Switch to full style
Everything else not related to the other forums
Post a reply

Re: Talk About Your Day Thread

Wed May 16, 2018 5:17 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:lol physical health is not a prerequisite for talent. Why would anyone think that?

Harder to be good at anything if you're dying durr

Wed May 16, 2018 5:17 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:lol physical health is not a prerequisite for talent. Why would anyone think that?

I think they might be conflating talent with fame.

Wed May 16, 2018 5:18 pm

There are tons of amazing directors out there who are fat AF

Wed May 16, 2018 5:23 pm

It seems especially true with women. I think of all my favorite female visual artists that I follow, none of them are uggos, and I didn't know what they looked like before. In fact, they usually turn out to be extremely attractive.

Wed May 16, 2018 5:25 pm

Seems true with dudes as well though. Maybe it's a chicken and egg thing. More successful people can afford to take care of themselves better, so they tend to look better.

Wed May 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Whenever unhealthy people achieve success it's difficult for them to maintain it for long... and when they do they're probably miserable company and nobody
healthy wants to breed with them.

Wed May 16, 2018 5:30 pm

tree_ wrote:Whenever unhealthy people achieve success it's difficult for them to maintain it for long... and when they do they're probably miserable company and nobody

:?

Wed May 16, 2018 5:32 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:Whenever unhealthy people achieve success it's difficult for them to maintain it for long... and when they do they're probably miserable company and nobody

:?

I'm talking in extremes here... I'm probably somewhere in the mildly unhealthy zone

Wed May 16, 2018 5:37 pm

I would make for a terrible and short lived success.

Wed May 16, 2018 5:41 pm

you’re the most successful rmer, burt

Wed May 16, 2018 5:43 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:Is it just me or do beautiful people also tend to be the most talented? Life isn't fair.

This feels very easy to disprove as confirmation bias but I don't have the energy (probably bc of my poor health)

Wed May 16, 2018 5:47 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:you’re the most successful rmer, burt

I'm beautiful though. of course I am.

Wed May 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Where do y'all stand on Laurel vs. Yanny

Wed May 16, 2018 6:15 pm

The first time I heard yanny. Every time after was laurel. Weird.

Wed May 16, 2018 6:18 pm

theplatypus wrote:Where do y'all stand on Laurel vs. Yanny

These sorts of distractions are precisely why the Chinese will win.

Wed May 16, 2018 6:19 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:you’re the most successful rmer, burt

I'm beautiful though. of course I am.

no matter what they say

Wed May 16, 2018 6:32 pm

My high school's quarterback begs to differ.

Wed May 16, 2018 6:33 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:The first time I heard yanny. Every time after was laurel. Weird.

Same here.

Good to know we were right.
tragabigzanda wrote:
theplatypus wrote:Where do y'all stand on Laurel vs. Yanny

These sorts of distractions are precisely why the Chinese will win.

If you could read Chinese you'd see their twitter is blowing up too. Pleb.

Wed May 16, 2018 6:59 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:

My high school's quarterback begs to differ.

Wed May 16, 2018 7:55 pm

Today on my bike commute to work, I passed three HPD officers on horseback before stopping at an intersection. While waiting for the light to change I became completely mesmerized by a window washer high up on the side of the Marriott, tethered by nothing but bungees and plungers. He looked like an insect up there, systematically wiping and climbing. Higher and higher.

I imagined people inside the room, thirty floors up, enjoying a cup of coffee, opening up their curtains and then being startled by the sight. How many things do you think that window washer sees on the job? How often do people see him? How long does it take him to do this? Would you do a few floors a day?

I completely lost myself in thought watching this guy while the light turned green and the mounted cavalry passed me, then snapped out of it when one of the officers looked down at me and said, "pretty high, huh?" If I actually had been stoned that would have scared the shit out of me.
Last edited by washing machine on Wed May 16, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post a reply