Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Cord Cutters Unit

Fri October 20, 2017 6:11 pm

washing machine wrote:
Strat wrote:
washing machine wrote:ugh

Look, i know what it is and the type of person it serves, but i fucking love it.

I actually like the Trailer Park and the Mr. Pink every now and then. They've got an interesting menu that's found a way to "reinvent" the taco, which is my main qualm with people citing Torchy's and the like as examples of what a taco is. I'm just a purist in this matter. Shouldn't take anyone more than two seconds to walk up to a taco menu and decide, nor should a taco ever be more than $2.

Taco Bell for the win

Fri October 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Strat wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Strat wrote:

Look, i know what it is and the type of person it serves, but i fucking love it.

I actually like the Trailer Park and the Mr. Pink every now and then. They've got an interesting menu that's found a way to "reinvent" the taco, which is my main qualm with people citing Torchy's and the like as examples of what a taco is. I'm just a purist in this matter. Shouldn't take anyone more than two seconds to walk up to a taco menu and decide, nor should a taco ever be more than $2.

Taco Bell for the win

Man, that menu takes me a solid five minutes to navigate these days. What happened to those guys?

Fri October 20, 2017 6:13 pm

washing machine wrote:
Strat wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Strat wrote:

Taco Bell for the win

Man, that menu takes me a solid five minutes to navigate these days. What happened to those guys?

Why are you navigating it? 2 double deckers, 2 softshells, chilito. Done.

Fri October 20, 2017 6:15 pm

Gotta try all the new shit before it goes away the next week.

Fri October 20, 2017 6:20 pm

They now have a breakfast taco where the shell is a fried egg.

And a quesadilla with fried chicken in it.

:?

Fri October 20, 2017 6:21 pm

f*ck taco bell straight to heck

Fri October 20, 2017 6:23 pm

I can tell you mean that.

Fri October 20, 2017 6:26 pm

washing machine wrote:I can tell you mean that.

it's all just inadvertent imitation

Sun October 22, 2017 11:38 am

As I was packing my cable boxes, I thought I'd do a little head-to-head and comparing A/V quality on Fios broadcast "Game of Thrones" and Amazon's HBO streaming channel pissed me off a bit. Amazon is so much better, I can't believe I waited this long to lose cable.

For those on the fence: Just do it.

Sun October 22, 2017 3:07 pm

*youll get great streaming quality if your ISP isn't throttling you. My HD content on Netflix looks awesome sometimes.

Sun October 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Cable quality is dogshit. Streaming absolutely trounces it.

Sun October 22, 2017 5:02 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Cable quality is dogshit. Streaming absolutely trounces it.

Turns out Fios was medium bitrate 1080i, Amazon’s HBO is high bitrate 1080p.

Sun October 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:Cable quality is dogshit. Streaming absolutely trounces it.

Yep, that's the norm. Amazon also has a good amount of stuff in 4K.

Sun October 22, 2017 5:26 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

Yep, that's the norm. Amazon also has a good amount of stuff in 4K.

Yup.

Tue October 31, 2017 12:27 am

I was just about to cancel my Comcast and switch my internet to CenturyLink. Like, I was within 1 minute of completing the order. Then I discovered I'm on a 2-year contact with Comcast, not a 1-year, so I can't cancel without paying an early termination fee until this summer. :gomez: :gomez: :gomez:

Tue October 31, 2017 12:50 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:I was just about to cancel my Comcast and switch my internet to CenturyLink. Like, I was within 1 minute of completing the order. Then I discovered I'm on a 2-year contact with Comcast, not a 1-year, so I can't cancel without paying an early termination fee until this summer. :gomez: :gomez: :gomez:

Has the service been less that what was advertised, regular issues, etc.? There could be an out of the contract.

Tue October 31, 2017 12:52 am

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:I was just about to cancel my Comcast and switch my internet to CenturyLink. Like, I was within 1 minute of completing the order. Then I discovered I'm on a 2-year contact with Comcast, not a 1-year, so I can't cancel without paying an early termination fee until this summer. :gomez: :gomez: :gomez:

Has the service been less that what was advertised, regular issues, etc.? There could be an out of the contract.

No, it's worked like it's supposed to. I just hate paying for it, and I hate dealing with Comcast; I called them today and it was the same nightmare it always is. I almost never watch anything on cable at this point.

Tue October 31, 2017 2:20 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

No, it's worked like it's supposed to. I just hate paying for it, and I hate dealing with Comcast; I called them today and it was the same nightmare it always is. I almost never watch anything on cable at this point.

At what point (if ever) does the carrying cost of the contrast outpace the cancellation fee?

Tue October 31, 2017 2:21 am

tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

At what point (if ever) does the carrying cost of the contrast outpace the cancellation fee?

Pretty quickly - like three months. But I really don't want to pay a $250 fee.

Tue October 31, 2017 2:25 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

Pretty quickly - like three months. But I really don't want to pay a $250 fee.

Well, it sounds like in three months it'll be a net even if you do decide to quit. Emancipation is just around the corner.
Post a reply