how's the weather out there?

too hot
33%
too cold
67%

Total votes : 18

Talk about the Weather

Tue May 10, 2016 6:36 pm

It looks like the weather has pretty much shit the bed across North America today. I'm glad I really soaked it in the last 3 or so days, because it doesn't look like it will be nice for a while...
Last edited by Dev on Fri February 10, 2017 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Talk about the Weather

Tue May 10, 2016 6:38 pm

Tue May 10, 2016 6:38 pm

We were wearing t-shirts on Sunday, and look at our live cam today:

http://www.bigskytowncenter.com/webcam/

Tue May 10, 2016 6:39 pm

I find it kind of insane that you live in Big Sky, trag.

Tue May 10, 2016 6:41 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:We were wearing t-shirts on Sunday, and look at our live cam today:

http://www.bigskytowncenter.com/webcam/

that sucks

Tue May 10, 2016 6:41 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:I find it kind of insane that you live in Big Sky, trag.

Why's that?

Tue May 10, 2016 6:45 pm

it's beginning to stay hot here...soon it'll be to the point that i sweat walking out to my car

Tue May 10, 2016 6:45 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:

Why's that?

Well, of course it looks completely gorgeous, but also looks suuuuuuuuper isolated. Too isolated for me.

Tue May 10, 2016 6:50 pm

Trag, similar in Vail. A week ago it was 75 and sunny today we woke up to more snow :\

ah, spring in the rockies!

Tue May 10, 2016 6:52 pm

Strangers talk only about the weather

Tue May 10, 2016 6:53 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Why's that?

Well, of course it looks completely gorgeous, but also looks suuuuuuuuper isolated. Too isolated for me.

You're right on both counts. The isolation isn't bad for us, because we love spending time together and I particularly find large groups of people to be very draining. There are days we miss access to culture and new ideas, but we are able to travel fairly regularly, and you can get a lot of great arts & entertainment online these days.

Tue May 10, 2016 6:55 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Why's that?

You're right on both counts. The isolation isn't bad for us, because we love spending time together and I particularly find large groups of people to be very draining. There are days we miss access to culture and new ideas, but we are able to travel fairly regularly, and you can get a lot of great arts & entertainment online these days.

I'm the same way, but I would go nuts without access to restaurants, theaters, and (to a certain degree) shopping.

Tue May 10, 2016 6:59 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Why's that?

I'm the same way, but I would go nuts without access to restaurants, theaters, and (to a certain degree) shopping.

We have a smattering of restaurants, but also I love to cook.
We have a theater with two screens, but they only run the family crowd-pleasers.
Shopping here -- clothing, media, food -- is absolutely abysmal and we mostly order things from Amazon, and drive to Bozeman for a lot of our groceries.

Tue May 10, 2016 7:03 pm

At least your death will be quick when the super volcano goes.

Tue May 10, 2016 7:13 pm

Self wrote:At least your death will be quick when the super volcano goes.

That's the hope, anyway.

Tue May 10, 2016 7:31 pm

the weather here is pissing me off. it's basically been cool and rainy for the last month with no end in site (per the 10 day). i guess the weather is getting slightly warmer, but really, we've had a handful of nice days, surrounded by high 50's and wet.

Tue May 10, 2016 7:40 pm

got a nice marine layer out today...cool onshore breeze and about 68 degrees

Tue May 10, 2016 7:49 pm

There's been some scary tornado video coming in from the Plains the past couple days.

Tue May 10, 2016 7:56 pm

Biff Pocoroba wrote:There's been some scary tornado video coming in from the Plains the past couple days.

I'd be terrified to live near tornadoes.

Tue May 10, 2016 7:59 pm

Man I love tornadoes. I wouldn't want to live near their prime zones (partially because the Midwest is a terrible place to live), but I would love to chase them sometime.
Post a reply