The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: The mental health thread: How insane are you?
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 6:41 pm 
The Master

The Argonaut wrote:
NEVER!

whew you passed the gay test again i'm beginning to think you might be a straight

PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 6:55 pm 
AnalLog

Just gave a reallyyy reallyyy bad class.
I'm freaking out right now.

PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 7:26 pm 
Posting (live)

KurtLeon wrote:

Sorry, you're a professor? Of what? And where? I'm sure your students will be fine, they were all Tweet-a-gramming anyway.

PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 7:43 pm 
AnalLog

tragabigzanda wrote:
KurtLeon wrote:

Sorry, you're a professor? Of what? And where? I'm sure your students will be fine, they were all Tweet-a-gramming anyway.

i'm an english teacher here in Brazil. I just care about students complaining about me for the coordination and stuff...

PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 7:45 pm 
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

What did you do?!

PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 7:45 pm 
The Master

praying for you, kurt

PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 8:14 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

A part of me is ready to change but half of me doesn't even care if things could better, so I also think seriously about suicide.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 12:42 am 
The Master

Dev wrote:
A part of me is ready to change but half of me doesn't even care if things could better, so I also think seriously about suicide.

i'm not going to pretend like i don't have intrusive thoughts, but i'm ordering you to stop thinking about it

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 1:45 am 

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:

i'm not going to pretend like i don't have intrusive thoughts, but i'm ordering you to stop thinking about it

I was able to come to some conclusions and feel a lot better now. but life is peril so im sure ill feel the same again soon.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 1:52 am 
The Master

Dev wrote:
Dev wrote:

I was able to come to some conclusions and feel a lot better now. but life is peril so im sure ill feel the same again soon.

Dev, do you really believe life is meant to be awful and you are meant to suffer and not be happy?

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 2:00 am 
The Master

Strat wrote:
Dev wrote:
Dev wrote:

Dev, do you really believe life is meant to be awful and you are meant to suffer and not be happy?

it feels that way often

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 2:27 am 

Strat wrote:
Dev wrote:
Dev wrote:

no. here is what I believe. everyone believes there is evil in the world. the thing is most people believe that evil is outside of themselves. but the truth is there is a line that runs through the heart of every man. and this is the peril we are caught in. the world is always changing and we can either adapt or maladapt. but also I can't be sure how long it will take or if I will ever work through all my problems. so I know can some suffering in the future, and like I said we are always at risk of going backwards. It takes a conscientious and moral person to ensure they progress in a positive manner. blah blah blah did I convince you yet? Can you see my point of view?

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 2:34 am 
The Master

Dev wrote:
Strat wrote:
Dev wrote:
Dev wrote:

no. here is what I believe. everyone believes there is evil in the world. the thing is most people believe that evil is outside of themselves. but the truth is there is a line that runs through the heart of every man. and this is the peril we are caught in. the world is always changing and we can either adapt or maladapt. but also I can't be sure how long it will take or if I will ever work through all my problems. so I know can some suffering in the future, and like I said we are always at risk of going backwards. It takes a conscientious and moral person to ensure they progress in a positive manner. blah blah blah did I convince you yet? Can you see my point of view?

Sure, but a lot of what you said kind of felt rather "victimish" in that maybe you don't feel you can be totally responsible for your happiness. Outside circumstances, the way people treat us, the things people say absolutely do impact us. Im my community there are a lot of pseudo spiritual idiots that always come with the "I am not responsible for your feelings". I think thats bullshit and me and my girlfriend get into that on occasion. We are working on it.

Im rambling.

Ultimately, we are responsible for how we react and internalize much of what happens to us. Really, at some point I just got sick of being depressed and angry. At that point i had enough and wanted a better life.

I hope you get to that point. because you really can be happy. You really do have the opportunity to be more "unfuckable with" as they say.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 2:38 am 

Strat wrote:
Dev wrote:
Strat wrote:
Dev wrote:
Dev wrote:

Sure, but a lot of what you said kind of felt rather "victimish" in that maybe you don't feel you can be totally responsible for your happiness. Outside circumstances, the way people treat us, the things people say absolutely do impact us. Im my community there are a lot of pseudo spiritual idiots that always come with the "I am not responsible for your feelings". I think thats bullshit and me and my girlfriend get into that on occasion. We are working on it.

Im rambling.

Ultimately, we are responsible for how we react and internalize much of what happens to us. Really, at some point I just got sick of being depressed and angry. At that point i had enough and wanted a better life.

I hope you get to that point. because you really can be happy. You really do have the opportunity to be more "unfuckable with" as they say.

oh dude my plans are to become a total badass. I just gotta get some stuff off my chest and need to develop some self control and direction. im digging my heels in. i actually hope/think this nightmare will be over soon. but I went through some major transitions this last year. im a depression for a reason. my model of truth got shattered. now I have to reinvent. it's all just inevitable.

not share what the victimish or I'm not resposible for others feelings is about. my point of view is that we are all radically responsible for ever single thing that happens because of us.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 2:39 am 
The Master

Some people are ultra sensitive to their surroundings and to that which is generally out of our control it impacts us greatly and can weigh heavily on us. Maybe you are one of those. I am. Other people are Jorge and nothing bothers him and he just makes fun of everybody else.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 2:40 am 

Strat wrote:
Some people are ultra sensitive to their surroundings and to that which is generally out of our control it impacts us greatly and can weigh heavily on us. Maybe you are one of those. I am. Other people are Jorge and nothing bothers him and he just makes fun of everybody else.

Yeah, I'm a pretty neurotic too. I admit that.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 2:40 am 

I also agree about jorge being a total psychopath.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 2:42 am 
The Master

A few things that I have come to realize in the past few years that has helped me greatly are:

1) I am not special. My problems are the same problems everybody has
2) Becoming conscious is fucking painful and it can impact how you see the world and your loved ones.
3) its for the best. Growing pains suck but it can help create stronger relationships
4) "Relax, nothing is under control" (cheesy but true)

PostPosted: Sun November 19, 2017 7:26 am 

I'm at a karaokee bar and I'm depressed. Will read the bible when I get home.

PostPosted: Sun November 19, 2017 8:51 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Dev wrote:
I'm at a karaokee bar and I'm depressed. Will read the bible when I get home.

does the bar not have any hymns for you to sing?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion