me, mainly when on acid, so it immediately gets discredited by anyone I talk to about it. Here are a few examples from sober times:

My uncle, who was with me outside, predicted that a strange red object we both witnessed slowly rise in the sky would take off at light speed... then it did, and he started mumbling some crazy shit about me. I never spoke with him about it again until shortly before he died. He didn't remember the mumblings or the prediction, but I sure as fuck do!

Also, on the way to see Tool play at Red Rocks in 2001, my wife and I were driving through the night somewhere in NM... We had friends following us. All of the sudden, a low-flying shadow of a ufo zoomed across the landscape from north to south at <100 ft from the ground, it seemed. This thing, like the red light I saw with my uncle, was moving WAY too quickly to be man made. When we stopped at a gas station, we asked our friends if they saw it and they said yes, and it freaked them out, too. They were going to ask us about it.

The supernatural ghost thing happened in 2008 when my mother-in-law was in a coma shortly before she died. Too many details in this one to write about, but the tl;dr version is simply that she awoke, asked to hold a rock, we gave her a rock, she didn't like it so she dropped it. Her sister arrived with a special rock, she went back into a coma holding that rock until she passed...

More than meets the eye, I tell ya!

...and then there's the strange case of the Woo-Woo Thing. In my late teens, I would regularly hang out at a friend's house. It was close to a lake east of Dallas. Occasionally we would hear the Woo-Woo Thing bellow when we were outside. It would always make the same deep, bass-heavy cadence of 'Woos'. We never saw it, but whatever it was, it was biological. Some thought we were describing a bullfrog, but ain't no frog ever let out a sound this deep, echoey, and seemingly from such a great distance.

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 5:13 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

you were just high, thip.

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 5:15 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

What if we're the ghosts?

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 5:56 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

The thought has crossed my mind...

Actually, it's more of a Matrix meets Truman Show kind of thing.

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 6:07 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Iholdthepain wrote:

We're on a TV show inside a computer program inside of a movie?

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 6:10 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

BurtReynolds wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

We're on a TV show inside a computer program inside of a movie?

This guy gets it...

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 11:16 am 
Future Drummer

Sometimes I wake up at night but am still half asleep and hallucinate spooky things for a few seconds. Maybe it's ghosts that run away when they notice I'm awake??

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 1:26 pm 
Rank This Poster

I had higher hopes for this thread; I love these types of stories.

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 1:32 pm 
The Master

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
I had higher hopes for this thread; I love these types of stories.

Same

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 1:49 pm 
The Master

Iholdthepain wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

Details

A lot of head-trippy shit has happened to me, mainly when on acid, so it immediately gets discredited by anyone I talk to about it. Here are a few examples from sober times:

My uncle, who was with me outside, predicted that a strange red object we both witnessed slowly rise in the sky would take off at light speed... then it did, and he started mumbling some crazy shit about me. I never spoke with him about it again until shortly before he died. He didn't remember the mumblings or the prediction, but I sure as fuck do!

Also, on the way to see Tool play at Red Rocks in 2001, my wife and I were driving through the night somewhere in NM... We had friends following us. All of the sudden, a low-flying shadow of a ufo zoomed across the landscape from north to south at <100 ft from the ground, it seemed. This thing, like the red light I saw with my uncle, was moving WAY too quickly to be man made. When we stopped at a gas station, we asked our friends if they saw it and they said yes, and it freaked them out, too. They were going to ask us about it.

The supernatural ghost thing happened in 2008 when my mother-in-law was in a coma shortly before she died. Too many details in this one to write about, but the tl;dr version is simply that she awoke, asked to hold a rock, we gave her a rock, she didn't like it so she dropped it. Her sister arrived with a special rock, she went back into a coma holding that rock until she passed...

why do you abuse your body with acid and possibly other hard drugs?

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 3:53 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Mine isn't exactly supernatural, but I think it fits the tone of the thread...

One time a friend and I went for an ice cream cone in a rural tone a couple towns over from where I grew up. We got our cones, and went for a walk in the woods. We wound up blazing our own trail, going off the beaten path for quite a ways. We eventually came up a clearing with what looked like an old crime scene, with police tape and everything. There was a lone house in the woods, and it had obviously had a pretty serious fire. There was a refrigerator out front, just sitting in the clearing next to some trees, and there was police tape around that too. We approached the house and looked in the window, and I shit you not -- nothing but burned children's toys and stuffed animals all over the floor of the house.

The whole thing just felt so creepy, like some really bad stuff had gone on there. The funny thing is that this town was just two towns over from where I grew up, so of course any major news there would have been covered by our paper. Whatever happened at this house happened long before we arrived that day, but we still have no idea what the story was, and find it quite odd that we've never heard anyone else mention it.

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 4:19 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
We got our cones, and went for a walk in the woods.

is this a spoiler for the stranger things season 2 premiere?

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 11:07 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

Details

I don't... Once upon a time I did... but I'd rather consider it 'abusing my inner child.'

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 11:08 pm 
The Master

Iholdthepain wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

Details

I don't... Once upon a time I did... but I'd rather consider it 'abusing my inner child.'

whew, well i'm glad you're clean now

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 11:11 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Iholdthepain wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

Details

Define 'clean'

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 11:15 pm 
The Master

Iholdthepain wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

Details

Define 'clean'

free from harmful substances

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 11:18 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Iholdthepain wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

Details

Define 'clean'

You must have taken the blue pill...

PostPosted: Mon September 12, 2016 11:21 pm 
The Master

Iholdthepain wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

Details

Define 'clean'

nope :)

PostPosted: Tue September 13, 2016 12:21 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Iholdthepain wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

Details

Define 'clean'

Then you realize that you have harmful substances entering your body on a daily basis...

PostPosted: Tue September 13, 2016 12:23 am 
The Master

Iholdthepain wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

Details

Define 'clean'

Then you realize that you have harmful substances entering your body on a daily basis...

maybe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion