The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3067, 3068, 3069, 3070, 3071, 3072, 3073 ... 3086  Next
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Thu November 08, 2018 1:07 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

theplatypus wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Just got home. Been a rough week.

The video game tournament has been tough on all of us

Haha, I wish I could say that was the cause. That's been a (mostly) fun distraction.

PostPosted: Thu November 08, 2018 2:45 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Just got home. Been a rough week.

whys that?

PostPosted: Thu November 08, 2018 7:20 pm 
Posting (live)

i put a sticker on the space next to my trackpad on my work laptop, and now i'm questioning it

PostPosted: Thu November 08, 2018 7:24 pm 
Worst Moderator

bodysnatcher wrote:
i put a sticker on the space next to my trackpad on my work laptop, and now i'm questioning it

PostPosted: Thu November 08, 2018 7:25 pm 
Posting (live)

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

PostPosted: Thu November 08, 2018 7:27 pm 
Posting (live)

i'm going out with my best bud tonight for some beers. we do it every week, and unfortunately, he and his family are moving down to Oregon in a few weeks. so i'm trying to capitalize on time spent with him. just got looped into a 7pm–8pm meeting tonight, wtf. looks like i'll be walking out to my car and doing it from my drivers seat. fuck that.

PostPosted: Thu November 08, 2018 7:29 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Who has a meeting that late? Or is it a time zone thing?

PostPosted: Thu November 08, 2018 7:52 pm 
Posting (live)

bune wrote:
Who has a meeting that late? Or is it a time zone thing?

yeah, global teams. had a 8:00 call this morning with a team member in Berlin, and the call tonight with our team in Tokyo. we're experimenting with this globalization team concept, and it's horse shit bc there are only 3 of us. dunno how 3 people are supposed to support all these teams without checking out of life.

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 12:34 am 
The Master

My best friend is becoming very unstable mentally. Before getting into an abusive relationship a while ago, he already had a lot of trust issues, but after that, those developed into paranoid delusions, and last night they become so intense that I think he suffered a bit of a psychotic break. It's a weird balancing act when I talk to him about it, because I don't want to say I don't believe him, but I'm not sure how much I should entertain what sound like, as I said, paranoid delusions with no basis in reality.

Out of sheer exhaustion and desperation, he is driving back to Wisconsin tonight to stay with his dad for a while. A little part of me wonders if he's going to come back.

a lot of hurt

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 12:53 am 
Rank This Poster

so to top off everything with my brother this week, while we are texting this morning he tells me he just talked to my stepfather and the stepfather wasnt feeling so well

i call him (stepfather) and ask how he is doing and he says not to well. aside from his age he is a marine and italian so stubborness is way too light a word to describe him.

i ask whats wrong and he says he is sore and dizzy and thinking about calling an ambulance (im 3.1 miles away) and i ask why he hasnt. he said he is waiting another 2 hours or so to see if he feels better.

i reiterate if he is thinking about calling an ambulance to do it now. he then tells me he is sore because he fell down the top of the stairs (13 stairs) and...

then in interrupt him and tell him he is either calling the ambulance or i am

once hes there at the hospital he says he didnt want me to fret or worry about him and that hes being a pain in the ass....

i cannot get through to the guy thats the only reason me and my brother live next door so we can be close to him and if something like this happens he has to let us know

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 1:10 am 
AnalLog

You're a good man, Jerry. Geezers like him need that kind of treatment. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 2:12 pm 
Rank This Poster

The spring time change always gets me but this past one has me thrown off too.

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 4:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
My best friend is becoming very unstable mentally. Before getting into an abusive relationship a while ago, he already had a lot of trust issues, but after that, those developed into paranoid delusions, and last night they become so intense that I think he suffered a bit of a psychotic break. It's a weird balancing act when I talk to him about it, because I don't want to say I don't believe him, but I'm not sure how much I should entertain what sound like, as I said, paranoid delusions with no basis in reality.

Out of sheer exhaustion and desperation, he is driving back to Wisconsin tonight to stay with his dad for a while. A little part of me wonders if he's going to come back.

Does he have meds and/or a therapist of some sort in CO?

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 4:55 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Peeps wrote:
so to top off everything with my brother this week, while we are texting this morning he tells me he just talked to my stepfather and the stepfather wasnt feeling so well

i call him (stepfather) and ask how he is doing and he says not to well. aside from his age he is a marine and italian so stubborness is way too light a word to describe him.

i ask whats wrong and he says he is sore and dizzy and thinking about calling an ambulance (im 3.1 miles away) and i ask why he hasnt. he said he is waiting another 2 hours or so to see if he feels better.

i reiterate if he is thinking about calling an ambulance to do it now. he then tells me he is sore because he fell down the top of the stairs (13 stairs) and...

once hes there at the hospital he says he didnt want me to fret or worry about him and that hes being a pain in the ass....

i cannot get through to the guy thats the only reason me and my brother live next door so we can be close to him and if something like this happens he has to let us know

Damn dude, everyone is falling apart around you. Really sorry to hear it, I hope you an shake it off somehow and feel a little lighter in spirits this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 5:00 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

No. My wife and I have been nearly begging him to get professional help for years. He needs it very badly.

a lot of hurt

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 5:02 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Peeps wrote:

Man, that sounds like what my dad - also a Marine, but not Italian - would do. I think even his last collapse was basically, "I'm fine, don't worry about me" but they put him in the hospital anyway. Tough old bastards who still think they're tough young bastards.

Hope it's going well.

Last edited by bune on Fri November 09, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 5:09 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

just sitting on the patio with a coffee watching malibu burn :(

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 5:18 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

No. My wife and I have been nearly begging him to get professional help for years. He needs it very badly.

it's shitty. personally, i would disengage in hopes that he might be more compelled to seek out help; hopefully he'll do that when he's with his dad. FWIW, Stuff You Should Know did a great episode on Empathy that I just happened to listen to this morning, and they talk a lot about the difference between Cognitive Empathy and Emotional Empathy. The upshot is that Emotional Empathy can very often serve as an enabling behavior to the one who's suffering, while Cognitive Empathy plays out more like a "tough love" approach.

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 5:26 pm 
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

Accepted a promotion of sorts. $300 more a month but a lot more responsibility/stress. We will see how it goes. :?

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 5:27 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

it's shitty. personally, i would disengage in hopes that he might be more compelled to seek out help; hopefully he'll do that when he's with his dad. FWIW, Stuff You Should Know did a great episode on Empathy that I just happened to listen to this morning, and they talk a lot about the difference between Cognitive Empathy and Emotional Empathy. The upshot is that Emotional Empathy can very often serve as an enabling behavior to the one who's suffering, while Cognitive Empathy plays out more like a "tough love" approach.

Yeah, this is never going to happen. We hang out with him 2-4 days per week. He’s our best friend and has been for a long time. He’s not toxic or draining at all to us; he just doesn’t know how to value himself. The cruelest possible thing to do would be to not be here for him right now. He has almost no one.

I will continue to do everything I can to help him and encourage him to seek help. But regardless of whether he does, I will always be his friend.

a lot of hurt

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3067, 3068, 3069, 3070, 3071, 3072, 3073 ... 3086  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion