The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 469, 470, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475 ... 481  Next
 Post subject: Re: Facebook
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 10:54 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

cutuphalfdead wrote:
reid you insufferable asshole

:comp:

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 11:01 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

run2death wrote:
Perhaps Reid hasn't worked in America in the last 20 years?

Hard work will only take you as far as capital investment group will allow.

Look, maybe I'm leaning too hard into the "hard work" aspect of happiness and fiscal comfort. Just latching on to the nice things in life and not taking your work home with you can go a long way...but still, even taking your work home with you to the extent that you are proud of what you are building for yourself and your company can contribute to an overall good life. It's not all about money. (Though it is true that if you work hard, you'll probably see more of it than if you don't work hard.)

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 11:06 pm 
The Master

washing machine wrote:
run2death wrote:

Look, maybe I'm leaning too hard into the "hard work" aspect of happiness and fiscal comfort. Just latching on to the nice things in life and not taking your work home with you can go a long way...but still, even taking your work home with you to the extent that you are proud of what you are building for yourself and your company can contribute to an overall good life. It's not all about money. (Though it is true that if you work hard, you'll probably see more of it than if you don't work hard.)

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 11:06 pm 
The Master

i’ve half-assed it to this job now making the most money in my career

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 11:12 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:

You've certainly been promoted to your level of incompetence.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 11:15 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

washing machine wrote:
run2death wrote:

I produce things that I'm proud of and have a certain quality that represents me and my name, but I don't pretend for one minute that any of that matters to the people who are only looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 11:19 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

learn to code

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 11:20 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:

You've certainly been promoted to your level of incompetence.

i’m a great worker though

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 11:25 pm 

oh thank god facebook is kind of working again.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 11:29 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

run2death wrote:
washing machine wrote:
run2death wrote:

I produce things that I'm proud of and have a certain quality that represents me and my name, but I don't pretend for one minute that any of that matters to the people who are only looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company who are looking to sell the company I work for to another investment company.

Well yeah.

Still, the fact remains that your name is attached to your work and an honest day's work in the immediate sense affects your community and co-workers/employees in a positive way.

The alternative to what you're offering is pure mom & pop unsustainability, which is morally rewarding in the short term but doesn't really net you much aside from experience. Kinda sucks when you're proud of selling kegs for a homegrown brewery but can't afford healthcare because the brewery can't pay themselves, let alone you or anyone in the taproom.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 11:53 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

You suck, Reid.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 11:57 pm 
AnalLog

Don't work harder, work smarter.

Dev wrote:
Clutch rules you dummy.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 12:00 am 
The Master

Don’t work

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 12:04 am 

steal shit and sell it on ebay

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 12:05 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Certainly don't work for corporate lackeys like Reid.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 12:27 am 
AnalLog

This guy gets it.

Dev wrote:
Clutch rules you dummy.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 1:13 am 
Worst Moderator

run2death wrote:
washing machine wrote:
run2death wrote:

I was like five lines into this, saying to myself "let's see where he's going with this" before I realized what was happening. :/

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 1:15 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

So Ruddo's a corporate shill as well.

Got it.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 1:17 am 
Worst Moderator

run2death wrote:
So Ruddo's a corporate shill as well.

Got it.

:thumbsup:

Nah, I quit my "career" last year to take a job that allowed me to do what I love. It was scary but now the best career decision I ever made.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 2:13 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I’m def a corporate shill.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 469, 470, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475 ... 481  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion