The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 890, 891, 892, 893, 894, 895, 896  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed November 22, 2017 2:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31450
Location: this field intentionally left blank
96583UP wrote:
is that new? I don't think i have encountered that before. in the past they have even let me keep shit after I click 'return' and refund me anyway. prob because restocking is too much of a hassle. 96.69% of my purchases are through them at this point. have you reached the 96-69 threshold?

Nah, TBH I don't buy from them very often.

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
If earth were a sphere, it would be impossible for any of us to stay grounded.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed November 22, 2017 2:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 38895
being sad

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed November 22, 2017 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10247
Location: Mizzou
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
being sad


Yup.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Fri November 24, 2017 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 2320
Location: right there
When they advertise regular priced items in a sale flyer.

_________________
Art never killed anybody.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Fri November 24, 2017 1:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45131
When my mom, who is college educated and speaks the English language very well, pronounces potatoes "buhtaytas"

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Fri November 24, 2017 1:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 38895
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
When my mom, who is college educated and speaks the English language very well, pronounces potatoes "buhtaytas"

that's hot

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Fri November 24, 2017 2:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
Thread Killer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:57 am
Posts: 3389
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
That Amazon charges for returns, even if you have Prime. This makes me worried about a future with fewer and fewer brick and mortar stores.

Only from non-Prime sellers though right?... if the prime icon isn't next to the seller I try to avoid them... although my wife always manages to need something that doesn't have a prime seller...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Fri November 24, 2017 4:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31450
Location: this field intentionally left blank
dpupenya wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
That Amazon charges for returns, even if you have Prime. This makes me worried about a future with fewer and fewer brick and mortar stores.

Only from non-Prime sellers though right?... if the prime icon isn't next to the seller I try to avoid them... although my wife always manages to need something that doesn't have a prime seller...

Nope, even Prime.

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
If earth were a sphere, it would be impossible for any of us to stay grounded.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Fri November 24, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45131
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
dpupenya wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
That Amazon charges for returns, even if you have Prime. This makes me worried about a future with fewer and fewer brick and mortar stores.

Only from non-Prime sellers though right?... if the prime icon isn't next to the seller I try to avoid them... although my wife always manages to need something that doesn't have a prime seller...

Nope, even Prime.

Really? I just had to send back some shoes I ordered, and they gave me a shipping label to print. I wonder if it depends on the items?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Fri November 24, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31450
Location: this field intentionally left blank
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
dpupenya wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
That Amazon charges for returns, even if you have Prime. This makes me worried about a future with fewer and fewer brick and mortar stores.

Only from non-Prime sellers though right?... if the prime icon isn't next to the seller I try to avoid them... although my wife always manages to need something that doesn't have a prime seller...

Nope, even Prime.

Really? I just had to send back some shoes I ordered, and they gave me a shipping label to print. I wonder if it depends on the items?

It does. I'm not sure what the criteria is, though.

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
If earth were a sphere, it would be impossible for any of us to stay grounded.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Fri November 24, 2017 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Thread Killer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:57 am
Posts: 3389
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
dpupenya wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
That Amazon charges for returns, even if you have Prime. This makes me worried about a future with fewer and fewer brick and mortar stores.

Only from non-Prime sellers though right?... if the prime icon isn't next to the seller I try to avoid them... although my wife always manages to need something that doesn't have a prime seller...

Nope, even Prime.

Really? I just had to send back some shoes I ordered, and they gave me a shipping label to print. I wonder if it depends on the items?

It does. I'm not sure what the criteria is, though.


Jeff Bezos wrote:
To receive Free Returns on your eligible product(s) Only product(s) that say that they are eligible for Free Returns on the product detail page are eligible for Free Returns. Free Returns only applies to product(s) fulfilled by Amazon. It does not apply to the same product(s) fulfilled by other sellers.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Sat November 25, 2017 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Thread Killer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:57 am
Posts: 3389
meanwhile,

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jeff-bez ... 41425.html


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Sat November 25, 2017 7:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 29090
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
I really like Amazon though.

_________________
dev wrote:
Love pans out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Sat November 25, 2017 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 08, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 1511
Jeff Bezos didn't get 100 billion dollars by paying for you to send back your shit.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Sun November 26, 2017 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 31395
Location: Mountains
60 degrees and sunshine today is really bothering me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Sun November 26, 2017 9:51 pm 
Online
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 8881
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
Car commercials that try to act like getting a car as a Xmas gift is no big deal.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Mon November 27, 2017 10:53 pm 
Online
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13326
Location: Seattle, WA
I hate it when people use "rock and roll" as a replacement for any verb similar to "go". Twice yesterday, I heard someone in a group say, "Let's rock and roll". Once to get on a train when the doors opened, and once to get to the security line after dropping off their luggage at airport check in. Neither of those situations warrant the use of "rock and roll".


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Mon November 27, 2017 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 3312
Location: Washington State
Maybe they thought there was a hijacking in progress?

Spoiler: show
I know, it's a long walk for that joke.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4014
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
Live nativity scenes with llamas. I get they are supposed to be stand ins for camels but they really don't look like camels.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Things you have an irrational hatred of
PostPosted: Tue December 05, 2017 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45131
oh good the invisible box challenge is making a comeback

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 890, 891, 892, 893, 894, 895, 896  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bodysnatcher and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri December 15, 2017 12:40 am