The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 405, 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411 ... 427  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Sat February 10, 2018 2:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 26, 2014 12:08 am
Posts: 5689
Location: the afterlife...
Dev wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
These are all good questions and wonderings...

r u high

No... I don't smoke when I'm sick. I may eat some chocolate thc soon, tho

_________________
Dev wrote:
Thip is no the best poster ever like you say.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Sun February 11, 2018 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6506
Location: Oslo, Norway
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
doug rr wrote:
tell me your thoughts on Dr Dog

Lol I'm seeing them in April with doc and Chloe. Good stuff

What would you recommend from them?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2018 6:35 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1442
The Syrians/ Iranians sent a drone to encroach on Israeli airspace, so the Israelis sent up an F-16 which got shot down.

A couple of things:

1. The Ruskies have a number of IR seeking missiles with equivalent range to their radar/ radio counterparts. Did the Israelis scramble a fighter because they don't have a longer range* version of the Python?

2. There was a random twitter claim of a 'SAM trap' with a large number of missiles launched by the Syrians against the F-16. I think Korea has a wild weasel type variant of the F-16, but is there any sort of F-16 with significant electronic warfare capability?

*with the Russian emphasis on long range IR sensors to offset stealth, it would stand to reaaon that the new devices would work as well in a missile as in a plane


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2018 7:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 16294
Location: Lft Craquepeau
Image

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2018 8:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6506
Location: Oslo, Norway
There could probably be a thread about stuff like that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2018 8:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 2092
Location: Most likely at the office...
Ruddo, I haven't got my calendar handy. What night is the Rodrigo y Gabriella concert I have tickets for? Cheers.

_________________
Free boops today.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2018 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu February 02, 2017 10:39 am
Posts: 2092
Location: Most likely at the office...
Don't stress Rudd! Found out its on the 13th of March. All g.

_________________
Free boops today.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 51988
simple schoolboy wrote:
The Syrians/ Iranians sent a drone to encroach on Israeli airspace, so the Israelis sent up an F-16 which got shot down.

A couple of things:

1. The Ruskies have a number of IR seeking missiles with equivalent range to their radar/ radio counterparts. Did the Israelis scramble a fighter because they don't have a longer range* version of the Python?

2. There was a random twitter claim of a 'SAM trap' with a large number of missiles launched by the Syrians against the F-16. I think Korea has a wild weasel type variant of the F-16, but is there any sort of F-16 with significant electronic warfare capability?

*with the Russian emphasis on long range IR sensors to offset stealth, it would stand to reaaon that the new devices would work as well in a missile as in a plane

I don't know much about what is going on with this, haven't read up on it yet, but I did see that the Israelis are saying the drone they shot down was similar in engineering to one the Iranians captured in the past...

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Tue February 13, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 51988
Higgs wrote:
Don't stress Rudd! Found out its on the 13th of March. All g.

Whew!

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Wed February 14, 2018 7:02 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1442
Apparently we killed some number of Russian contractors on the behalf of Syrian Rebels defending an oilfield/ Syrian Rebel base (with American advisers present).

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/13/world/europe/russia-syria-dead.html


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Sun February 18, 2018 7:02 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1442
Russians acknowledge loss of Russians (non-military in Syria). I think Wagner was previously involved in the Ukraine.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/putins-shadow-army-suffers-a-setback-in-syria

What could we have done in 2008 in Georgia to deter the Russians? We may have had limited options, but we let them rule the day and the narrative.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Mon February 19, 2018 3:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 ICQ  Profile

Joined: Mon February 19, 2018 2:53 am
Posts: 1961
Bump

_________________
Quote:
Bump for Diane Muffjat


Quote:
Interested in cultivating a relationship with me in my secret lair? Just ask!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Mon February 19, 2018 3:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 51988
simple schoolboy wrote:
Russians acknowledge loss of Russians (non-military in Syria). I think Wagner was previously involved in the Ukraine.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/putins-shadow-army-suffers-a-setback-in-syria

What could we have done in 2008 in Georgia to deter the Russians? We may have had limited options, but we let them rule the day and the narrative.

We will never deter them. In Georgia, Ukraine, or any other prior USSR territory. Not while Putin is in power, at least

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Mon February 19, 2018 3:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 10420
Location: Space City
The solution is simple: remove Putin.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Mon February 19, 2018 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 13700
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Does the Soviet Union really love Putin or are they just scared of him?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2018 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 51988
Yes

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2018 5:31 am 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:41 am
Posts: 1442
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
Russians acknowledge loss of Russians (non-military in Syria). I think Wagner was previously involved in the Ukraine.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/putins-shadow-army-suffers-a-setback-in-syria

What could we have done in 2008 in Georgia to deter the Russians? We may have had limited options, but we let them rule the day and the narrative.

We will never deter them. In Georgia, Ukraine, or any other prior USSR territory. Not while Putin is in power, at least


If these countries were brought into NATO in the early 2000s and forward deployed tactical nuke gravity bombs*, still no deterrence?

There's a school of thought that even suggesting NATO membership to Ukraine and Georgia was reckless and brought this upon us (i.e. Pat Buchannan).

*Do the Europeans have anything replacing the Tornado that maintains the ability to deploy nuclear bombs, or are all their eggs in the Eurofighter/ Rafale basket?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Tue February 27, 2018 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51828
Location: Sector 7-G
Ruddo why are you quitting your job?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Tue February 27, 2018 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 52476
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Ruddo why are you quitting your job?

he’s moving in with me, his new boyfriend

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Just ask Ruddo
PostPosted: Tue February 27, 2018 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51828
Location: Sector 7-G
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Ruddo why are you quitting your job?

he’s moving in with me, his new boyfriend

congrats on (finally) coming out of the closet


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 405, 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411 ... 427  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BurtReynolds, Majestic-12 [Bot], Peeps and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri November 16, 2018 12:06 am