The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2062 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 104  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Depression Thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 11:00 pm 
The Master

Dev wrote:
I am still available for Skype sessions. 20$ Canadian. Real help.

with my upcoming demotion at work i cannot afford that

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 11:03 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i love you lenny..ill pay it

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 11:04 pm 
The Master

doug rr wrote:

that's okay...i love u too

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 11:05 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
doug rr wrote:

Fear is the lock and laughter the key to your heart

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 11:09 pm 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
doug rr wrote:

Fear is the lock and laughter the key to your heart

heh

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 11:20 pm 
Rank This Poster

ive been having a really hard time dealing with deaths and feel even more like an emotional cripple that i normally am.

you kind of expect your grandmother to pass (she was 91) but it still hurt and i clammed up.

my father passed away and while that was a little easier as i just pretended he was still in california (he had moved back here and lived for about 9 months before passing away in his sleep)

my mother i extended her life by recognizing she was having issues and gave her no choice when i took her to her the hospital (she was in the final stages of kidney failure and most of her organs were shutting down) and while she was recovering thanked me for saving her life (that is really a type of pressure/compliment that is hard to digest, least for me). a few weeks later she had a relapse and pretty much watched her body shut down and look at me without an ounce of awareness in her eyes. she passed a few days later after we made the decision to remover her from life support

i had returned from vacation from my sister and brother in laws for about a week and a half when my niece called to say she found her mother slumped over at her desk at work (a week later they pulled the plug as she had an aneuryism and had almost 0 signs of brain activity)

just this past weekend i went to my aunts mothers viewing. ive known these people and her and her husband have treated me like one of their own and i could barely look her husband in the eye to say anything so i just stayed off to the side

my stepfather has lived a very long life 88+ years and he is getting to the point that he wants to start clearing out his basement (that he and my mom shared) to get rid of things. when he goes i will pretty much be an empty vessel of expressiveless emotion

im thinking about contacting my dr to go back on lexapro to see if helps me from not dwelling on these facts of life. there are times that just dont feel like leaving the house or times when im on the treadmill and just become so overwrought with emotion that my eyes well up and i have to wipe my face several times to wipe away the tears

it really is paralyzing what fear and anxiety can do to a person

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 11:54 pm 
The Master

man i'm sorry to hear that peeps - i can't imagine how that feels...if i had family members die i think i'd react similarly...is all of this somewhat recent?

i'm back on lexapro too, not sure if it worked for me before but we'll see

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 11:56 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

I wish I was still 20 and oblivious. I think about the health of my parents all the time so I get that Peeps. My fiance is always talking about moving someplace warm (it was 90 here today) and I don't think she gets that would mean seeing close family only a handful more times before they die. It's too fucked up to even consider in my opinion. I have lunch every Monday and Thursday with my mom and I'm going to be able to take that with me when she passes someday.

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 11:58 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
I wish I was still 20 and oblivious. I think about the health of my parents all the time so I get that Peeps. My fiance is always talking about moving someplace warm (it was 90 here today) and I don't think she gets that would mean seeing close family only a handful more times before they die. It's too fucked up to even consider in my opinion. I have lunch every Monday and Thursday with my mom and I'm going to be able to take that with me when she passes someday.

what's bothering me lately is my parents have been helping me a lot the last few months, which is a good thing...but i know they won't be here forever and as they age i'm going to have to help take care of them...hopefully i will have myself straightened out enough to do that

PostPosted: Tue July 11, 2017 12:09 am 
Rank This Poster

gram i believe was in 2006, dad 2008, mom 2012, sister in 2015

PostPosted: Tue July 11, 2017 12:10 am 
Rank This Poster

verb_to_trust wrote:

i give you shit for your crappy hatred of bron and wade but you fucking enjoy the hell out all those lunches and be a good son and let her supersize once in a while

PostPosted: Tue July 11, 2017 12:56 am 
The Master

Peeps wrote:

i love you, peeps

PostPosted: Tue July 11, 2017 1:03 am 
post-structuralist

Peeps wrote:

it's been nearly 40 years since my mom died and i still find myself getting teary eyed sometimes. I don't think it ever goes away, obviously, but i think over the years ive gotten a lot of satisfaction from trying to remember my favorite things about her. And i don't try to stifle my feelings or reactions i have related to her, ever. As ive aged I've tried to reap whatever happiness i could from having her in my life for my childhood and learning what i could about her from my family members. (I had no real reason to post that but felt like mentioning it)

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Tue July 11, 2017 1:15 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

malice wrote:
Peeps wrote:

it's been nearly 40 years since my mom died and i still find myself getting teary eyed sometimes. I don't think it ever goes away, obviously, but i think over the years ive gotten a lot of satisfaction from trying to remember my favorite things about her. And i don't try to stifle my feelings or reactions i have related to her, ever. As ive aged I've tried to reap whatever happiness i could from having her in my life for my childhood and learning what i could about her from my family members. (I had no real reason to post that but felt like mentioning it)

we're just glad you're here again to yell at us

PostPosted: Tue July 11, 2017 1:22 am 
post-structuralist

doug rr wrote:
malice wrote:
Peeps wrote:

I really only yell at dev

people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Tue July 11, 2017 1:33 am 
The Master

malice wrote:
doug rr wrote:
malice wrote:
Peeps wrote:

and me

PostPosted: Tue July 11, 2017 2:17 am 
post-structuralist

malice wrote:
doug rr wrote:
malice wrote:
Peeps wrote:

and me

I don't yell at you, i speak forcefully in order to underscore the sincerity of my intent.

PostPosted: Tue July 11, 2017 2:21 am 
The Master

malice wrote:
malice wrote:
doug rr wrote:
malice wrote:
Peeps wrote:

and me

I don't yell at you, i speak forcefully in order to underscore the sincerity of my intent.

i love you, mary

PostPosted: Tue July 11, 2017 2:23 am 
post-structuralist

malice wrote:
malice wrote:
doug rr wrote:
malice wrote:
Peeps wrote:

and me

i love you, mary

back atcha, david

PostPosted: Tue July 11, 2017 2:28 am 
Looks Like a Cat

$20 CAD is only like $15.50 USD, ftr. That's a good deal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2062 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 104  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion