The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 117  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 2:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34619
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Look, I know cigarettes are bad and they will kill you, but if you are just starting this late in life, they won't kill you until you are like 80. And let's face it, none of us here are gonna make it to 70 at the rate we're going.

It's time to start smoking, Lenny. This is your ticket out of Ennuis City.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 2:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34619
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Also, after you buy the cigarettes, I want you to go to your parents' house and start smoking them in front of your mother. Just trust me on this.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 2:22 am 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 22207
Location: the beach
BurtReynolds wrote:
Also, after you buy the cigarettes, I want you to go to your parents' house and start smoking them in front of your mother. Just trust me on this.


sounds like a two and half men episode


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 2:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34619
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
doug rr wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Also, after you buy the cigarettes, I want you to go to your parents' house and start smoking them in front of your mother. Just trust me on this.


sounds like a two and half men episode

I get all my psychiatric knowledge from Charlie Sheen.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 3:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 6306
Location: Washington State
Dev wrote:
bune wrote:
Right now? All over the damn place. I'm trying some meditation techniques but I can't find my locus of control. I feel like there are internal and external forces influencing me - some real, some imagined. I need to start a journal or something to get stuff out of my head instead of throwing up in this thread every couple weeks.

I can't even focus enough to find enjoyment in riding my bike and I have a two day overnight coming up next month that I need to prepare for.


Have you difficulty focusing in the past? For some reason your last post screamed ADHD to me. You should try some ritalin.

That's a thought, I have a primary care visit coming up so I'll ask about it.
The Argonaut wrote:
Image

It's a circle so changing any of these will affect the others. So which ones can we control? We cannot control others' beliefs or others' actions so let's ignore those for now. It is very difficult to control one's own beliefs about oneself. But if you change one's own actions, consciously, that will change all the others. Including, eventually, an improvement in one's own beliefs about one's own self. woo

That's an interesting idea.

What I did last night was be unable to go to sleep because I couldn't turn my brain off so I was up until after midnight reading. When I woke up I had some podcasts to listen to (Doug Loves Movies) and it made me laugh so my day was better. Oddly enough. I was (am) tired as hell though. I'm hoping that I'm tired enough to just go to sleep instead of sit awake and ponder the complexities of life.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 4:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 22067
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
you guys are no help...only dev takes me seriously

true. but even I have suggested you get drunk or something like that. my logic was that you need to try new stuff in general. you need to break the mold. so I am basically for you doing anything crazy because I think it is part of the crucial proccess of getting outside your comfort zone. basically everything that you need to do to make your life better involves going outside your comfort zone. and if I lived nearby I would invite you out for a drink to help you get a grip on some fundamental social skills that aren't self-evident if no one ever taught you.

_________________
Kanye West wrote:
They told me I was in a sunken place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 4:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 22067
bune wrote:
Dev wrote:
bune wrote:
Right now? All over the damn place. I'm trying some meditation techniques but I can't find my locus of control. I feel like there are internal and external forces influencing me - some real, some imagined. I need to start a journal or something to get stuff out of my head instead of throwing up in this thread every couple weeks.

I can't even focus enough to find enjoyment in riding my bike and I have a two day overnight coming up next month that I need to prepare for.


Have you difficulty focusing in the past? For some reason your last post screamed ADHD to me. You should try some ritalin.

That's a thought, I have a primary care visit coming up so I'll ask about it.

My reasoning is that you seem to spend a big part of your day ruminating about everything. Ultimately none of it is too important. Your day would be better spent focused on your work. And then if you had a productive day maybe you could go home after work and enjoy that more too. Nothing is ever ideal(your job, your home life). You have to focus on what you can control and do what you can to make it the best it can be.

_________________
Kanye West wrote:
They told me I was in a sunken place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 4:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 6306
Location: Washington State
Dev wrote:
bune wrote:
Dev wrote:
bune wrote:
Right now? All over the damn place. I'm trying some meditation techniques but I can't find my locus of control. I feel like there are internal and external forces influencing me - some real, some imagined. I need to start a journal or something to get stuff out of my head instead of throwing up in this thread every couple weeks.

I can't even focus enough to find enjoyment in riding my bike and I have a two day overnight coming up next month that I need to prepare for.


Have you difficulty focusing in the past? For some reason your last post screamed ADHD to me. You should try some ritalin.

That's a thought, I have a primary care visit coming up so I'll ask about it.

My reasoning is that you seem to spend a big part of your day ruminating about everything. Ultimately none of it is too important. Your day would be better spent focused on your work. And then if you had a productive day maybe you could go home after work and enjoy that more too. Nothing is ever ideal(your job, your home life). You have to focus on what you can control and do what you can to make it the best it can be.

Most of what's going on this past week is because it's just me being by myself on this work detail so I don't have anything but time to sit and think. I brought my Vita and I've tried playing games or watching movies or even reading a book but they only distract me so much. Maybe I shouldn't have brought my laptop so I couldn't mindlessly browse the internet.

Probably also be mid-life crisis-ing here. Dealing with the fact that my son turned 13 and has exactly five years left before he leaves for his own life. Or that I have sixteen years of work left before I hit my minimum retirement age. I know it's highly unlikely that I'll be doing this job for the rest of my professional life but when I'm depressed enough it sure feels like it.

I need more comedy in my life this week. I wasn't kidding when I said that listening to Doug Loves Movies helped because it made me laugh. I have some Mike Birbiglia on a thumb drive that I wanted to watch with my son, I think I'm going to go ahead and watch it anyway. If it's as funny as he usually is it should be as good on the second time through.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 52513
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
you guys are no help...only dev takes me seriously

true. but even I have suggested you get drunk or something like that. my logic was that you need to try new stuff in general. you need to break the mold. so I am basically for you doing anything crazy because I think it is part of the crucial proccess of getting outside your comfort zone. basically everything that you need to do to make your life better involves going outside your comfort zone. and if I lived nearby I would invite you out for a drink to help you get a grip on some fundamental social skills that aren't self-evident if no one ever taught you.

I was just trying to summon you

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 52513
now that my anxiety is assuaged my depression is back...woe is me

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 52513
i feel strange

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 20602
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i feel strange

Like you’re not yourself?

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 52513
Kaius wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i feel strange

Like you’re not yourself?

kinda

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 52513
seriously though, i’m ready to die

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 20602
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Kaius wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i feel strange

Like you’re not yourself?

kinda

I know the feeling well

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36386
Location: Mountains
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
seriously though, i’m ready to die

There's help, friend.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 52513
Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
seriously though, i’m ready to die

There's help, friend.

i mean of natural causes

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 4332
i dont think the RM servers could handle all my psychosis

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 52513
Peeps wrote:
i dont think the RM servers could handle all my psychosis

give it a try

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 555
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
seriously though, i’m ready to die


At least come kayaking with me before you die


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 117  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], LetMeSleep and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun November 18, 2018 12:34 am