The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 69  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Depression Thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 8:24 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i just don't feel passionate about much...and my depression right now is keeping me from maintaining an interest in much of anything

the closest things i have to friends are all married with kids and busy, or live far away

Preach bro.

i thought you loved many things

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 8:25 pm 
Worst Moderator

Zoloft made me into a zombie, but a positive side effect was I lasted a lot longer in bed. Too bad it was when I was going through a divorce and not much in the mood to do anything with that.

Worst Moderator

or live far away

I do wish we lived closer, lenny

Looks Like a Cat

No, I haven't been on it for over a year. I had been taking it and honestly, if I look back I was doing better with my anxiety and depression when taking it. I met my fiance and solidified our relationship while on it. Lately, I've been in down swings a lot and feel lucky that wasn't the impression I was making early in our relationship. Zoloft also made it impossible to get off.

Long story short, I had a panic attack at work and that combined with the public knowledge of my stroke led to some difficult pressure from my employer (I work an office job with people who do not give a shit about me as a person). The doctor that had prescribed me the Zoloft wouldn't help me out of this situation so I stopped seeing him and the script eventually ran out. My cardio took care of everything and things worked out at my stupid job but i never addressed the script running out. I've been thinking lately about seeing someone nee though.

Sorry you're going through this stuff. Its pretty crippling and I feel like I'm white knuckling my way through the days and weeks sometimes. But things can always turn around and you're not alone with this type of thing.

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 8:26 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Zoloft made me into a zombie, but a positive side effect was I lasted a lot longer in bed. Too bad it was when I was going through a divorce and not much in the mood to do anything with that.

Dude I faked an orgasm into a condom on Zoloft. Couldn't cum during a blow job. The list goes on...

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 8:28 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Monkey_Driven wrote:
i just don't feel passionate about much...and my depression right now is keeping me from maintaining an interest in much of anything

the closest things i have to friends are all married with kids and busy, or live far away

Preach bro.

Some things sure, but I'm not passionate about much. Especially professionally.

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 8:29 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
No, I haven't been on it for over a year. I had been taking it and honestly, if I look back I was doing better with my anxiety and depression when taking it. I met my fiance and solidified our relationship while on it. Lately, I've been in down swings a lot and feel lucky that wasn't the impression I was making early in our relationship. Zoloft also made it impossible to get off.

Long story short, I had a panic attack at work and that combined with the public knowledge of my stroke led to some difficult pressure from my employer (I work an office job with people who do not give a shit about me as a person). The doctor that had prescribed me the Zoloft wouldn't help me out of this situation so I stopped seeing him and the script eventually ran out. My cardio took care of everything and things worked out at my stupid job but i never addressed the script running out. I've been thinking lately about seeing someone nee though.

Sorry you're going through this stuff. Its pretty crippling and I feel like I'm white knuckling my way through the days and weeks sometimes. But things can always turn around and you're not alone with this type of thing.

i appreciate the encouragement...maybe this demotion at work will help (granted the loss of pay will suck)...hope everything works out for you too

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 8:30 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Preach bro.

i'm sure having a family helps you feel like a real human

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 8:34 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Preach bro.

It does most of the time. It can also be a brutal reminder of my own inadequacies.

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 8:36 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Preach bro.

It does most of the time. It can also be a brutal reminder of my own inadequacies.

true...that's work for me, i think

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 8:45 pm 
Worst Moderator

verb_to_trust wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Dude I faked an orgasm into a condom on Zoloft. Couldn't cum during a blow job. The list goes on...

Yeah it was sometimes impossible to finish

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 9:06 pm 
Posting (live)

is it okay to accept that i'm probably always going to be a bit of a loser with very few real friends and hobbies?

It only matters if it get's on the way of your happiness. Being a dullard would be totally acceptable if you were happy. Most people are boring as hell. So don't let those things make you feel bad about yourself. You should probably practice some self acceptance. But if they stand in the way of your happiness, it's another issue. Honestly you probably just need a boring girl to share your day to day with.

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 9:17 pm 
Posting (live)

run2death wrote:
is it okay to accept that i'm probably always going to be a bit of a loser with very few real friends and hobbies?

I guess, but who's expectations are you trying to meet, exactly?

Who's defining "loser?" Who's defining what an acceptable hobby is?

A good friend of mine essentially works, then sits a home watching Twilight Zone reruns and building Lego sets all day. He's perfectly happy.

And you know what? I'm happy for him. He's a smart and nice person who finds real joy in things that others probably wouldn't. But who fucking cares?

He's not a worse person or anymore of a loser than some of my runner "friends," who spend all their time bitching about their jobs and family.

Also, lots of people have too many friends. Better to have a few real friends than try to maintain friendships with people you have no real connection with.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 9:20 pm 
Posting (live)

Like if I had a son who was a boring gamer I would probably secretly think of him as inferior but I would show him acceptance and build his confidence anyway.

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 10:06 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

In June of 2006 I had just finished my education with great success, I was married to a beautiful and intelligent girl, I had my family, and we had a good amount of friends together where we had studied. After we moved to Oslo, We suddenly had three of my best childhood friends living close to us. By August I had gotten a temp job at a bank, and a nice apartment, while she had gotten into the uni course she dreamed of.

By April 2007 I was separated and later divorced, had huge bills, by August all three friends had moved for different reasons, the friends I had with her were miles away and felt distant in every other way as well, my job was in danger as I was the last of the 8 temps they had hired for that department, my father had gotten seriously sick, both my body and my soul was hurting, and life generally felt awful and lonely.

I accepted the situation with my head held high, but I didn't accept that this was how life was going to be until the end of time. Now while I've both dated and been in three relationships since, I am now single ten years later. I also feel that a lot of my friends and people I know, have kids and are busy with their families. Still I've worked hard these years at getting a career, at making new friends, at diving into my interests, at living a happy life. Naturally, there are times where I feel off or like I'm failing, like I should be somewhere else at 38. Still I wouldn't trade my experiences from the last decade with anyone. I've met some of the greatest people, and had so much fun.

So don't think life is over because you're feeling down (I respect that we are different, and that your situation is not the same, and I was never on any medication. Still I believe anything is possible). There are experiences, people and places out there that will blow your mind. You have to be open for it, work to achieve your goals, and you may not reach all of them, but if you stretch hard enough, you wil accomplish more than you thought was possible.

Last edited by Anders on Mon July 10, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 10:11 pm 
The Master

i wish optimism came to me easy enough to accept that

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 10:16 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Not sure it can even be called optimism. It's more like fighting with your back against the wall. This is not going to f'ing stop me.

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 10:17 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
Not sure it can even be called optimism. It's more like fighting with your back against the wall. This is not going to f'ing stop me.

yeah i've never been good at that...i just don't have any fight in me

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 10:22 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Anders wrote:

yeah i've never been good at that...i just don't have any fight in me

At least you know that you don't have to accept the situation. It's in your hands. Do nothing, and nothing will happen. If you're not going to do anything about it, you should find happiness in what comes naturally and in what keeps you healthy.

PostPosted: Mon July 10, 2017 10:44 pm 
Posting (live)

I am still available for Skype sessions. 20$ Canadian. Real help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 69  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion