The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » This gene pool drowning me » Garbage Dump




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Fri September 11, 2020 2:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
Whlie i understand some here might have some real intense depression and mental illness impacting their lives right now.....

I think im at a 6 of 10 right now.

I am completely at my emotional limit. With work, with life, with personal relationships.

Im constantly on the edge of tears and anger towards clients and have little to no interest in connecting with my friends. The lack of desire with connecting with friends has more to do with sheltering in place and protecting my energy levels - though i understand and respect that connecting with my friends is probably exactly what I need outside of work hours.

Otherwise - I need this work load to end. There is no end in sight.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Fri September 11, 2020 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 67235
on the plus side - you’re getting paid!

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 12:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
on the plus side - you’re getting paid!

I am. I make a lot o money with the more work I do. Thats good and i remind myself of that.

There needs to be a light at the end of the tunnel and with no ability to travel or take time off anytime soon....its all so overwhelming.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 12:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 67235
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
on the plus side - you’re getting paid!

I am. I make a lot o money with the more work I do. Thats good and i remind myself of that.

There needs to be a light at the end of the tunnel and with no ability to travel or take time off anytime soon....its all so overwhelming.

i get it...maybe just focus on saving up for a really big trip in the meantime?

or just join those of us who have accepted that rm is our only escape...

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 12:21 am 
Offline
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 15879
Location: I am taking care of some ducks
Keep your eye on the prize. There are better things waiting for you on the other side of this mountain. You'll get there. Keep your eye on the prize...

Spoiler: show
Image

_________________
a sweet boy with a friendly disposition and a good sense of humor


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 12:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
on the plus side - you’re getting paid!

I am. I make a lot o money with the more work I do. Thats good and i remind myself of that.

There needs to be a light at the end of the tunnel and with no ability to travel or take time off anytime soon....its all so overwhelming.

i get it...maybe just focus on saving up for a really big trip in the meantime?

or just join those of us who have accepted that rm is our only escape...

RM4eva

I have made enough money the past 6 months where i could probably just walk away from my work for the net year and go on some sort of vision quest sabbatical. Too bad I can't travel. Though my neighbor said their friends made it to bora, bora. Wanna come with, lenny?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 12:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
The Argonaut wrote:
Keep your eye on the prize. There are better things waiting for you on the other side of this mountain. You'll get there. Keep your eye on the prize...

Spoiler: show
Image

Those eyes!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 12:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 6277
well, i used to love this show

whats that tell you?



_________________
doug rr wrote:
i was busy grilling meat...i'll try to keep up..i could use some help from you cunts when its busy though


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 24824
Location: Illinois
Strat wrote:

Otherwise - I need this work load to end. There is no end in sight.


I'll take your load


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 1:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
verb_to_trust wrote:
Strat wrote:

Otherwise - I need this work load to end. There is no end in sight.


I'll take your load

I AM NOT A PIECE OF MEAT


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 1:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 67235
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
on the plus side - you’re getting paid!

I am. I make a lot o money with the more work I do. Thats good and i remind myself of that.

There needs to be a light at the end of the tunnel and with no ability to travel or take time off anytime soon....its all so overwhelming.

i get it...maybe just focus on saving up for a really big trip in the meantime?

or just join those of us who have accepted that rm is our only escape...

RM4eva

I have made enough money the past 6 months where i could probably just walk away from my work for the net year and go on some sort of vision quest sabbatical. Too bad I can't travel. Though my neighbor said their friends made it to bora, bora. Wanna come with, lenny?

ok but i may die

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 1:27 am 
Offline
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 15879
Location: I am taking care of some ducks
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
on the plus side - you’re getting paid!

I am. I make a lot o money with the more work I do. Thats good and i remind myself of that.

There needs to be a light at the end of the tunnel and with no ability to travel or take time off anytime soon....its all so overwhelming.

i get it...maybe just focus on saving up for a really big trip in the meantime?

or just join those of us who have accepted that rm is our only escape...

RM4eva

I have made enough money the past 6 months where i could probably just walk away from my work for the net year and go on some sort of vision quest sabbatical. Too bad I can't travel. Though my neighbor said their friends made it to bora, bora. Wanna come with, lenny?

I'm a big proponent of taking long sabbaticals in order to travel or work on a personal project or do whatever you want to do. I think that is as worthy of a thing to save up for as just about anything else, if one can pull it. Especially if you have the security of knowing that there is an income stream waiting for you to come back to at the end of this period, it sounds amazing. There's also the concern about maintaining affordable health insurance, but that's workable (kind of). It's really sad long vacations are so rare. People taking even a month off is a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

_________________
a sweet boy with a friendly disposition and a good sense of humor


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 1:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 67235
taking more than three days off in a row is a rarity for me

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 1:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
The Argonaut wrote:
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
on the plus side - you’re getting paid!

I am. I make a lot o money with the more work I do. Thats good and i remind myself of that.

There needs to be a light at the end of the tunnel and with no ability to travel or take time off anytime soon....its all so overwhelming.

i get it...maybe just focus on saving up for a really big trip in the meantime?

or just join those of us who have accepted that rm is our only escape...

RM4eva

I have made enough money the past 6 months where i could probably just walk away from my work for the net year and go on some sort of vision quest sabbatical. Too bad I can't travel. Though my neighbor said their friends made it to bora, bora. Wanna come with, lenny?

I'm a big proponent of taking long sabbaticals in order to travel or work on a personal project or do whatever you want to do. I think that is as worthy of a thing to save up for as just about anything else, if one can pull it. Especially if you have the security of knowing that there is an income stream waiting for you to come back to at the end of this period, it sounds amazing. There's also the concern about maintaining affordable health insurance, but that's workable (kind of). It's really sad long vacations are so rare. People taking even a month off is a once-in-a-lifetime thing.


Though, more common in European countries. This is why I want to start heading towards that world.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 1:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 67235
some people i know went to germany last year and posted some pics on facebook and my goodness it looked gorgeous so let's go to germany

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 1:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
some people i know went to germany last year and posted some pics on facebook and my goodness it looked gorgeous so let's go to germany

Im gonna be moving to glasgow, scotland though. But from there we can travel cheaply to other countries such as germany. Americans have it all wrong, len.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 1:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 67235
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
some people i know went to germany last year and posted some pics on facebook and my goodness it looked gorgeous so let's go to germany

Im gonna be moving to glasgow, scotland though. But from there we can travel cheaply to other countries such as germany. Americans have it all wrong, len.

ok...let's aim for germany in 2029

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
some people i know went to germany last year and posted some pics on facebook and my goodness it looked gorgeous so let's go to germany

Im gonna be moving to glasgow, scotland though. But from there we can travel cheaply to other countries such as germany. Americans have it all wrong, len.

ok...let's aim for germany in 2029

I'm thinking more april 2021


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 1:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 67235
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
some people i know went to germany last year and posted some pics on facebook and my goodness it looked gorgeous so let's go to germany

Im gonna be moving to glasgow, scotland though. But from there we can travel cheaply to other countries such as germany. Americans have it all wrong, len.

ok...let's aim for germany in 2029

I'm thinking more april 2021

we need time to plan this, and i'll need at least 5 years to get comfortable with the idea of traveling with an rmer

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
some people i know went to germany last year and posted some pics on facebook and my goodness it looked gorgeous so let's go to germany

Im gonna be moving to glasgow, scotland though. But from there we can travel cheaply to other countries such as germany. Americans have it all wrong, len.

ok...let's aim for germany in 2029

I'm thinking more april 2021

we need time to plan this, and i'll need at least 5 years to get comfortable with the idea of traveling with an rmer

Im very kind and very amenable when it comes to traveling with others.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107  Next

Board index » This gene pool drowning me » Garbage Dump


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu September 24, 2020 12:16 pm