The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2286 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 115  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Sun October 06, 2013 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:23 pm
Posts: 570
Location: By The Sea.
Mostly because I wanted to post these reimagined film posters which I thought were really awesome.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/4/47994 ... ade-runner

But also because I wanted to post this about a lake which petrifies anything that enters it.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/10/any-a ... -to-stone/

_________________
Strat wrote:
I trust no one who thinks parachutes is a terrible song.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Sun October 06, 2013 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 44623
I wanted to start a spin-off thread called "favorite school mammaries". But then I chickened out.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Sun October 06, 2013 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
post-structuralist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:22 pm
Posts: 14814
Location: faked by jorge
I thought of starting a thread called suggest custom ranks for RMers - but the only one I had was :

remod: women in sweatpants kind of guy

_________________
Dev wrote:
im such a nice guy and malice is total garbage.


Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Sun October 06, 2013 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:41 pm
Posts: 18711
I thought about starting an "Ask RM a question" thread, where people could either ask specific people a question, or put one out there for anyone to answer. But then I asked my own question in the "Talk About Your Day" thread instead.

_________________
RisingTides wrote:
There is more kindness on the internet than we would care to admit to ourselves. Sometimes we are so afraid of falling victim to a ruse, we miss out on actual opportunities.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Sun October 06, 2013 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 44623
malice wrote:
I thought of starting a thread called suggest custom ranks for RMers - but the only one I had was :

remod: women in sweatpants kind of guy

I. I uh...

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Sun October 06, 2013 4:04 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7703
I kinda want to start an ultrarunning thread in sports.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Sun October 06, 2013 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
post-structuralist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:22 pm
Posts: 14814
Location: faked by jorge
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
malice wrote:
I thought of starting a thread called suggest custom ranks for RMers - but the only one I had was :

remod: women in sweatpants kind of guy

I. I uh...

it was some post you made!

_________________
Dev wrote:
im such a nice guy and malice is total garbage.


Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Sun October 06, 2013 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 44623
malice wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
malice wrote:
I thought of starting a thread called suggest custom ranks for RMers - but the only one I had was :

remod: women in sweatpants kind of guy

I. I uh...

it was some post you made!

I know

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Tue October 08, 2013 2:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5943
Location: Space City
I just saw a chair appraised for $15000 on antique road show.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Tue October 08, 2013 2:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46611
Location: Sector 7-G
Hey, Reid.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Tue October 08, 2013 2:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 13367
Location: Lft Craquepeau
surface the north wrote:
I just saw a chair appraised for $15000 on antique road show.

Was it a recliner with a built in toilet and fridge? If so, I'm sold.

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Tue October 08, 2013 2:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:17 pm
Posts: 2275
Location: On a live wire right up off the street.
I feel like this is what an electronic album by Primus would sound like.

_________________
Self wrote:
Every time I get to be a bachelor, I order Chinese. Twice a year, I gorge on broccoli 'n beef and crab rangoons. The guilt reminds me of masturbation. So does the rice.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Tue October 08, 2013 2:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
Technical Overlord
 Profile

Joined: Sat April 13, 2013 8:18 pm
Posts: 6286
Location: earf
I would like to take Nana to see Antique Road Show live someday.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Tue October 08, 2013 3:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 13367
Location: Lft Craquepeau
Whitey McTeeth wrote:
I would like to take Nana to see Antique Road Show live someday.

I miss my Nana.

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Tue October 08, 2013 9:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 29385
harmless wrote:
I thought about starting an "Ask RM a question" thread, where people could either ask specific people a question, or put one out there for anyone to answer. But then I asked my own question in the "Talk About Your Day" thread instead.


Ask me if I think that's a good thread idea.

_________________
*Led Zeppelin Mega Tournament: Click here*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Tue October 08, 2013 10:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:17 pm
Posts: 2275
Location: On a live wire right up off the street.
http://oldpeoplefacebook.tumblr.com/

_________________
Self wrote:
Every time I get to be a bachelor, I order Chinese. Twice a year, I gorge on broccoli 'n beef and crab rangoons. The guilt reminds me of masturbation. So does the rice.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Tue October 08, 2013 8:03 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu June 13, 2013 8:45 pm
Posts: 265
I was starting to develop a bit of a crush on the sixth Doctor Who, until I realised that he is now about 70. :gomez: A bit like Jeff Ament.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 3:50 pm 
Offline
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 18594
Location: the beach
I've always wanted to make a thread for my love of Elton John music pre 1980


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 44623
doug rr wrote:
I've always wanted to make a thread for my love of Elton John music pre 1980

I would post in that thread. I heart Lady Samantha.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Stuff you want to post without starting a thread.
PostPosted: Thu October 10, 2013 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:41 pm
Posts: 18711
stip wrote:
harmless wrote:
I thought about starting an "Ask RM a question" thread, where people could either ask specific people a question, or put one out there for anyone to answer. But then I asked my own question in the "Talk About Your Day" thread instead.


Ask me if I think that's a good thread idea.


Is that a good thread idea, stip? Be careful how you answer. If you say "Yes," we may both get mocked. If you say "No," we may both get mocked.

_________________
RisingTides wrote:
There is more kindness on the internet than we would care to admit to ourselves. Sometimes we are so afraid of falling victim to a ruse, we miss out on actual opportunities.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2286 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 115  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed November 22, 2017 10:10 pm