The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 60  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Mon September 17, 2018 8:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 38177
Location: Mountains
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Strat wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I just went back and counted, and in the last month and a half or so, I’ve purchased 38 Blu-rays/4K Blu-rays (with more on the way). I always make myself paranoid that I’m overspending on this stuff, but I love it and my finances always seem to wind up fine, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yup. This is me and records.

Respect, physical media bro

*high fives*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Mon September 17, 2018 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 35213
Location: Buenos Aires
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I just went back and counted, and in the last month and a half or so, I’ve purchased 38 Blu-rays/4K Blu-rays (with more on the way). I always make myself paranoid that I’m overspending on this stuff, but I love it and my finances always seem to wind up fine, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go without for 3 months and you'd be saving enough for a week-long vacation abroad

Yes but then I wouldn’t have the Blu-rays

You could buy them later and have both!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Mon September 17, 2018 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42082
Location: Garbage Dump
theplatypus wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I just went back and counted, and in the last month and a half or so, I’ve purchased 38 Blu-rays/4K Blu-rays (with more on the way). I always make myself paranoid that I’m overspending on this stuff, but I love it and my finances always seem to wind up fine, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go without for 3 months and you'd be saving enough for a week-long vacation abroad

Yes but then I wouldn’t have the Blu-rays

You could buy them later and have both!

NOT LIMITED EDITIONS!!!!!

_________________
tree_ wrote:
I think I'm doomed to be foreverly lost in the infinite


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Mon September 17, 2018 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 54515
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I just went back and counted, and in the last month and a half or so, I’ve purchased 38 Blu-rays/4K Blu-rays (with more on the way). I always make myself paranoid that I’m overspending on this stuff, but I love it and my finances always seem to wind up fine, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go without for 3 months and you'd be saving enough for a week-long vacation abroad

Yes but then I wouldn’t have the Blu-rays

You could buy them later and have both!

NOT LIMITED EDITIONS!!!!!

I was about to come here and lecture you about life being about the experiences, not the possessions, and to take trips instead of buy movies. But then I realized watching the movies IS THE EXPERIENCE FOR YOU. Sorry I almost did that.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Mon September 17, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25574
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I just went back and counted, and in the last month and a half or so, I’ve purchased 38 Blu-rays/4K Blu-rays (with more on the way). I always make myself paranoid that I’m overspending on this stuff, but I love it and my finances always seem to wind up fine, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go without for 3 months and you'd be saving enough for a week-long vacation abroad

Yes but then I wouldn’t have the Blu-rays

You could buy them later and have both!

NOT LIMITED EDITIONS!!!!!

I was about to come here and lecture you about life being about the experiences, not the possessions, and to take trips instead of buy movies. But then I realized watching the movies IS THE EXPERIENCE FOR YOU. Sorry I almost did that.

Spoiler: show
All Those Blu-Rays


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Mon September 17, 2018 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42082
Location: Garbage Dump
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I just went back and counted, and in the last month and a half or so, I’ve purchased 38 Blu-rays/4K Blu-rays (with more on the way). I always make myself paranoid that I’m overspending on this stuff, but I love it and my finances always seem to wind up fine, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go without for 3 months and you'd be saving enough for a week-long vacation abroad

Yes but then I wouldn’t have the Blu-rays

You could buy them later and have both!

NOT LIMITED EDITIONS!!!!!

I was about to come here and lecture you about life being about the experiences, not the possessions, and to take trips instead of buy movies. But then I realized watching the movies IS THE EXPERIENCE FOR YOU. Sorry I almost did that.

You can lecture me, my life is horrible

_________________
tree_ wrote:
I think I'm doomed to be foreverly lost in the infinite


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Thu September 20, 2018 12:03 am 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 25455
Location: the beach
house address numbers


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Thu September 20, 2018 12:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 6407
Location: A Dark Place
I despise custom curb house numbers.

Most people get them in the color of their shitty alma mater or favorite sports team.

They should be murdered.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Thu September 20, 2018 12:50 am 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 25455
Location: the beach
yeah, i didn't get those


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Thu September 20, 2018 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 6407
Location: A Dark Place
Yeah, sorry. I would guess a beach-side condo would not.

It just brought to mind a Texas hellscape with UT and A&M colors.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 8:52 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 25455
Location: the beach
guys, i bought 2 pairs of PANTS today and a new pair of birkenstocks


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 10204
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
Bought a GVF vinyl yesterday!!

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Tue October 02, 2018 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 38177
Location: Mountains
doug rr wrote:
guys, i bought 2 pairs of PANTS today and a new pair of birkenstocks

Im kind of in the mood for some new fallwear, myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 12:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 17469
Location: Illinois
Pre ordered the Pixel 3 today. My dick pics are about to be on fleek.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 12:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 61768
verb_to_trust wrote:
Pre ordered the Pixel 3 today. My dick pics are about to be on fleek.

any chance i can get some of those?

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
This is the definitive battle rap movie ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 12:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 18583
Location: Mizzou
verb_to_trust wrote:
Pre ordered the Pixel 3 today. My dick pics are about to be on fleek.


Did you get the XL or the standard? Can't decide if it worth the upgrade. Still loving my OG Pixel XL.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 1:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 17469
Location: Illinois
I got the smaller one. My wife has a 2XL and it's just too big for me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 1:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 18583
Location: Mizzou
verb_to_trust wrote:
I got the smaller one. My wife has a 2XL and it's just too big for me.


I think the screen sizes will be relatively similar between yours and my OG XL. It is plenty of screen.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 1:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 17469
Location: Illinois
You should upgrade to a the pink color. Totally great choice by Google.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: recent purchases
PostPosted: Wed October 10, 2018 1:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 10056
Location: An office full of assholes
verb_to_trust wrote:
Pre ordered the Pixel 3 today. My dick pics are about to be on fleek.

verb_to_trust wrote:
I got the smaller one.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 60  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 4:52 pm