The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2865, 2866, 2867, 2868, 2869, 2870, 2871 ... 3051  Next
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:30 am 
Posting (live)

doug rr wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
doug rr wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
Is his wife hot?

is your wife hot?

why would you care, you're gay now

i'm not...it was a false alarm

you should see my new shoes

i'd love to see you in your new shoes

*struts

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:35 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 WWW  Profile

I took a nap after dinner now it's nearing the Midnight hour, I have to get up at 7, and I'm contemplating how to approach this. Too late for a trazodone.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:10 pm 
Future Drummer

We finally have so nice warm, sunny weather happening so I'm gonna water-seal part of the deck today. :hooray:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:16 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 WWW  Profile

doone wrote:
We finally have so nice warm, sunny weather happening so I'm gonna water-seal part of the deck today. :hooray:

Walk me through your process. I need to do this.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:22 pm 
Future Drummer

tree_ wrote:
doone wrote:

Walk me through your process. I need to do this.

Start at the farthest corner and work my way to the door? :mrgreen:

Our deck is older and has been water-sealed before. I cleaned it with a pressure washer last week. My plan is to just apply it and try to keep my dog off it til it dries. I bought a special applicator pad that's the same width as a deck board but you can use a roller (i just didn't want all the splash back).

oh! and don't forget to stretch first!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:23 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Sitting in the sweltering gymnatorium waiting for 8th grade graduation to start.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:31 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
Sitting in the sweltering gymnatorium waiting for 8th grade graduation to start.

Congratulations! You're almost old to post on RM.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:44 pm 
I swallowed my face just to keep from biting

At least it's not a cafegymatorium

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:56 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

CopperTom wrote:
At least it's not a cafegymatorium

Take it to the make up a band name thread.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:05 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:

I’m too old to post anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:47 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:

You and me both, pal. But I feel like I'm pot committed at this point.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:05 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Here's something... Since my terrible meltdown the other day, I've been on my absolute best behavior at work. I never want to feel that way again. More importantly, I never want to make someone feel (how I can only imagine that delivery guy felt) that way again. I'm working on all my bad habits and getting back to what made me good at and enjoy this job so much in the first place.

Anyway, here's what just happened:

Customer walks in. I turn on the microphone, switch from the internet computer to the ticketing system computer, sit up straight, smile and make eye contact with the approaching customer. The customer stops about eight feet from the ticket window. This happens a lot. Usually when someone wants to look up at the price screen before beginning the transaction or if they're on the phone and want to complete their call before stepping up.

I maintain eye contact and I'm just about to say hello to the customer when he touches his ear and begins talking. The mic doesn't pick up what he's saying, so I say into the mic and say, "I'm sorry, I didn't hear what you said." The customer grimaces and rolls his eyes at me. "I'm sorry?" I repeat. The customer says, "I didn't know if you were open and available, I was waiting for you to say something."

Now, I'm a little confused. But so be it. He's not wrong. I could have spoken up and said hello a moment sooner but I didn't want to pressure the guy if he wasn't ready to talk to me yet and I thought my non-verbal cues (eye contact, smile, ready posture) were a good indication that I was open and available for sales. Does't matter.

Me: "Oh, sorry about that. How can I help you?"
Customer: "I wanted tickets for [give me the date he wants]"
Me: "And how many seats were you looking for?"
Customer: "Two."
Me: "Great. And did you have a price range in mind or are you just looking for best available --"
Customer "Yeah, it's center orchestra. Row [gives me the row], seats [gives me the exact locations he wants], and it's $149.

I type in what he's looking for. It's available. I confirm his order and the total. He hands me his card. I complete the transaction. I keep thinking he's saying something (ringing up the tickets and printing them takes less than a minute), at first I asked him if he'd spoken. He didn't respond, so I let it go. When it happened again, I smiled and leaned forward again, eyebrows arched, to indicate that I didn't catch what he'd said. He touched his ear again and shook his head like he hadn't actually spoken. Whatever.

Tickets printed. I confirmed the info (date and time), put them in an envelope, handed everything threw the slot, and said, "Alright, thank you so much. Enjoy the show."

He stood there for a second. Then looked at me with this horribly, genuinely offended expression and said, "Uck, I guess not," and stormed away. I was baffled and said, "I'm sorry, what happened?" He didn't respond. He just hung out in the lobby for a minute, out of my view, and then left.

I have no idea what happened but I feel like I got a little, tiny, taste of my own bad medicine. I deserve worse and I'm sure Karma has something worse coming. But I think I'm ready for it. I didn't get mad at the guy. It was confusing but I'm able to shake it off. I feel like this is progress, maybe.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:09 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

That's a weird story. In the absence of any hard facts, I have to conclude that you're still a monster.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:11 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:

You and me both, pal. But I feel like I'm pot committed at this point.

All-in

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:12 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Maybe he bought the tickets for the delivery guy and himself.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:14 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

durdencommatyler wrote:
Here's something... Since my terrible meltdown the other day, I've been on my absolute best behavior at work. I never want to feel that way again. More importantly, I never want to make someone feel (how I can only imagine that delivery guy felt) that way again. I'm working on all my bad habits and getting back to what made me good at and enjoy this job so much in the first place.

Anyway, here's what just happened:

Customer walks in. I turn on the microphone, switch from the internet computer to the ticketing system computer, sit up straight, smile and make eye contact with the approaching customer. The customer stops about eight feet from the ticket window. This happens a lot. Usually when someone wants to look up at the price screen before beginning the transaction or if they're on the phone and want to complete their call before stepping up.

I maintain eye contact and I'm just about to say hello to the customer when he touches his ear and begins talking. The mic doesn't pick up what he's saying, so I say into the mic and say, "I'm sorry, I didn't hear what you said." The customer grimaces and rolls his eyes at me. "I'm sorry?" I repeat. The customer says, "I didn't know if you were open and available, I was waiting for you to say something."

Now, I'm a little confused. But so be it. He's not wrong. I could have spoken up and said hello a moment sooner but I didn't want to pressure the guy if he wasn't ready to talk to me yet and I thought my non-verbal cues (eye contact, smile, ready posture) were a good indication that I was open and available for sales. Does't matter.

Me: "Oh, sorry about that. How can I help you?"
Customer: "I wanted tickets for [give me the date he wants]"
Me: "And how many seats were you looking for?"
Customer: "Two."
Me: "Great. And did you have a price range in mind or are you just looking for best available --"
Customer "Yeah, it's center orchestra. Row [gives me the row], seats [gives me the exact locations he wants], and it's $149.

I type in what he's looking for. It's available. I confirm his order and the total. He hands me his card. I complete the transaction. I keep thinking he's saying something (ringing up the tickets and printing them takes less than a minute), at first I asked him if he'd spoken. He didn't respond, so I let it go. When it happened again, I smiled and leaned forward again, eyebrows arched, to indicate that I didn't catch what he'd said. He touched his ear again and shook his head like he hadn't actually spoken. Whatever.

Tickets printed. I confirmed the info (date and time), put them in an envelope, handed everything threw the slot, and said, "Alright, thank you so much. Enjoy the show."

He stood there for a second. Then looked at me with this horribly, genuinely offended expression and said, "Uck, I guess not," and stormed away. I was baffled and said, "I'm sorry, what happened?" He didn't respond. He just hung out in the lobby for a minute, out of my view, and then left.

I have no idea what happened but I feel like I got a little, tiny, taste of my own bad medicine. I deserve worse and I'm sure Karma has something worse coming. But I think I'm ready for it. I didn't get mad at the guy. It was confusing but I'm able to shake it off. I feel like this is progress, maybe.

Please direct me to where I can find more information about this meltdown.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:18 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

my very elderly neighbors contacted me today about purchasing their house/property..gotta say i'm interested and need to contact my real estate agent that also renovates

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:22 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 WWW  Profile

After reading your story, Tyler, I think it's safe to assume you're hovering around the same ambiguous 'on-spectrum-or-not-?' realm as me.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:23 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

tragabigzanda wrote:
That's a weird story. In the absence of any hard facts, I have to conclude that you're still a monster.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:23 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Maybe he bought the tickets for the delivery guy and himself.

Maybe. If that's the case, I wish the delivery guy had come in so I could apologize.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2865, 2866, 2867, 2868, 2869, 2870, 2871 ... 3051  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion