The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3613 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 181  Next
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2019 4:04 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Kids rule. Especially age 6 and above. Babies are super cute too.

PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2019 6:12 am 
Posting (live)

Having never really been around babies/toddlers on an every day basis before, I'm really enjoying seeing my son develop and learn new things every day. Every month just gets better and better.

PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2019 4:47 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

That's a really great period. It gets even better when they can start carrying their own stuff around so you're not burdened every time you want to go anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue February 19, 2019 6:22 pm 
Posting (live)

bune wrote:
That's a really great period. It gets even better when they can start carrying their own stuff around so you're not burdened every time you want to go anywhere.

That's the dream right there.

PostPosted: Sun March 10, 2019 8:52 pm 

Our daughter getting selected out of the lottery for the local preschool (only $225 per month with bussing both ways) is the most relieved we've been regarding anything about her since she got discharged from the NICU. She turns 4 on September 12th, which also means she'll get to go for two years, and, apparently--we didn't know this until after she got selected--this means the twins don't have to enter the lottery and are automatically in, so in 2 years we won't have to go through the same stress with them.

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 4:25 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Less stress is always awesome.

My son got into the high school program he wanted so he's excited. He also found out that one of his friends got into it as well so he's even more relieved: The high school would be a boundary exception and he was worried about not knowing anyone.

I figure he's going to regret that about one month in when they get different friend groups.

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 4:27 pm 
Posting (live)

That's awesome ST!

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 3:06 am 
Posting (live)

Our youngest tried out for the Middle School cheer team all last week. We finally got the news she made it. Then, they proceeded to tell us cheer camp in the summer was $300+ dollars. And, get this, they're already starting practice now, and because it's being held at one of the local gymnastics places, we have to pay $60 a week. Just for fucking cheerleading practice!

I'm officially the dad of a cheerleader. God help me.

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 3:58 am 
The Master

Simple Torture wrote:
Our daughter getting selected out of the lottery for the local preschool (only $225 per month with bussing both ways) is the most relieved we've been regarding anything about her since she got discharged from the NICU. She turns 4 on September 12th, which also means she'll get to go for two years, and, apparently--we didn't know this until after she got selected--this means the twins don't have to enter the lottery and are automatically in, so in 2 years we won't have to go through the same stress with them.

i hope your insurance offerings include a dependent flexible spending account

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2019 11:39 pm 
Future Drummer

Simple Torture wrote:

That's awesome S/T. Really happy for you.

We lost out on the lottery, but our 4-year-old daughter is doing well at a local private pre-school - it's expensive, but open 'till 6 pm which is key for two full-time working parents. ;)

I have other friends who have told me that siblings are always guaranteed to have spots in these lottery situations, which makes sense.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 5:26 am 
Mind Your Tanners

You should pump out a few more kids and then sell the lottery spots

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 11:05 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Simple Torture wrote:

Either you left off a zero on the end of that preschool cost or you are a lucky SOB

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 11:10 am 

Bi_3 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Either you left off a zero on the end of that preschool cost or you are a lucky SOB

Noooooooooooooope ::air horn:: ::air horn::

Even when the twins get in, it'll only be $550 per month.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 2:02 pm 
Future Drummer

Bammer wrote:
You should pump out a few more kids and then sell the lottery spots

Haha, nope, we are one kid and done. That's enough. I'm too old at this point anyway and I'd like to retire someday. :)

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2019 1:19 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2019 1:20 pm 

That sums up parenthood nicely.

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2019 3:58 pm 
Posting (live)

That's a good one.

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2019 4:02 pm 

Last night when my daughter (3.5 years old) was going to bed, she tried to take a big fluffy blanket off of the couch as she walked by it. My wife told her no, that she uses it when she sits on the couch, that she would tuck her into bed and make her comfy and cozy. At 2:00AM last night, our daughter snuck out of her room, got the blanket from the couch, snuck into our room, woke my wife up, and said to her: "I told you I would take it." Psychopath in the making.

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2019 5:15 pm 

Simple Torture wrote:
Last night when my daughter (3.5 years old) was going to bed, she tried to take a big fluffy blanket off of the couch as she walked by it. My wife told her no, that she uses it when she sits on the couch, that she would tuck her into bed and make her comfy and cozy. At 2:00AM last night, our daughter snuck out of her room, got the blanket from the couch, snuck into our room, woke my wife up, and said to her: "I told you I would take it." Psychopath in the making.

and so what was the punishment? don't be a pushover.

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2019 5:32 pm 
Rank This Poster

Chris_H_2 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

and so what was the punishment? don't be a pushover.

i hope he holds out sex with mom until she learns to keep her word

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3613 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 181  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion