The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17724
Location: Seattle, WA
would you guys live in a hotel?

my friend sent me a listing for a 1bd/1ba for shits and giggles, on the 26th floor of a hotel, which i guess has reserved certain floors for residential. but it comes with all the hotel amenities (which i'm sure are extra): concierge, room service, housekeeping, spa, fitness center, pool

but you're living in a typical hotel-size room.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 9:14 pm 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 21654
Location: the beach
bodysnatcher wrote:
would you guys live in a hotel?

my friend sent me a listing for a 1bd/1ba for shits and giggles, on the 26th floor of a hotel, which i guess has reserved certain floors for residential. but it comes with all the hotel amenities (which i'm sure are extra): concierge, room service, housekeeping, spa, fitness center, pool

but you're living in a typical hotel-size room.


how big is the room and is there a full kitchen?

we owned a place in miami beach for a few years that was half residential and half hotel..We went down there a lot and enjoyed it but then they started cracking down on airbnb rentals at the time we moved to california from ny so we sold it


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17724
Location: Seattle, WA
doug rr wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
would you guys live in a hotel?

my friend sent me a listing for a 1bd/1ba for shits and giggles, on the 26th floor of a hotel, which i guess has reserved certain floors for residential. but it comes with all the hotel amenities (which i'm sure are extra): concierge, room service, housekeeping, spa, fitness center, pool

but you're living in a typical hotel-size room.


how big is the room and is there a full kitchen?

we owned a place in miami beach for a few years that was half residential and half hotel..We went down there a lot and enjoyed it but then they started cracking down on airbnb rentals at the time we moved to california from ny so we sold it


It could be yours for a cool $850k!

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 9:19 pm 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 21654
Location: the beach
thats a studio with a wall..450 sq ft maybe..ha whats the monthly HOA?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17724
Location: Seattle, WA
doug rr wrote:
thats a studio with a wall..450 sq ft maybe..ha whats the monthly HOA?


no idea. probably based on sqft. doesn't give an exact sqft, but i can't imagine it's more than 500. a recent unit in the same building sold via Redfin for a cool $1.9m that was 2br/2ba, and the HOA was $968/month :haha:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17724
Location: Seattle, WA
that cabinet on the wall above the counter looks very annoying to try and get things in and out of


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 32414
Location: Buenos Aires
bodysnatcher wrote:
would you guys live in a hotel?

my friend sent me a listing for a 1bd/1ba for shits and giggles, on the 26th floor of a hotel, which i guess has reserved certain floors for residential. but it comes with all the hotel amenities (which i'm sure are extra): concierge, room service, housekeeping, spa, fitness center, pool

but you're living in a typical hotel-size room.

Yes

_________________
Go vote in the pop-punk tournament!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 50923
A lot of high rise condos in cities have all of those amenities, also

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 33708
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Do it!

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 9:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17724
Location: Seattle, WA
not really interested in living on the 26th floor of a building that sits directly on top of a massive fault line


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 9:36 pm 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 21654
Location: the beach
bodysnatcher wrote:
doug rr wrote:
thats a studio with a wall..450 sq ft maybe..ha whats the monthly HOA?


no idea. probably based on sqft. doesn't give an exact sqft, but i can't imagine it's more than 500. a recent unit in the same building sold via Redfin for a cool $1.9m that was 2br/2ba, and the HOA was $968/month :haha:


are your property taxes as high as california?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17724
Location: Seattle, WA
doug rr wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
doug rr wrote:
thats a studio with a wall..450 sq ft maybe..ha whats the monthly HOA?


no idea. probably based on sqft. doesn't give an exact sqft, but i can't imagine it's more than 500. a recent unit in the same building sold via Redfin for a cool $1.9m that was 2br/2ba, and the HOA was $968/month :haha:


are your property taxes as high as california?


we're sitting at about 1.025%, based on the county and city's assessed value of the property. but since we don't have a state income tax, EVERY measure that gets voted on is another addition to property tax, bc it's the only thing they have to milk. so it goes up and up every year bc of dumbass initiatives that citizens have been voting for over the past 10 years.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 11:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 50755
should i kill myself?

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 32414
Location: Buenos Aires
More like thrill yourself

_________________
Go vote in the pop-punk tournament!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 50755
theplatypus wrote:
More like thrill yourself

the timing feels right

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 65883
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
More like thrill yourself

the timing feels right

But eventually that won't matter


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 50755
durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
More like thrill yourself

the timing feels right

But eventually that won't matter

for who?

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 11:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 65883
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
More like thrill yourself

the timing feels right

But eventually that won't matter

for who?

That person in Newport News.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 32414
Location: Buenos Aires
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
More like thrill yourself

the timing feels right

What do you mean?

_________________
Go vote in the pop-punk tournament!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Wed August 01, 2018 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 5457
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
Hey RM, have you ever had Turkish bread?

do you mean pita bread?

Is it just another name for pita bread?

No one will ever know!

I’m hungry for lunch tomorrow already.

Gyro time!


The Pita Pit is further than I think I can go for lunch today. Dammit.

Shhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt!!!!!

Disappointed the Nth degree. Maybe the grocery store has made to go pitas. Crisis Wednesday!

I think you mean the Naanth degree.

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1660 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri September 21, 2018 8:14 am