The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 205  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Tue April 22, 2014 1:58 am 
Commissioner

How's it going, Strat?

PostPosted: Tue April 22, 2014 1:59 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Strat wrote:
8-) :thumbsup: :peace:

Is that the hymen breaker?

Last edited by Rangi Guy on Tue April 22, 2014 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue April 22, 2014 2:01 am 
The Master

Lament wrote:
How's it going, Strat?

Hey, guy.

Closing weekend at Vail. Met a pretty gal on the mountain. It's a massive shit show of costumes, drinking, games, grilling, drinking, skiing. had some fun with her and skied down the mountain. Decided to settle things down and we went to a nice hotel bar in the Village. 1 on 1 for a few hours. Spent the night. Good gal. We look forward to going out again.

Nice when it happens naturally like that.

PostPosted: Tue April 22, 2014 2:04 am 
Commissioner

Outstanding! Glad to hear you had such a successful weekend.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue April 22, 2014 2:59 am 
Posting (live)

guys, I gotta admit I feel like I'm getting pretty caught up in your sex lives, and I'm worried I might be developing a bit of an obsession. either you guys gotta quit this or I gotta quit the board, so maybe just chill please, k?

PostPosted: Wed April 23, 2014 3:21 pm 
The Master

Strat wrote:
Lament wrote:
How's it going, Strat?

Hey, guy.

Closing weekend at Vail. Met a pretty gal on the mountain. It's a massive shit show of costumes, drinking, games, grilling, drinking, skiing. had some fun with her and skied down the mountain. Decided to settle things down and we went to a nice hotel bar in the Village. 1 on 1 for a few hours. Spent the night. Good gal. We look forward to going out again.

Date tonight. bup bup.

PostPosted: Wed April 23, 2014 4:33 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
Lament wrote:
How's it going, Strat?

Hey, guy.

:luv:

PostPosted: Wed April 23, 2014 4:33 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm rooting for both of you crazy kids. Big time.

PostPosted: Wed April 23, 2014 4:47 pm 
The Master

Tonight I pick her up and we grab some Pho. Low key. Everyone in town has been partying far too much over the past week with Closing Day festivities. Keep it light. Fit. perhaps some games, music and a movie. Yea? Yea.

PostPosted: Fri April 25, 2014 10:15 pm 
Commissioner

So...how did the Pho date go?

I feel like I've failed at keeping this thread updated with the teacher situation.

:(

PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 2:27 am 
The Master

Lament wrote:
So...how did the Pho date go?

I feel like I've failed at keeping this thread updated with the teacher situation.

:(

Now is the time to rectify it? How is it going or is there nothing to report?

The date went great! We ended up going to a local brewery for dinner instead. LIttle more laid back. A single drink, good food, i ran into a couple of friends there so she was able to meet them. Ended up back at my place to play a yahtzee and watch a movie. Will be getting together tuesday night again!

PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 2:38 am 
Commissioner

Nice! What did your friends think of her?

I think I'm done with the teacher. She seems to be involved in some elaborate game of some sorts, and I'd rather not be a participant in whatever weird web she's weaving. She's one of those people who very much is the thing she attacks in everyone else. She also had a meltdown on facebook after I texted her and told her one of my co-workers is apparently a former student of hers. She seems to have had a very specific role in her mind for me to play (I firmly believe she was hoping to use me as leverage, either real or for her own emotional well-being, in some weird non-relationship she has with some guy she's sleeping with who won't commit to her), and when I turned out to be too smart to walk into that role, she started trying to force me into it. There are too many other people in the world for me to deal with someone whose only use for me is of that nature.

PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 2:55 am 
The Master

Powerful thing to recognize so early on. I commend you for that. Too many times have I gotten wrapped up in perceived obligations with relationship dynamics. Ive used women for my own emotional crutch and tend to seek women who need the same.

Historically speaking, of course.

PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 2:57 am 
Posting (live)

Lament wrote:

I think I'm done with the teacher. She seems to be involved in some elaborate game of some sorts, and I'd rather not be a participant in whatever weird web she's weaving. She's one of those people who very much is the thing she attacks in everyone else. She also had a meltdown on facebook after I texted her and told her one of my co-workers is apparently a former student of hers. She seems to have had a very specific role in her mind for me to play (I firmly believe she was hoping to use me as leverage, either real or for her own emotional well-being, in some weird non-relationship she has with some guy she's sleeping with who won't commit to her), and when I turned out to be too smart to walk into that role, she started trying to force me into it. There are too many other people in the world for me to deal with someone whose only use for me is of that nature.

Damn skippy. You did it right.

PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 3:00 am 
The Master

Kaius wrote:
Lament wrote:

This is what you get when you don't drink. Clarity.

PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 3:03 am 
Posting (live)

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Kaius wrote:
Lament wrote:

This is what you get when you don't drink. Clarity.

I'm drunk right now chudly

PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 3:06 am 
The Master

Lament, care to dribble on about what dating is like not being a drinker? Like, what do you do? Drink water and talk?

PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 3:14 am 
Posting (live)

Dr. Pepper I hope.

PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 3:24 am 
Commissioner

Strat wrote:
Lament, care to dribble on about what dating is like not being a drinker? Like, what do you do? Drink water and talk?

Yeah, there's a lot of that. Well, not so much water, but Dr Pepper. But there is definitely a lot of walking and talking. Long drives. A great first date when I lived in Chicago would often end up on the waterfront in Milwaukee. Here a great one will end up on one of the coasts (depending on which city I'm in). I guess it kinda makes things a bit more intensely personal. I think in some ways it speeds up the process. There's still a lot of hanging out in bars and clubs (if the other person is into it, cause I obviously enjoy those types of places as well), but they seem to occur a few dates down the line as opposed to on the first one. When I was younger I'd find a lot of people hesitant to get involved with me because I didn't drink, but in the past few years I've found people to be far more accepting of it than they used to be.

PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 3:30 am 
Gym Leader

Lament wrote:
Strat wrote:

Yeah, there's a lot of that. Well, not so much water, but Dr Pepper. But there is definitely a lot of walking and talking. Long drives. A great first date when I lived in Chicago would often end up on the waterfront in Milwaukee. Here a great one will end up on one of the coasts (depending on which city I'm in). I guess it kinda makes things a bit more intensely personal. I think in some ways it speeds up the process. There's still a lot of hanging out in bars and clubs (if the other person is into it, cause I obviously enjoy those types of places as well), but they seem to occur a few dates down the line as opposed to on the first one. When I was younger I'd find a lot of people hesitant to get involved with me because I didn't drink, but in the past few years I've found people to be far more accepting of it than they used to be.

the Dr. Pepper makes me able to accept it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 205  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion