The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 205  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Tue April 22, 2014 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Commissioner
 Profile

Joined: Wed March 13, 2013 12:48 am
Posts: 14366
How's it going, Strat?

_________________
TEAM HARMLESS FOREVER...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Tue April 22, 2014 1:59 am 
Online
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 8044
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
Strat wrote:
8-) :thumbsup: :peace:

Is that the hymen breaker?

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Last edited by Rangi Guy on Tue April 22, 2014 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Tue April 22, 2014 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 31919
Location: Mountains
Lament wrote:
How's it going, Strat?



Hey, guy.

Closing weekend at Vail. Met a pretty gal on the mountain. It's a massive shit show of costumes, drinking, games, grilling, drinking, skiing. had some fun with her and skied down the mountain. Decided to settle things down and we went to a nice hotel bar in the Village. 1 on 1 for a few hours. Spent the night. Good gal. We look forward to going out again.

Nice when it happens naturally like that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Tue April 22, 2014 2:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
Commissioner
 Profile

Joined: Wed March 13, 2013 12:48 am
Posts: 14366
Outstanding! Glad to hear you had such a successful weekend.

:thumbsup:

_________________
TEAM HARMLESS FOREVER...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Tue April 22, 2014 2:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 17836
guys, I gotta admit I feel like I'm getting pretty caught up in your sex lives, and I'm worried I might be developing a bit of an obsession. either you guys gotta quit this or I gotta quit the board, so maybe just chill please, k?

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Dev thinks that his philosophical rants make sense and are easily followable and logical.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Wed April 23, 2014 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 31919
Location: Mountains
Strat wrote:
Lament wrote:
How's it going, Strat?



Hey, guy.

Closing weekend at Vail. Met a pretty gal on the mountain. It's a massive shit show of costumes, drinking, games, grilling, drinking, skiing. had some fun with her and skied down the mountain. Decided to settle things down and we went to a nice hotel bar in the Village. 1 on 1 for a few hours. Spent the night. Good gal. We look forward to going out again.

Nice when it happens naturally like that.



Date tonight. bup bup.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Wed April 23, 2014 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 57581
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Strat wrote:
Lament wrote:
How's it going, Strat?



Hey, guy.

Closing weekend at Vail. Met a pretty gal on the mountain. It's a massive shit show of costumes, drinking, games, grilling, drinking, skiing. had some fun with her and skied down the mountain. Decided to settle things down and we went to a nice hotel bar in the Village. 1 on 1 for a few hours. Spent the night. Good gal. We look forward to going out again.

Nice when it happens naturally like that.

:luv:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Wed April 23, 2014 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 57581
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I'm rooting for both of you crazy kids. Big time.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Wed April 23, 2014 4:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 31919
Location: Mountains
Tonight I pick her up and we grab some Pho. Low key. Everyone in town has been partying far too much over the past week with Closing Day festivities. Keep it light. Fit. perhaps some games, music and a movie. Yea? Yea.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Fri April 25, 2014 10:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Commissioner
 Profile

Joined: Wed March 13, 2013 12:48 am
Posts: 14366
So...how did the Pho date go?

I feel like I've failed at keeping this thread updated with the teacher situation.

:(

_________________
TEAM HARMLESS FOREVER...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 2:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 31919
Location: Mountains
Lament wrote:
So...how did the Pho date go?

I feel like I've failed at keeping this thread updated with the teacher situation.

:(



Now is the time to rectify it? How is it going or is there nothing to report?

The date went great! We ended up going to a local brewery for dinner instead. LIttle more laid back. A single drink, good food, i ran into a couple of friends there so she was able to meet them. Ended up back at my place to play a yahtzee and watch a movie. Will be getting together tuesday night again!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 2:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
Commissioner
 Profile

Joined: Wed March 13, 2013 12:48 am
Posts: 14366
Nice! What did your friends think of her?

I think I'm done with the teacher. She seems to be involved in some elaborate game of some sorts, and I'd rather not be a participant in whatever weird web she's weaving. She's one of those people who very much is the thing she attacks in everyone else. She also had a meltdown on facebook after I texted her and told her one of my co-workers is apparently a former student of hers. She seems to have had a very specific role in her mind for me to play (I firmly believe she was hoping to use me as leverage, either real or for her own emotional well-being, in some weird non-relationship she has with some guy she's sleeping with who won't commit to her), and when I turned out to be too smart to walk into that role, she started trying to force me into it. There are too many other people in the world for me to deal with someone whose only use for me is of that nature.

_________________
TEAM HARMLESS FOREVER...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 2:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 31919
Location: Mountains
Powerful thing to recognize so early on. I commend you for that. Too many times have I gotten wrapped up in perceived obligations with relationship dynamics. Ive used women for my own emotional crutch and tend to seek women who need the same.

Historically speaking, of course.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 2:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 19519
Lament wrote:
Nice! What did your friends think of her?

I think I'm done with the teacher. She seems to be involved in some elaborate game of some sorts, and I'd rather not be a participant in whatever weird web she's weaving. She's one of those people who very much is the thing she attacks in everyone else. She also had a meltdown on facebook after I texted her and told her one of my co-workers is apparently a former student of hers. She seems to have had a very specific role in her mind for me to play (I firmly believe she was hoping to use me as leverage, either real or for her own emotional well-being, in some weird non-relationship she has with some guy she's sleeping with who won't commit to her), and when I turned out to be too smart to walk into that role, she started trying to force me into it. There are too many other people in the world for me to deal with someone whose only use for me is of that nature.

Damn skippy. You did it right.

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 3:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 47446
Location: Sector 7-G
Kaius wrote:
Lament wrote:
Nice! What did your friends think of her?

I think I'm done with the teacher. She seems to be involved in some elaborate game of some sorts, and I'd rather not be a participant in whatever weird web she's weaving. She's one of those people who very much is the thing she attacks in everyone else. She also had a meltdown on facebook after I texted her and told her one of my co-workers is apparently a former student of hers. She seems to have had a very specific role in her mind for me to play (I firmly believe she was hoping to use me as leverage, either real or for her own emotional well-being, in some weird non-relationship she has with some guy she's sleeping with who won't commit to her), and when I turned out to be too smart to walk into that role, she started trying to force me into it. There are too many other people in the world for me to deal with someone whose only use for me is of that nature.

Damn skippy. You did it right.

This is what you get when you don't drink. Clarity.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 3:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 19519
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Kaius wrote:
Lament wrote:
Nice! What did your friends think of her?

I think I'm done with the teacher. She seems to be involved in some elaborate game of some sorts, and I'd rather not be a participant in whatever weird web she's weaving. She's one of those people who very much is the thing she attacks in everyone else. She also had a meltdown on facebook after I texted her and told her one of my co-workers is apparently a former student of hers. She seems to have had a very specific role in her mind for me to play (I firmly believe she was hoping to use me as leverage, either real or for her own emotional well-being, in some weird non-relationship she has with some guy she's sleeping with who won't commit to her), and when I turned out to be too smart to walk into that role, she started trying to force me into it. There are too many other people in the world for me to deal with someone whose only use for me is of that nature.

Damn skippy. You did it right.

This is what you get when you don't drink. Clarity.

I'm drunk right now chudly

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 3:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 31919
Location: Mountains
Lament, care to dribble on about what dating is like not being a drinker? Like, what do you do? Drink water and talk?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 3:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 19519
Dr. Pepper I hope.

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 3:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Commissioner
 Profile

Joined: Wed March 13, 2013 12:48 am
Posts: 14366
Strat wrote:
Lament, care to dribble on about what dating is like not being a drinker? Like, what do you do? Drink water and talk?


Yeah, there's a lot of that. Well, not so much water, but Dr Pepper. But there is definitely a lot of walking and talking. Long drives. A great first date when I lived in Chicago would often end up on the waterfront in Milwaukee. Here a great one will end up on one of the coasts (depending on which city I'm in). I guess it kinda makes things a bit more intensely personal. I think in some ways it speeds up the process. There's still a lot of hanging out in bars and clubs (if the other person is into it, cause I obviously enjoy those types of places as well), but they seem to occur a few dates down the line as opposed to on the first one. When I was younger I'd find a lot of people hesitant to get involved with me because I didn't drink, but in the past few years I've found people to be far more accepting of it than they used to be.

_________________
TEAM HARMLESS FOREVER...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Adventures in Datin' with Strat and Lament!
PostPosted: Sun April 27, 2014 3:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11284
Lament wrote:
Strat wrote:
Lament, care to dribble on about what dating is like not being a drinker? Like, what do you do? Drink water and talk?


Yeah, there's a lot of that. Well, not so much water, but Dr Pepper. But there is definitely a lot of walking and talking. Long drives. A great first date when I lived in Chicago would often end up on the waterfront in Milwaukee. Here a great one will end up on one of the coasts (depending on which city I'm in). I guess it kinda makes things a bit more intensely personal. I think in some ways it speeds up the process. There's still a lot of hanging out in bars and clubs (if the other person is into it, cause I obviously enjoy those types of places as well), but they seem to occur a few dates down the line as opposed to on the first one. When I was younger I'd find a lot of people hesitant to get involved with me because I didn't drink, but in the past few years I've found people to be far more accepting of it than they used to be.

the Dr. Pepper makes me able to accept it


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 205  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BurtReynolds, Rangi Guy and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue January 23, 2018 8:02 am