Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: The Random Picture Thread

Tue August 01, 2017 11:04 pm

since marvel started this shared universe it seems studios are really trying to figure out how to capitalize

Tue August 01, 2017 11:34 pm

Wed August 02, 2017 12:15 am

bodysnatcher wrote:Image

I might hang that on my door. That's gonna get me though some rough days!

Wed August 02, 2017 12:15 am

Wed August 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Wed August 02, 2017 4:23 pm

I read an article written by one of those guys after that picture first circulated. Apparently they're all great dudes and it was all of us on the internet who were the ones being douches the whole time. Odd, as I would have thought it's always the other way around when it comes to viral photos reinforcing stereotypes.

Spoiler: show
(Yeah yeah, that caption has nothing to do with the frattiness of those bros, but we were all thinking it...eh? eh?)

Wed August 02, 2017 4:50 pm

What?

Wed August 02, 2017 4:55 pm

That picture is usually captioned with something lame like "when a Sperry sale is announced outside of the Mitt Romney rally" or something equally unimaginative. One of the guys in the picture used it as an opportunity to write a sort of defensive op-ed to the internet about how we got them all wrong. I was sarcastically implying that the internet never gets stereotypes and captions wrong. That's all.

Wed August 02, 2017 5:19 pm

washing machine wrote:That picture is usually captioned with something lame like "when a Sperry sale is announced outside of the Mitt Romney rally" or something equally unimaginative. One of the guys in the picture used it as an opportunity to write a sort of defensive op-ed to the internet about how we got them all wrong. I was sarcastically implying that the internet never gets stereotypes and captions wrong. That's all.

You should delete your previous post about it and replace it with this. It makes much more sense.

Wed August 02, 2017 5:26 pm

I thought it was just an "all white guys look the same" thing

Wed August 02, 2017 5:27 pm

What's done is done.

Wed August 02, 2017 5:28 pm

theplatypus wrote:I thought it was just an "all white guys look the same" thing

It's got subtle layers about American whiteness that you would never understand, being from a third world country and all.

Wed August 02, 2017 5:35 pm

washing machine wrote:

It's got subtle layers about American whiteness that you would never understand, being from a third world country and all.

Oh yeah. A trained eye can pick out the ones that went to college, the ones who grew up poor, the druggies, etc. I've got most of those guys nailed down, and they are quite a diverse group

Wed August 02, 2017 5:37 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
washing machine wrote:

Oh yeah. A trained eye can pick out the ones that went to college, the ones who grew up poor, the druggies, etc. I've got most of those guys nailed down, and they are quite a diverse group

So inspiring.

Wed August 02, 2017 5:45 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
washing machine wrote:

Just count the teeth.

Thu August 03, 2017 12:33 am

Thu August 03, 2017 8:04 am

apologies in advance

Thu August 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Welcome to Trump's America.

Also, what is an "abortion attempt"? Do you think a doctor was involved or just a bunch of weed?

Thu August 03, 2017 12:57 pm

B wrote:Welcome to Trump's America.

Also, what is an "abortion attempt"? Do you think a doctor was involved or just a bunch of weed?

I don't think weed causes abortions

Thu August 03, 2017 6:31 pm

malice wrote:
B wrote:Welcome to Trump's America.

I don't think weed causes abortions

I know that, chud.
Post a reply