The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2088 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2019 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 69990
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
You ever been to Prune, Ruddo?

No but the name is mildly irritating

:lol:

Well never mind


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2019 1:45 am 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 24393
Location: the beach
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Work travel:

March - D.C. twice
April - San Diego, Boston
May - San Francisco
August - NYC

do you have restaurants lined up yet?

Only for NYC and San Francisco

do tell..

In NYC, I don't know what part of town I'll be staying in yet. But I never like to go there burdened. I love going to that city and just finding. In San Francisco, it will be most China Town along with Rocco's Cafe and Brenda's French Soul Food


brenda's :thumbsup:
could you imagine us eating there with lenny and reid? they'd lose their mind


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2019 1:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 53343
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
You ever been to Prune, Ruddo?

No but the name is mildly irritating

:lol:

Well never mind

Lol, I'll try it. But it reminds me of that pretentious asshole's restaurant "Husk"

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2019 1:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 53343
doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
doug rr wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Work travel:

March - D.C. twice
April - San Diego, Boston
May - San Francisco
August - NYC

do you have restaurants lined up yet?

Only for NYC and San Francisco

do tell..

In NYC, I don't know what part of town I'll be staying in yet. But I never like to go there burdened. I love going to that city and just finding. In San Francisco, it will be most China Town along with Rocco's Cafe and Brenda's French Soul Food


brenda's :thumbsup:
could you imagine us eating there with lenny and reid? they'd lose their mind

That place is consistently great.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Fri March 01, 2019 1:47 am 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 24393
Location: the beach
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
You ever been to Prune, Ruddo?

No but the name is mildly irritating

:lol:

Well never mind

Lol, I'll try it. But it reminds me of that pretentious asshole's restaurant "Husk"


he's sober and boring now


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2019 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 11929
Location: Space City
I really enjoyed the seamless transition between bar and table service at Husk. The two stations aren't even in the same building.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Sun March 03, 2019 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 11929
Location: Space City
Ruddo, I can recommend two places for you in SF. The first is fancy, overpriced, but delicious with a nice patio on the water that will be great in May. The second is a hole in the wall ice house at the foot of the Marin County side of Golden Gate. Cheap local beers and friendly people.

https://www.legaragebistrosausalito.com/

http://www.presidioyachtclub.org/facilities.html#pycbar


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2019 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Beef
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 10:16 pm
Posts: 4671
Future wife 'n I are doing NYC for our honeymoon - what are the latest tips? Basically food. Always food.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2019 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 11929
Location: Space City
ABNorman wrote:
Future wife 'n I are doing NYC for our honeymoon - what are the latest tips? Basically food. Always food.

Ruddo and others will rightfully tell you that NYC is all about roaming around and discovering things for yourself, but a honeymoon deserves at least one reservation brunch or dinner. For that, I can’t recommend Maison Premiere enough. Go during brunch, then walk to Domino Park for a sweeping view of the Manhattan skyline afterwards.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 10:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Beef
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 10:16 pm
Posts: 4671
washing machine wrote:
ABNorman wrote:
Future wife 'n I are doing NYC for our honeymoon - what are the latest tips? Basically food. Always food.

Ruddo and others will rightfully tell you that NYC is all about roaming around and discovering things for yourself, but a honeymoon deserves at least one reservation brunch or dinner. For that, I can’t recommend Maison Premiere enough. Go during brunch, then walk to Domino Park for a sweeping view of the Manhattan skyline afterwards.

Thanks for the recommendation - brunches are definitely going to be a thing, and that place looks great.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 37827
Location: Mountains
I was supposed to leave for Italy yesterday :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 53343
Strat wrote:
I was supposed to leave for Italy yesterday :(

why didn't you?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 37827
Location: Mountains
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
I was supposed to leave for Italy yesterday :(

why didn't you?

I bought the tickets back in October hoping that it would be a nice birthday trip for me. Then work shit the bed. Didn't make any money november - january. Now I just can't afford to take the time off from work :( Im straight commission so....

Had trip protection and got the tickets refunded but im super sad about not being able to go.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 53343
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
I was supposed to leave for Italy yesterday :(

why didn't you?

I bought the tickets back in October hoping that it would be a nice birthday trip for me. Then work shit the bed. Didn't make any money november - january. Now I just can't afford to take the time off from work :( Im straight commission so....

Had trip protection and got the tickets refunded but im super sad about not being able to go.

I'm sorry, friend.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 37827
Location: Mountains
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
I was supposed to leave for Italy yesterday :(

why didn't you?

I bought the tickets back in October hoping that it would be a nice birthday trip for me. Then work shit the bed. Didn't make any money november - january. Now I just can't afford to take the time off from work :( Im straight commission so....

Had trip protection and got the tickets refunded but im super sad about not being able to go.

I'm sorry, friend.

Ill be setting up a gofundme page shortly here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 19425
Location: Hunter
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
I was supposed to leave for Italy yesterday :(

why didn't you?

I bought the tickets back in October hoping that it would be a nice birthday trip for me. Then work shit the bed. Didn't make any money november - january. Now I just can't afford to take the time off from work :( Im straight commission so....

Had trip protection and got the tickets refunded but im super sad about not being able to go.

I'm sorry, friend.

Ill be setting up a gofundme page shortly here.

Make sure to post lots of shots from the slopes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 37827
Location: Mountains
LetMeSleep wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
I was supposed to leave for Italy yesterday :(

why didn't you?

I bought the tickets back in October hoping that it would be a nice birthday trip for me. Then work shit the bed. Didn't make any money november - january. Now I just can't afford to take the time off from work :( Im straight commission so....

Had trip protection and got the tickets refunded but im super sad about not being able to go.

I'm sorry, friend.

Ill be setting up a gofundme page shortly here.

Make sure to post lots of shots from the slopes.

"help strat live his best life ever"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 4656
who is in the bourbonnais, IL area on this board?

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 9484
Location: An office full of assholes
Peeps wrote:
who is in the bourbonnais, IL area on this board?

i don't think anyone is in the immediate area. bourbonnais is about 2 hours south of chicago. what's up?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Travel thread
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 59740
Peeps wrote:
who is in the bourbonnais, IL area on this board?

i’m not

thanks

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
This is the definitive battle rap movie ever.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2088 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun March 24, 2019 1:35 pm