The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 162  Next
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Sat January 20, 2018 11:55 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

B wrote:
Everyone balled.

PostPosted: Sun January 21, 2018 12:14 am 
Rank This Poster

96583UP wrote:
B wrote:
Everyone balled.

PostPosted: Sun January 21, 2018 12:50 am 
Polluted

Nobody went with the crying Jordan?

PostPosted: Sun January 21, 2018 2:57 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Classic ball

PostPosted: Sun January 21, 2018 6:15 pm 
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

daft twat wrote:
Quote:
Our cat was losing weight and vomiting a couple of times a week for years. The kids knew he was sick.

He suddenly blew up like a basketballand the vet said cancer and gave him weeks. We told the kids that and the 5yo and 9yo balled. Then he was in so much pain, we put him down like 4 days later (a god damned week before Christmas). Everyone balled. The 11yo had the hardest time that day. Once a week or so, there is some sadness as something reminds us all of him.

I actually ordered a picture book from Shutterfly b/c the kids wanted one to remember him by. I'm sure there will be much crying from all when that arrives.

Hell, it was hard for me too. That cat predated my marriage. I took him to the vet and held him as he died.

I know I'm a bad person. I've put down pets, and it's awful. But if you're going to compare the animal to a basketball, you've got to spell 'bawled' correctly or I'm going to laugh at the image that comes to my mind.

I was too grief stricken to properly consider my grammar. Now you guys have forced me to relive this extremely painful moment in my life with the added trauma of your abuse.

PostPosted: Sun January 21, 2018 7:13 pm 
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

B is balling his eyes out

PostPosted: Sun January 21, 2018 7:37 pm 
Future Drummer

B wrote:
daft twat wrote:
Quote:
Our cat was losing weight and vomiting a couple of times a week for years. The kids knew he was sick.

He suddenly blew up like a basketballand the vet said cancer and gave him weeks. We told the kids that and the 5yo and 9yo balled. Then he was in so much pain, we put him down like 4 days later (a god damned week before Christmas). Everyone balled. The 11yo had the hardest time that day. Once a week or so, there is some sadness as something reminds us all of him.

I actually ordered a picture book from Shutterfly b/c the kids wanted one to remember him by. I'm sure there will be much crying from all when that arrives.

Hell, it was hard for me too. That cat predated my marriage. I took him to the vet and held him as he died.

I know I'm a bad person. I've put down pets, and it's awful. But if you're going to compare the animal to a basketball, you've got to spell 'bawled' correctly or I'm going to laugh at the image that comes to my mind.

I was too grief stricken to properly consider my grammar. Now you guys have forced me to relive this extremely painful moment in my life with the added trauma of your abuse.

Your grammar was fine; it was the spelling that was on the low-end of retarded.

PostPosted: Mon January 22, 2018 6:18 pm 
Rank This Poster

daft twat wrote:
Quote:

I didn't even notice, but now I'm trying not to snort at work.

PostPosted: Tue January 30, 2018 4:11 pm 
Rank This Poster

My son recently got Minecraft for his phone. Because he's too young to have an account, I signed into my Xbox live account for it. Because of this I get notifications like, "Wow, you got an achievement for making an axe!". Whatever.

Anyway, I get one at 9:58 at night and so I try to talk to him about it the next day. The usual teenage "I didn't do it I don't know why you don't believe me!" started up until I told him that I don't care. That confused him. I said I don't care what you do but if your grades start to slip (and he's got a 4.0) then it's over entirely.

Why does this matter? He woke me up at 10:00 last night to tell me that he's on this server that has this awesome whatever and if he doesn't log in every day it will disappear. And he prefaced this with, "Now remember, you said that you don't care about this."

We're going to have another talk about this, I think.

PostPosted: Tue January 30, 2018 4:34 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bune wrote:
My son recently got Minecraft for his phone. Because he's too young to have an account, I signed into my Xbox live account for it. Because of this I get notifications like, "Wow, you got an achievement for making an axe!". Whatever.

Anyway, I get one at 9:58 at night and so I try to talk to him about it the next day. The usual teenage "I didn't do it I don't know why you don't believe me!" started up until I told him that I don't care. That confused him. I said I don't care what you do but if your grades start to slip (and he's got a 4.0) then it's over entirely.

Why does this matter? He woke me up at 10:00 last night to tell me that he's on this server that has this awesome whatever and if he doesn't log in every day it will disappear. And he prefaced this with, "Now remember, you said that you don't care about this."

We're going to have another talk about this, I think.

lol I'd let it go. don't go back on your words. he will lose respect.

PostPosted: Tue January 30, 2018 4:44 pm 
Rank This Poster

I'm not going back on it, I'm just going to clarify further from "grades" to "grades and MY sleep".

PostPosted: Tue January 30, 2018 4:52 pm 
AnalLog

wease wrote:
B wrote:
Guys, I love my 11 year old, but fuck!

I find myself leaving a room just so he can't ask me another idiotic question, tell me another pointless fact, or start another boring story which he forgets before he's finished.

Wait till he’s 14. We’ve started hiding out in our bedroom because the kids pretty much ran us out of the living room. We’ll be trying to watch tv and the 14-year-old will come in and talk and ask questions and generally annoy the fuck out of us. It takes an hour and a half to watch a 22-minute show.

Buy him an Xbox, allow him to have it in his room and have no rules surrounding it's use. You'll only ever see him for occasional meals again.

PostPosted: Tue January 30, 2018 5:07 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bune wrote:
I'm not going back on it, I'm just going to clarify further from "grades" to "grades and MY sleep".

ok fair

PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 5:29 pm 
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Discussion with my 11yr old ...

O: Do you know what Scratch is?
Me: No.
O proceeds to explain what scratch is. It's some kind of coding app.
O: What games to you think were coded in Scratch?

Is he just fucking with me? How am I supposed to know the history of an app that he JUST explained to me!?

PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 11:03 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

B wrote:
Discussion with my 11yr old ...

O: Do you know what Scratch is?
Me: No.
O proceeds to explain what scratch is. It's some kind of coding app.
O: What games to you think were coded in Scratch?

Is he just fucking with me? How am I supposed to know the history of an app that he JUST explained to me!?

My kids use scratch too. It's mostly full of Minecraft and Call of Duty ripoffs as far as I can tell.

PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 11:40 pm 
Rank This Poster

I think it's a block based interface to get people into coding or something.

PostPosted: Mon February 12, 2018 4:22 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

My son is 9 months old today and he started "singing" during the breakdown of Stairway to Heaven in the car this morning. He was mimicking the guitar. I've never been more proud.

PostPosted: Mon February 12, 2018 7:47 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Monkey_Driven wrote:
My son is 9 months old today and he started "singing" during the breakdown of Stairway to Heaven in the car this morning. He was mimicking the guitar. I've never been more proud.

Aw huh

PostPosted: Mon February 12, 2018 9:03 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

wease wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Aw huh

He's a prodigy.

PostPosted: Mon February 12, 2018 9:43 pm 
Rank This Poster

Monkey_Driven wrote:
wease wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Aw huh

He's a prodigy.

Smack that bitch up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 162  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion