The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 8301
Location: An office full of assholes
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Self wrote:
Me: The fix you requested is in the release I have. But, you have to configure with node drives or you'll get a python error which kills the run.
MFG guy: Okay, can you run with this config and tell me how long it takes?
Me: Sure.

1 day later...

Me: The run took 10 hours with that config.
MFG guy: Ok. Can you run without nodes drives and see how long that takes?
Me: *makes gun out of hand and puts under chin*

oh god

lenny, can you translate this for me?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45869
Self wrote:
Me: The fix you requested is in the release I have. But, you have to configure with node drives or you'll get a python error which kills the run.
MFG guy: Okay, can you run with this config and tell me how long it takes?
Me: Sure.

1 day later...

Me: The run took 10 hours with that config.
MFG guy: Ok. Can you run without nodes drives and see how long that takes?
Me: *makes gun out of hand and puts under chin*

dude probably doesn't even know what a "try-except" block is amirite

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 7169
Location: PM me, I have everything.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Self wrote:
Me: The fix you requested is in the release I have. But, you have to configure with node drives or you'll get a python error which kills the run.
MFG guy: Okay, can you run with this config and tell me how long it takes?
Me: Sure.

1 day later...

Me: The run took 10 hours with that config.
MFG guy: Ok. Can you run without nodes drives and see how long that takes?
Me: *makes gun out of hand and puts under chin*

dude probably doesn't even know what a "try-except" block is amirite

No. I would say he doesn't. Though I am impressed that with your response, Ruddo. You are a many of many talents.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 40539
Chris_H_2 wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Self wrote:
Me: The fix you requested is in the release I have. But, you have to configure with node drives or you'll get a python error which kills the run.
MFG guy: Okay, can you run with this config and tell me how long it takes?
Me: Sure.

1 day later...

Me: The run took 10 hours with that config.
MFG guy: Ok. Can you run without nodes drives and see how long that takes?
Me: *makes gun out of hand and puts under chin*

oh god

lenny, can you translate this for me?

python errors are a real b*tch

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 3:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45869
Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Self wrote:
Me: The fix you requested is in the release I have. But, you have to configure with node drives or you'll get a python error which kills the run.
MFG guy: Okay, can you run with this config and tell me how long it takes?
Me: Sure.

1 day later...

Me: The run took 10 hours with that config.
MFG guy: Ok. Can you run without nodes drives and see how long that takes?
Me: *makes gun out of hand and puts under chin*

dude probably doesn't even know what a "try-except" block is amirite

No. I would say he doesn't. Though I am impressed that with your response, Ruddo. You are a many of many talents.

Google is a hell of a thing

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 7169
Location: PM me, I have everything.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Self wrote:
Me: The fix you requested is in the release I have. But, you have to configure with node drives or you'll get a python error which kills the run.
MFG guy: Okay, can you run with this config and tell me how long it takes?
Me: Sure.

1 day later...

Me: The run took 10 hours with that config.
MFG guy: Ok. Can you run without nodes drives and see how long that takes?
Me: *makes gun out of hand and puts under chin*

dude probably doesn't even know what a "try-except" block is amirite

No. I would say he doesn't. Though I am impressed that with your response, Ruddo. You are a many of many talents.

Google is a hell of a thing

It will be the end of civilization as we know it and I can't wait.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45869
Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Self wrote:
Me: The fix you requested is in the release I have. But, you have to configure with node drives or you'll get a python error which kills the run.
MFG guy: Okay, can you run with this config and tell me how long it takes?
Me: Sure.

1 day later...

Me: The run took 10 hours with that config.
MFG guy: Ok. Can you run without nodes drives and see how long that takes?
Me: *makes gun out of hand and puts under chin*

dude probably doesn't even know what a "try-except" block is amirite

No. I would say he doesn't. Though I am impressed that with your response, Ruddo. You are a many of many talents.

Google is a hell of a thing

It will be the end of civilization as we know it and I can't wait.

Will you help me protect Tom Brady when it happens?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 17761
my coworkers constantly harrass me about not being friendly enough. then I stop and talk to them and it's awkward!

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Dev thinks that his philosophical rants make sense and are easily followable and logical.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 40539
Dev wrote:
my coworkers constantly harrass me about not being friendly enough. then I stop and talk to them and it's awkward!

tell the hot chick about it, maybe she'll hug you

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 17761
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
my coworkers constantly harrass me about not being friendly enough. then I stop and talk to them and it's awkward!

tell the hot chick about it, maybe she'll hug you

she is by far the easiest to talk to.

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Dev thinks that his philosophical rants make sense and are easily followable and logical.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 3657
Location: Washington State
Dev wrote:
my coworkers constantly harrass me about not being friendly enough. then I stop and talk to them and it's awkward!

You too, huh. I'm starting to really hate this office. There's a position here in the same building the opened up but it's hard to work up the urge to apply when your boss straight up said he won't recommend you for any position.

Of course, saying a few minutes later that he wants me to succeed and to be happy in what I do...I don't know wtf he actually means.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 13987
Location: Lft Craquepeau
bune wrote:
Dev wrote:
my coworkers constantly harrass me about not being friendly enough. then I stop and talk to them and it's awkward!

You too, huh. I'm starting to really hate this office. There's a position here in the same building the opened up but it's hard to work up the urge to apply when your boss straight up said he won't recommend you for any position.

Of course, saying a few minutes later that he wants me to succeed and to be happy in what I do...I don't know wtf he actually means.

You're doing all of his work.

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 8:44 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu April 21, 2016 12:19 am
Posts: 2739
Co-worker that demeans everyone and doesn’t play well with others is now sending out invites to his wedding.

AYFKM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 3657
Location: Washington State
So an ex-coworker (she retired) brought some chocolate-covered peanut butter balls in for the holidays. A lady just walked in looked at them and said, "OMG, those are sweaty balls!" I could only look on in wonder.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 2:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 4865
bunch of selfish d*cks

_________________
#FreeDev


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 4:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 12345
Location: Illinois
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
Co-worker that demeans everyone and doesn’t play well with others is now sending out invites to his wedding.

AYFKM


I'm not inviting anyone from work to my wedding.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 4:47 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu April 21, 2016 12:19 am
Posts: 2739
verb_to_trust wrote:
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
Co-worker that demeans everyone and doesn’t play well with others is now sending out invites to his wedding.

AYFKM


I'm not inviting anyone from work to my wedding.

Why not? I would. What I wouldn’t do is go around making it melodramatic and stating that the person was invited because they’ve “earned it.”


LOL holy shit my coworker is a class A douche nozzle.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4144
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
More of a Things Your Clients Do.
The very first sentence of the confirmation email we sent to clients is "Please do not reply to this email as it is sent from an outbound box only." It's even in bold. Yet you would be surprised how many people reply anyway.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 6:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 9404
Location: Where everybody knows your name
bune wrote:
So an ex-coworker (she retired) brought some chocolate-covered peanut butter balls in for the holidays. A lady just walked in looked at them and said, "OMG, those are sweaty balls!" I could only look on in wonder.

Was she spoofing the Alec Baldwin SNL skit, Schweddy Balls?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things Your Coworkers Say
PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 8037
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
More of a Things Your Clients Do.
The very first sentence of the confirmation email we sent to clients is "Please do not reply to this email as it is sent from an outbound box only." It's even in bold. Yet you would be surprised how many people reply anyway.

So these mailboxes are monitored....

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon January 22, 2018 7:51 am