The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 117  Next
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:38 pm 
The Master

JuanHamm wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
seriously though, i’m ready to die

At least come kayaking with me before you die

will do

PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:40 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

JuanHamm wrote:

will do

rank what you want to do before you die

PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:42 pm 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:

will do

rank what you want to do before you die

kayak nude with tommy
make a hole in one
mod balki
cobb salad

PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:43 pm 
Rank This Poster

Peeps wrote:
i dont think the RM servers could handle all my psychosis

give it a try

maybe later balki

PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:44 pm 
The Master

Peeps wrote:
Peeps wrote:
i dont think the RM servers could handle all my psychosis

give it a try

maybe later balki

I understand

PostPosted: Sat June 16, 2018 5:38 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I'm pretty depressed these days.

PostPosted: Sat June 16, 2018 6:09 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

haha

PostPosted: Sat June 16, 2018 3:23 pm 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
haha

it's not funny

PostPosted: Sat June 16, 2018 4:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
haha

why?

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 7:23 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I don't know where to really put this but it kind of applies here because I can't stop thinking what a terrible no good decision I made.

I had the opportunity to see my new office before I accepted this position and I didn't even think about it, I was so blinded by the prospect of working three miles from home. I should have looked though. I should have looked and seen that this office is 12 x 24 and has two other people sitting in it, one of whom is a loud talker (and loud breather, if we're going there). If I had seen this, I would have told the guy to not even bother calling me, the answer is no. But I didn't. So now I'm here. The loud talker is out of the office working from home three days a week but when he's in the office he has three to four hours of meetings on the phone each day and I feel like I'm going to end him at some point.

The worst part is that my wife and son both love the fact that I'm here. My wife can see me for lunch and my son likes that I'm home sooner. So I guess that's a good thing? I think about doing five years here (my son has 8th-12th grade still yet) and I can't even fathom it. Five years where I sit and wonder if LB is going to get a new job? I feel like I've shot myself not in the foot here but in a major organ and I'm losing blood.

I'm at 15 years working towards retirement so it's not like I can just up and leave either. I don't know what kind of mental trick I need to do to make my brain stop thinking like this and instead focus on something else. I'm barely sleeping, barely eating...I finally found a shrink that I hope can prescribe something because I am so tired of this.

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 7:25 pm 
The Master

i’m sorry bune

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 7:27 pm 
The Master

bune wrote:
I don't know where to really put this but it kind of applies here because I can't stop thinking what a terrible no good decision I made.

I had the opportunity to see my new office before I accepted this position and I didn't even think about it, I was so blinded by the prospect of working three miles from home. I should have looked though. I should have looked and seen that this office is 12 x 24 and has two other people sitting in it, one of whom is a loud talker (and loud breather, if we're going there). If I had seen this, I would have told the guy to not even bother calling me, the answer is no. But I didn't. So now I'm here. The loud talker is out of the office working from home three days a week but when he's in the office he has three to four hours of meetings on the phone each day and I feel like I'm going to end him at some point.

The worst part is that my wife and son both love the fact that I'm here. My wife can see me for lunch and my son likes that I'm home sooner. So I guess that's a good thing? I think about doing five years here (my son has 8th-12th grade still yet) and I can't even fathom it. Five years where I sit and wonder if LB is going to get a new job? I feel like I've shot myself not in the foot here but in a major organ and I'm losing blood.

I'm at 15 years working towards retirement so it's not like I can just up and leave either. I don't know what kind of mental trick I need to do to make my brain stop thinking like this and instead focus on something else. I'm barely sleeping, barely eating...I finally found a shrink that I hope can prescribe something because I am so tired of this.

Why can't you leave?

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 7:30 pm 
Rank This Poster

Don't stay in a job you hate, bune.

That's death.

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 7:30 pm 
Future Drummer

bune wrote:

This is awful. Do you have misophonia?

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 7:33 pm 
The Master

run2death wrote:

That's death.

Yea. Im assuming, maybe incorrectly, that you had other options before grabbing this job. Its never too early to back out and you can always reach out to others again. You already seem to be struggling with some depression as it were and staying at a place like this you absolutely despise.....nope.

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 8:21 pm 
The Master

i’m crazier than dev

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 11:15 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Strat wrote:
Why can't you leave?
I mean, I could leave but like I said I'm at 15 years and (as a Fed) I only have to go 5 more to hit retirement eligibility. (I did the research and even though I couldn't start drawing retirement, I could 'retire' and save my place in line. Get a job outside of the Federal service, maybe at the state or city level. I could - theoretically - do another 20 there and retire twice.
run2death wrote:

That's death.

It's not the job per se, but lots of little things around the job. Death by a thousand cuts, as it were.
daft twat wrote:
This is awful. Do you have misophonia?
Yes, but I'm pretty sure that even Mother Teresa would want to shank this guy. It's not normal office noises at all, and it sounds like he's got sleep apnea but he's awake.
Strat wrote:
run2death wrote:

That's death.

Yea. Im assuming, maybe incorrectly, that you had other options before grabbing this job. Its never too early to back out and you can always reach out to others again. You already seem to be struggling with some depression as it were and staying at a place like this you absolutely despise.....nope.

I did have an option, but that option was "nothing". I was in my last position for a little over four years and I was passed over for a promotion already so I figured "what's the worst that could happen?" :shake:

I have talked to a few people at my old job because I know there are a lot of retirements coming up. I've also looked around here for other Federal positions and there are a few, I just need to apply for them.

Being away from my family on that two-week detail really applied a x10 multiplier to how depressed I was. I've been away before but this just couldn't have come at a worse time; I was getting less than four hours of sleep a night.

PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 12:38 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Can you change offices?

PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 12:46 am 
The Master

start smoking

PostPosted: Fri June 22, 2018 9:23 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I take my breaks as frequently as I can, yeah.
BurtReynolds wrote:
Can you change offices?

My boss is out today but it is something that I want to talk to him about. I understand that space is at a premium - literally every office except for management has more than one person in it - but they should stop hiring people at this point. And I know that there are at least four more people being hired in the near future and potentially four more in the slightly less near future so where the hell are they going to put these people? I wish I knew the status of the lease here because I know we don't own the building so it's gotta have an expiration date.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 117  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion