Switch to full style
Everything else not related to the other forums (We've gone 0 DAYS without a petty, childish argument!)
Post a reply

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Sat November 21, 2020 6:17 pm

Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:everybody in my department got one of those last year except me...when we go back into the office on a regular basis i may get one though since i'm less fat/lazy now

you're a sex symbol now

how so

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Sat November 21, 2020 6:47 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:everybody in my department got one of those last year except me...when we go back into the office on a regular basis i may get one though since i'm less fat/lazy now

you're a sex symbol now

how so

dude, ur hot now

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Sat November 21, 2020 7:06 pm

Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:everybody in my department got one of those last year except me...when we go back into the office on a regular basis i may get one though since i'm less fat/lazy now

you're a sex symbol now

how so

dude, ur hot now

trust me, i’m not...i look goofy af

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Mon November 23, 2020 1:00 pm

lenny, any of the females in the office give you a riser?

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Mon November 23, 2020 4:29 pm

Peeps wrote:lenny, any of the females in the office give you a riser?

:naughty:

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Mon November 23, 2020 4:31 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Dev wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:everybody in my department got one of those last year except me...when we go back into the office on a regular basis i may get one though since i'm less fat/lazy now

you're a sex symbol now

how so

dude, ur hot now

trust me, i’m not...i look goofy af

No you don't. Just look at you:

Image

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Mon November 23, 2020 5:14 pm

What did you do to Lenny, thatplatypus?

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Mon November 23, 2020 9:51 pm

We're actually pretty busy. A lot of areas have been consolidated and our head count is way down from last year. Those of us that are left have our hands full even though our overall work load as a division is way down from last year.
These three days leading into Thanksgiving are typically crazy busy but today didn't feel any different than the past few weeks.

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Mon November 23, 2020 11:48 pm

ugh i'm likely going to have to travel the week of december 7th...my boss is going too and i don't know what the travel plans are, but i'm probably going to tell her i'd prefer to drive...it's probably 11-12 hours, but i really want to be able to control my environment better than i can flying

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Tue November 24, 2020 12:07 am

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:ugh i'm likely going to have to travel the week of december 7th...my boss is going too and i don't know what the travel plans are, but i'm probably going to tell her i'd prefer to drive...it's probably 11-12 hours, but i really want to be able to control my environment better than i can flying


id back ya 100% lenny. i dont see why people want to fly with this going on

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Tue November 24, 2020 12:39 am

:thumbsup:

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Tue November 24, 2020 12:50 am

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:ugh i'm likely going to have to travel the week of december 7th...my boss is going too and i don't know what the travel plans are, but i'm probably going to tell her i'd prefer to drive...it's probably 11-12 hours, but i really want to be able to control my environment better than i can flying


if you'd like my help, we can map out a drive for you where you are able to stop at some awesome bbq hole in the walls and maybe a few local fast food joints that fry most everything and and you can get a dipped soft serve...let me know

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Sun December 13, 2020 3:29 am

I'm faced with an ethical issue at work. There's a new boss in the chain and all of a sudden my little unit is being asked to do something I'm uncomfortable with. I see it as a pretty clear violation of the ethical standards of my profession and a betrayal of some of the promises that our organization makes to our clients. I raised this issue lightly on Friday to put the idea in people's heads that this is not OK, and said that it was something I wanted to discuss in our regular meeting on Monday. The only response I got was my boss offering a couple tweaks that I don't think address the issue at all.
It's probably an indication that I really don't like this job that I haven't spent the weekend fantasizing that they will be convinced that I'm right and change tack. Instead, I'm fantasizing that I'll be forced to die on this hill and resign. I'd honestly be OK with it. Might be kind of fun

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Sun December 13, 2020 3:31 am

The Argonaut wrote:I'm faced with an ethical issue at work. There's a new boss in the chain and all of a sudden my little unit is being asked to do something I'm uncomfortable with. I see it as a pretty clear violation of the ethical standards of my profession and a betrayal of some of the promises that our organization makes to our clients. I raised this issue lightly on Friday to put the idea in people's heads that this is not OK, and said that it was something I wanted to discuss in our regular meeting on Monday. The only response I got was my boss offering a couple tweaks that I don't think address the issue at all.
It's probably an indication that I really don't like this job that I haven't spent the weekend fantasizing that they will be convinced that I'm right and change tack. Instead, I'm fantasizing that I'll be forced to die on this hill and resign. I'd honestly be OK with it. Might be kind of fun

good luck

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Sun December 13, 2020 3:32 am

Are you still working with the swans, or are you back in the information sciences ?

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Sun December 13, 2020 3:32 am

Yeah that sucks if the boss is in on doing something shady to clients. That ship is gonna go down.

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Sun December 13, 2020 3:34 am

tragabigzanda wrote:Are you still working with the swans, or are you back in the information sciences ?

They were ducks you donkey

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Sun December 13, 2020 3:35 am

Bammer wrote:Yeah that sucks if the boss is in on doing something shady to clients. That ship is gonna go down.

doubtfully

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Sun December 13, 2020 3:59 am

Bammer wrote:Yeah that sucks if the boss is in on doing something shady to clients. That ship is gonna go down.

It's not a screwing-over-clients-to-get-ahead kind of thing. More of a mindlessly-licking-boots-of-new-boss kind of thing

Re: Work / Job / Career thread

Sun December 13, 2020 4:02 am

you're just looking for a reason to quit, aren't you?
Post a reply