The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 74  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 16688
Location: Seattle, WA
malice wrote:
she's more likely to hang a quote from Oprah on her wall


I don't know you or your sister, but this description encapsulates a certain person so well that I know exactly who you are talking about


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
post-structuralist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:22 pm
Posts: 15563
Location: faked by jorge
bodysnatcher wrote:
malice wrote:
she's more likely to hang a quote from Oprah on her wall


I don't know you or your sister, but this description encapsulates a certain person so well that I know exactly who you are talking about

haha. she's a big fan of the a&e shows like real housewives of New Jersey, too

_________________
Dev wrote:
you're delusional. you are a sad sad person. fuck off. you're mentally ill beyond repair. i don't need your shit. dissapear.

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49973
bodysnatcher wrote:
Dress up as Thomas Jefferson but put airplane wings on your arms and say you're Jefferson Airplane

I just might do this, lol

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
post-structuralist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:22 pm
Posts: 15563
Location: faked by jorge
:|

_________________
Dev wrote:
you're delusional. you are a sad sad person. fuck off. you're mentally ill beyond repair. i don't need your shit. dissapear.

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 6:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49973
malice wrote:
:|

A giant square board might be hard to navigate around in, mary. It is a good idea, but this is in someone's house, and a lot of up close talking, etc.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 31197
Location: gone fishin'
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Dress up as Thomas Jefferson but put airplane wings on your arms and say you're Jefferson Airplane

I just might do this, lol

It's a great idea

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 49554
god bless bodysnatcher

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 50398
Location: Sector 7-G
bodysnatcher for mod


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 49554
bodysnatcher for god

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
post-structuralist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:22 pm
Posts: 15563
Location: faked by jorge
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
malice wrote:
:|

A giant square board might be hard to navigate around in, mary. It is a good idea, but this is in someone's house, and a lot of up close talking, etc.

accepted

_________________
Dev wrote:
you're delusional. you are a sad sad person. fuck off. you're mentally ill beyond repair. i don't need your shit. dissapear.

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Fri January 12, 2018 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 7627
yes could impede late night incidental crowded hallway groping

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2018 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 31197
Location: gone fishin'
I sent a Christmas gift for a friend through Amazon and the order status says Delivered ("it was handed directly to a resident") but my friend doesn't have it nor does her roommate. The neighbors claim to not know anything about a package. Did someone just... steal it? Do I contact Amazon and tell them to send it again?

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2018 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6132
Location: Oslo, Norway
Yes, ask Amazon about it. Say your friend never received the package.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Tue January 16, 2018 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 16688
Location: Seattle, WA
theplatypus wrote:
I sent a Christmas gift for a friend through Amazon and the order status says Delivered ("it was handed directly to a resident") but my friend doesn't have it nor does her roommate. The neighbors claim to not know anything about a package. Did someone just... steal it? Do I contact Amazon and tell them to send it again?


yeah, contact Amazon. i've often had items resent, or refunded.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Tue January 30, 2018 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 31197
Location: gone fishin'
How do you pronounce the word "ugh"?

Recently I've heard people say it like "uggg".

But all my life I've read it like

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Tue January 30, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 8987
Location: Space City
Neither way for me. I pronounce it like that sound clip but without the phlegmy digraph at the end. Like "uhh" but more abrupt and to the point.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Tue January 30, 2018 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 16688
Location: Seattle, WA
Flash is blocked on my computer. I can't hear your sexy ugh.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Tue January 30, 2018 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 31197
Location: gone fishin'
washing machine wrote:
Neither way for me. I pronounce it like that sound clip but without the phlegmy digraph at the end. Like "uhh" but more abrupt and to the point.

As long as there is no audible G, I consider that the correct pronunciation. Phlegm is optional

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Tue January 30, 2018 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 35951
Definitely audible g. Like the brand Ugg

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
Life is a confusing, horrifying nightmare that only ends in death. There is no hope.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask RM
PostPosted: Tue January 30, 2018 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6132
Location: Oslo, Norway
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Definitely audible g. Like the brand Ugg

Agreed. :thumbsup:


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 74  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri July 20, 2018 9:02 am