The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 903, 904, 905, 906, 907, 908, 909 ... 958  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 5:06 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu April 21, 2016 12:19 am
Posts: 3333
spike wrote:
people who consider die hard a christmas movie


It’s not Christmas unless Hans Gruber falls to his death from the Nakatomi building, you cultureless grinch.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 5:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
Thread Killer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:57 am
Posts: 3534
pepperwhiteMFC wrote:
spike wrote:
people who consider die hard a christmas movie


It’s not Christmas unless Hans Gruber falls to his death from the Nakatomi building, you cultureless grinch.

Yippee Ki-Yay MotherF*cker


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 8874
Location: An office full of assholes
Die Hard was released in July. End of discussion.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49977
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Die Hard was released in July. End of discussion.

That is why it is so edgy calling it a Christmas movie

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
post-structuralist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:22 pm
Posts: 15563
Location: faked by jorge
going back to work

_________________
Dev wrote:
you're delusional. you are a sad sad person. fuck off. you're mentally ill beyond repair. i don't need your shit. dissapear.

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 49557
malice wrote:
going back to work

aw yiss

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 5090
Location: Washington State
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
bune wrote:
Holidays and birthdays. Which sucks for me because from November to March we're pretty holi/birthday'd out here. Anniversary in Nov, Christmas, wife's birthday in Jan, brother-in-law Feb, and me in March.

It's my wife's 40th so I've been trying to plan something. Again, I hate these things and I have to plan one. She rocked me 40th last year and now I have to do something for her. I'm honestly thinking of bowling and pizza but I know that would be a bad move on my part. Hell, it would probably be A Really Bad Move.

I have some ideas, it's just bringing everyone together that's a PITA.

what did she do for you?
Flew my sister in for the weekend. There was a party too but nothing huge. All of her family are here already except for her sister who's in Bend and an aunt in Stevensville, MT. Since it's in January, it's going to be difficult to get them over the passes.
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
malice wrote:
going back to work

aw yiss

You have any luck on that front?

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 49557
bune wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
bune wrote:
Holidays and birthdays. Which sucks for me because from November to March we're pretty holi/birthday'd out here. Anniversary in Nov, Christmas, wife's birthday in Jan, brother-in-law Feb, and me in March.

It's my wife's 40th so I've been trying to plan something. Again, I hate these things and I have to plan one. She rocked me 40th last year and now I have to do something for her. I'm honestly thinking of bowling and pizza but I know that would be a bad move on my part. Hell, it would probably be A Really Bad Move.

I have some ideas, it's just bringing everyone together that's a PITA.

what did she do for you?
Flew my sister in for the weekend. There was a party too but nothing huge. All of her family are here already except for her sister who's in Bend and an aunt in Stevensville, MT. Since it's in January, it's going to be difficult to get them over the passes.
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
malice wrote:
going back to work

aw yiss

You have any luck on that front?

didn't get the job i interviewed for a few weeks ago, blew an interview last week, and have another next week

i don't think i'd want the one i blew, and the one i didn't get was going to be pretty low paying...so here's hoping for the one next week, i guess

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 5090
Location: Washington State
Well, as Billy Corgan says, "Try, Try, Try".

I was looking at Usajobs the other day and the job I interviewed for was on there again. Kind of impressive that everyone performed that poorly.

There's a job that opened up here but it's for a position that someone has been performing for the past six months. Since my boss is manic I'm pretty sure I don't have a chance in hell so I'm not applying for it. Besides, there's like a 99% chance that the person who's been doing it will continue to do it. That seems like a safe fucking bet to take.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 49557
bune wrote:
Well, as Billy Corgan says, "Try, Try, Try".

I was looking at Usajobs the other day and the job I interviewed for was on there again. Kind of impressive that everyone performed that poorly.

There's a job that opened up here but it's for a position that someone has been performing for the past six months. Since my boss is manic I'm pretty sure I don't have a chance in hell so I'm not applying for it. Besides, there's like a 99% chance that the person who's been doing it will continue to do it. That seems like a safe fucking bet to take.

tell me about your references

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49977
People who claim to be "Jeep people" but do not currently own a Jeep.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 49557
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
People who claim to be "Jeep people" but do not currently own a Jeep.

times are tough

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 17832
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Die Hard was released in July. End of discussion.

That is why it is so edgy calling it a Christmas movie

and also because it lacks any christmas spirit whatsoever


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 49557
spike wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Die Hard was released in July. End of discussion.

That is why it is so edgy calling it a Christmas movie

and also because it lacks any christmas spirit whatsoever

yeah not a christmas movie

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 17832
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
"Jeep people"

ftfy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed December 27, 2017 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 8911
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
spike wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Die Hard was released in July. End of discussion.

That is why it is so edgy calling it a Christmas movie

and also because it lacks any christmas spirit whatsoever

Disagree
Image

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Thu December 28, 2017 3:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 15843
Location: Lft Craquepeau
Rangi Guy wrote:
spike wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Die Hard was released in July. End of discussion.

That is why it is so edgy calling it a Christmas movie

and also because it lacks any christmas spirit whatsoever

Disagree
Image

Yeah, it's set at Christmas time. So for me, it's totally a Christmas movie.

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Thu December 28, 2017 3:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 15843
Location: Lft Craquepeau
Also:


_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Thu December 28, 2017 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 15843
Location: Lft Craquepeau
Yippee ki-yay motherfuckers.

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Thu December 28, 2017 3:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 17832
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
spike wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Die Hard was released in July. End of discussion.

That is why it is so edgy calling it a Christmas movie

and also because it lacks any christmas spirit whatsoever

Disagree
Image

Yeah, it's set at Christmas time. So for me, it's totally a Christmas movie.

:facepalm:


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 903, 904, 905, 906, 907, 908, 909 ... 958  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BurtReynolds, CopperTom, Strat, theplatypus and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri July 20, 2018 4:52 pm