The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Honest question about anniversary gift
PostPosted: Mon December 15, 2014 7:46 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

nah wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Every kiss begins with Kay

*every blow job begins with kay

Classic.

PostPosted: Mon December 15, 2014 7:50 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

One of my favorite stories about jewelry shopping was from a few years ago when my best friend was shopping for an engagement ring. His now-wife wasn't into the whole diamond thing, and had hinted at some of her favorite stones. There's a store in town that specializes in old vintage rings, which was right up her alley. So I went with him to check them out (I had just done my ring shopping about 6 months prior). The store had vintage rings you could buy, or if you really wanted to do something, they could design you a ring from scratch (referencing any pictures you wanted to match, or give them full artistic freedom). He shopped around for a little while in the store, finally picked out a really nice stone, and spoke with their lead designer about crafting a new ring with some vintage flair... got it down to what kind of metals, etc etc.

I had no idea what to expect for price, and neither did he. He was worried though, bc he didn't have a big budget at all. The salesmen went back to crunch the numbers, and we sat up front twiddling our fingers, and he was in a bit of a nervous sweat. The salesmen came back, went over all the details about what stone and size he wanted and all the details of the custom ring. Then he gave the total for the whole thing: $23

Apparently he unexpectedly picked out the cheapest materials.

He bought it without any negotiating.

PostPosted: Mon December 15, 2014 7:52 pm 
AnalLog

bodysnatcher wrote:
One of my favorite stories about jewelry shopping was from a few years ago when my best friend was shopping for an engagement ring. His now-wife wasn't into the whole diamond thing, and had hinted at some of her favorite stones. There's a store in town that specializes in old vintage rings, which was right up her alley. So I went with him to check them out (I had just done my ring shopping about 6 months prior). The store had vintage rings you could buy, or if you really wanted to do something, they could design you a ring from scratch (referencing any pictures you wanted to match, or give them full artistic freedom). He shopped around for a little while in the store, finally picked out a really nice stone, and spoke with their lead designer about crafting a new ring with some vintage flair... got it down to what kind of metals, etc etc.

I had no idea what to expect for price, and neither did he. He was worried though, bc he didn't have a big budget at all. The salesmen went back to crunch the numbers, and we sat up front twiddling our fingers, and he was in a bit of a nervous sweat. The salesmen came back, went over all the details about what stone and size he wanted and all the details of the custom ring. Then he gave the total for the whole thing: $23

how many jewelry shopping stories do you have that this isn't thee favorite??

PostPosted: Mon December 15, 2014 7:54 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

nah wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

Considering my dad, dad-in-law, and my bro... there's at least a handful

PostPosted: Mon December 15, 2014 7:55 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

nah wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

My friend just proposed to his girlfriend this past saturday. He bought her ring 2 weeks ago, and totally guessed on the size bc he wanted it to be a surprise. He got her a size 10, and it was too big for her thumb

PostPosted: Mon December 15, 2014 7:55 pm 
The Master

Does his wife know how much it cost and did she care?

PostPosted: Mon December 15, 2014 7:56 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Strat wrote:
Does his wife know how much it cost and did she care?

Yeah she knows and doesn't care at all, she's cool like that. She doesn't even wear it bc she doesn't want to feel "flashy" :haha:

PostPosted: Mon December 15, 2014 7:57 pm 
The Master

I love her.

Also, link me up to the store. Kthanks

PostPosted: Mon December 15, 2014 7:59 pm 
AnalLog

bodysnatcher wrote:
nah wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

Considering my dad, dad-in-law, and my bro... there's at least a handful

do you ever get home after buying tampons and say 'wait, i don't have a vagina, do i?'

PostPosted: Mon December 15, 2014 8:00 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

No bc I put them in my butt just in case I have bad diarrhea that day

PostPosted: Mon December 15, 2014 8:00 pm 
AnalLog

bodysnatcher wrote:
nah wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

My friend just proposed to his girlfriend this past saturday. He bought her ring 2 weeks ago, and totally guessed on the size bc he wanted it to be a surprise. He got her a size 10, and it was too big for her thumb

he views her as being fat. is she fat?

PostPosted: Mon December 15, 2014 8:01 pm 

bodysnatcher wrote:

Does this work? I have a friend who wants to know.

PostPosted: Mon December 15, 2014 8:02 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

tommymtcom wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

to be honest, they're a little tough to get out and sometimes I have fuzzy poops

PostPosted: Mon December 15, 2014 8:03 pm 
AnalLog

tommymtcom wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

fyi you leave the plastic applicator inside too

PostPosted: Mon December 15, 2014 8:03 pm 
AnalLog

you ever load bullets into a clip?

PostPosted: Tue December 16, 2014 8:16 pm 
Worst Moderator

My anniversary is Christmas Eve and I have no idea what I am going to get my wife.

PostPosted: Tue December 16, 2014 8:17 pm 

Which anniversary? They all have assigned gifts, don't they?

PostPosted: Tue December 16, 2014 8:20 pm 
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Anniversary gifts are for suckers.

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Tue December 16, 2014 8:24 pm 
post-structuralist

LoathedVermin72 wrote:

there's nothing wrong with getting your spouse something nice to mark an anniversary

people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Tue December 16, 2014 8:31 pm 
The Master
 WWW  Profile

malice wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

there's nothing wrong with getting your spouse something nice to mark an anniversary

Sure. Nothing wrong with getting them something nice for "Sweetest Day" either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion