The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 801 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next

how's the weather out there?
too hot 40%  40%  [ 8 ]
too cold 60%  60%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 20
Author Message
 Post subject: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 21121
It looks like the weather has pretty much shit the bed across North America today. I'm glad I really soaked it in the last 3 or so days, because it doesn't look like it will be nice for a while...

_________________
dev radio coming soon


Last edited by Dev on Fri February 10, 2017 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 36530

_________________
96583UP wrote:
Sincerely,
Fred Savage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21832
We were wearing t-shirts on Sunday, and look at our live cam today:

http://www.bigskytowncenter.com/webcam/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 36530
I find it kind of insane that you live in Big Sky, trag.

_________________
96583UP wrote:
Sincerely,
Fred Savage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 21121
tragabigzanda wrote:
We were wearing t-shirts on Sunday, and look at our live cam today:

http://www.bigskytowncenter.com/webcam/


that sucks

_________________
dev radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21832
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I find it kind of insane that you live in Big Sky, trag.

Why's that?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 50008
it's beginning to stay hot here...soon it'll be to the point that i sweat walking out to my car

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 36530
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I find it kind of insane that you live in Big Sky, trag.

Why's that?

Well, of course it looks completely gorgeous, but also looks suuuuuuuuper isolated. Too isolated for me.

_________________
96583UP wrote:
Sincerely,
Fred Savage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:50 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 34866
Location: Mountains
Trag, similar in Vail. A week ago it was 75 and sunny today we woke up to more snow :\

ah, spring in the rockies!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:52 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 34866
Location: Mountains
Strangers talk only about the weather


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21832
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I find it kind of insane that you live in Big Sky, trag.

Why's that?

Well, of course it looks completely gorgeous, but also looks suuuuuuuuper isolated. Too isolated for me.

You're right on both counts. The isolation isn't bad for us, because we love spending time together and I particularly find large groups of people to be very draining. There are days we miss access to culture and new ideas, but we are able to travel fairly regularly, and you can get a lot of great arts & entertainment online these days.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 36530
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I find it kind of insane that you live in Big Sky, trag.

Why's that?

Well, of course it looks completely gorgeous, but also looks suuuuuuuuper isolated. Too isolated for me.

You're right on both counts. The isolation isn't bad for us, because we love spending time together and I particularly find large groups of people to be very draining. There are days we miss access to culture and new ideas, but we are able to travel fairly regularly, and you can get a lot of great arts & entertainment online these days.

I'm the same way, but I would go nuts without access to restaurants, theaters, and (to a certain degree) shopping.

_________________
96583UP wrote:
Sincerely,
Fred Savage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21832
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I find it kind of insane that you live in Big Sky, trag.

Why's that?

Well, of course it looks completely gorgeous, but also looks suuuuuuuuper isolated. Too isolated for me.

You're right on both counts. The isolation isn't bad for us, because we love spending time together and I particularly find large groups of people to be very draining. There are days we miss access to culture and new ideas, but we are able to travel fairly regularly, and you can get a lot of great arts & entertainment online these days.

I'm the same way, but I would go nuts without access to restaurants, theaters, and (to a certain degree) shopping.

We have a smattering of restaurants, but also I love to cook.
We have a theater with two screens, but they only run the family crowd-pleasers.
Shopping here -- clothing, media, food -- is absolutely abysmal and we mostly order things from Amazon, and drive to Bozeman for a lot of our groceries.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 7316
Location: PM me, I have everything.
At least your death will be quick when the super volcano goes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21832
Self wrote:
At least your death will be quick when the super volcano goes.

That's the hope, anyway.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6017
the weather here is pissing me off. it's basically been cool and rainy for the last month with no end in site (per the 10 day). i guess the weather is getting slightly warmer, but really, we've had a handful of nice days, surrounded by high 50's and wet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:40 pm 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 21431
Location: the beach
got a nice marine layer out today...cool onshore breeze and about 68 degrees


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4708
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
There's been some scary tornado video coming in from the Plains the past couple days.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21832
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
There's been some scary tornado video coming in from the Plains the past couple days.

I'd be terrified to live near tornadoes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Talk about the Weather
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 36530
Man I love tornadoes. I wouldn't want to live near their prime zones (partially because the Midwest is a terrible place to live), but I would love to chase them sometime.

_________________
96583UP wrote:
Sincerely,
Fred Savage


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 801 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue August 21, 2018 4:34 pm