The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 38052
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
rough past few days

hugs. whats happening my cracka?

i'm miserable and can barely function

is there any reason? or just in a bad place?

i don't know anymore

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 15916
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
rough past few days

hugs. whats happening my cracka?

i'm miserable and can barely function

is there any reason? or just in a bad place?

i don't know anymore

well you gotta make an assessment otherwise who knows what direction you should go.

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Dev thinks that his philosophical rants make sense and are easily followable and logical.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 38052
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
rough past few days

hugs. whats happening my cracka?

i'm miserable and can barely function

is there any reason? or just in a bad place?

i don't know anymore

well you gotta make an assessment otherwise who knows what direction you should go.

i feel overwhelmed just being alive

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 15916
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
rough past few days

hugs. whats happening my cracka?

i'm miserable and can barely function

is there any reason? or just in a bad place?

i don't know anymore

well you gotta make an assessment otherwise who knows what direction you should go.

i feel overwhelmed just being alive

I can relate. But you just gotta bear down and keep making baby steps. And don't discount all the things you are already doing right. You're independent and working now you just gotta figure out the reason you're doing it all.

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Dev thinks that his philosophical rants make sense and are easily followable and logical.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 38052
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
rough past few days

hugs. whats happening my cracka?

i'm miserable and can barely function

is there any reason? or just in a bad place?

i don't know anymore

well you gotta make an assessment otherwise who knows what direction you should go.

i feel overwhelmed just being alive

I can relate. But you just gotta bear down and keep making baby steps. And don't discount all the things you are already doing right. You're independent and working now you just gotta figure out the reason you're doing it all.

i can hardly function at work and i want nothing more than to walk out right now...every little thing is starting to put me on edge again

sometimes i wonder if these meds are making it worse...they're not helping at least it seems...i'm trying to get an appt with a different doctor

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3267
Location: Oslo, Norway
Sounds like a good idea.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 3077
Location: Washington State
You know it's going to be a bad day when you can't get your morning meeting started correctly even after the fourth try. And in front of the office no less.

Jesus.

And my boss is back from a week away and he's ignoring me. Even when I asked him a question point blank, his reaction was one of "I'm going to answer the question and that's it" whereas everyone else who were talking to him were treated much differently.

I'm aware I'm in a bad mood but fuck. I feel like a breakdown is imminent.

We had our weekly group meeting last week at work and it turned into yet another "hey Chris is a fuck up let's just take turns describing the way he fucks things up". If it was legit criticism I'd be OK with it but when you're just shitting on me and I tell you, "Hey, let's talk about the reason I do things this way" and you say you don't have time for that...fuck off. And then when I saw that yes, I'm trying to get a job closer to home you act like I'm Judas or something.

He's been back for a month and my output has decreased in the interim. Like, I'm forgetting to do basic "this shit is important" activities that affects people outside of my office.

Hulk 3 was a great distraction for a couple hours yesterday at least.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 15916
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
rough past few days

hugs. whats happening my cracka?

i'm miserable and can barely function

is there any reason? or just in a bad place?

i don't know anymore

well you gotta make an assessment otherwise who knows what direction you should go.

i feel overwhelmed just being alive

I can relate. But you just gotta bear down and keep making baby steps. And don't discount all the things you are already doing right. You're independent and working now you just gotta figure out the reason you're doing it all.

i can hardly function at work and i want nothing more than to walk out right now...every little thing is starting to put me on edge again

sometimes i wonder if these meds are making it worse...they're not helping at least it seems...i'm trying to get an appt with a different doctor

Yeah Len, I don't think they are doing you any favors. I think you need to work through your problems. You are depressed because you aren't hsppy with your life. It's not merely a chemical imbalance. Meds make most sense when your life is good but you are still depressed.

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Dev thinks that his philosophical rants make sense and are easily followable and logical.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 38052
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
rough past few days

hugs. whats happening my cracka?

i'm miserable and can barely function

is there any reason? or just in a bad place?

i don't know anymore

well you gotta make an assessment otherwise who knows what direction you should go.

i feel overwhelmed just being alive

I can relate. But you just gotta bear down and keep making baby steps. And don't discount all the things you are already doing right. You're independent and working now you just gotta figure out the reason you're doing it all.

i can hardly function at work and i want nothing more than to walk out right now...every little thing is starting to put me on edge again

sometimes i wonder if these meds are making it worse...they're not helping at least it seems...i'm trying to get an appt with a different doctor

Yeah Len, I don't think they are doing you any favors. I think you need to work through your problems. You are depressed because you aren't hsppy with your life. It's not merely a chemical imbalance. Meds make most sense when your life is good but you are still depressed.

i think mine is both chemical and situational...i think i may just be on the wrong meds, or there's at least some better option for me

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 27215
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
bune wrote:
You know it's going to be a bad day when you can't get your morning meeting started correctly even after the fourth try. And in front of the office no less.

Jesus.

And my boss is back from a week away and he's ignoring me. Even when I asked him a question point blank, his reaction was one of "I'm going to answer the question and that's it" whereas everyone else who were talking to him were treated much differently.

I'm aware I'm in a bad mood but fuck. I feel like a breakdown is imminent.

We had our weekly group meeting last week at work and it turned into yet another "hey Chris is a fuck up let's just take turns describing the way he fucks things up". If it was legit criticism I'd be OK with it but when you're just shitting on me and I tell you, "Hey, let's talk about the reason I do things this way" and you say you don't have time for that...fuck off. And then when I saw that yes, I'm trying to get a job closer to home you act like I'm Judas or something.

He's been back for a month and my output has decreased in the interim. Like, I'm forgetting to do basic "this shit is important" activities that affects people outside of my office.

Hulk 3 was a great distraction for a couple hours yesterday at least.

Leave your job

_________________
tragabigzanda wrote:
Stop it, this is pissing me off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 3077
Location: Washington State
CHRIST. He's asking me about travel, was it done or wasn't it, and then halfway through the conversation he says, "I don't think I gave you anything on it" which means no it wasn't done. Fuck. And he was out all last week so of course he didn't give me anything.

And he just gave me a speech about how he relies on people to keep him honest and how it was my fault he didn't send me the stuff. "Oh, well, if you had emailed me I could have gotten it to you." How about this: You have the information, why are you waiting on me to ask for it? Why SHOULD I ask for it?

I need to go and have a fucking scream for a bit I think. "Are you feeling overwhelmed?" Well I sure as fuck wasn't until you came back!

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 15916
sadness is taking over.

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Dev thinks that his philosophical rants make sense and are easily followable and logical.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 38052
Dev wrote:
sadness is taking over.

*huggles*

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 11287
Location: in the wind
get a B12 shot, dev

_________________
Citizens for Boysenberry Jam


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 38052
The Argonaut wrote:
get a B12 shot, dev

for once in your life stfu

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 11287
Location: in the wind
It's a good idea! Most people are B12-deficient, and being so can make one feel sleepy, lethargic, and generally down.

_________________
Citizens for Boysenberry Jam


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 38052
The Argonaut wrote:
It's a good idea! Most people are B12-deficient, and being so can make one feel sleepy, lethargic, and generally down.

down this *points at weiner*

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 11287
Location: in the wind
Someday, lenny, some man will do that for you. You've just gotta put yourself out there

_________________
Citizens for Boysenberry Jam


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 38052
The Argonaut wrote:
Someday, lenny, some man will do that for you. You've just gotta put yourself out there

but, i just did....now go down

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 11287
Location: in the wind
NEVER!

_________________
Citizens for Boysenberry Jam


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LetMeSleep, Rangi Guy and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri November 24, 2017 1:51 am