The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Sun February 25, 2018 2:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 8712
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
So - discovered last night when my 2 year old daughter came wandering downstairs to tell me that she'd found shoe, that she can now flip herself out of her cot. Today's task now is securing all the things she will no doubt try to climb that are in her room

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri February 22, 2013 5:59 pm
Posts: 1377
Does anyone have recommendations for parental control software, preferably with a keylogger, for android devices?
I need to know what little duder is up to...

Free would be ideal, but a cheap monthly fee is ok too.

_________________
You have to shave your nipples if you want to be with me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 8951
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
My 9yo was having a tantrum today and fucking punched me square in the face. Gave me a bloody nose.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 8712
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
B wrote:
My 9yo was having a tantrum today and fucking punched me square in the face. Gave me a bloody nose.

How did you react to that one?

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 8951
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Rangi Guy wrote:
B wrote:
My 9yo was having a tantrum today and fucking punched me square in the face. Gave me a bloody nose.

How did you react to that one?

First I yelled, "Jeeesus Christ!" as I grabbed my face. I went to go check my nose in the bathroom.

By then he was wailing and crying and begging me to come back b/c he was sorry.

We talked for a long time. He couldn't believe he did it, so it went a long way to getting him out of his tantrum and behaving appropriately.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 8712
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
B wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
B wrote:
My 9yo was having a tantrum today and fucking punched me square in the face. Gave me a bloody nose.

How did you react to that one?

First I yelled, "Jeeesus Christ!" as I grabbed my face. I went to go check my nose in the bathroom.

By then he was wailing and crying and begging me to come back b/c he was sorry.

We talked for a long time. He couldn't believe he did it, so it went a long way to getting him out of his tantrum and behaving appropriately.

It's fair to say that I think you handled that much better than I would have

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 15768
Location: Lft Craquepeau
Rangi Guy wrote:
B wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
B wrote:
My 9yo was having a tantrum today and fucking punched me square in the face. Gave me a bloody nose.

How did you react to that one?

First I yelled, "Jeeesus Christ!" as I grabbed my face. I went to go check my nose in the bathroom.

By then he was wailing and crying and begging me to come back b/c he was sorry.

We talked for a long time. He couldn't believe he did it, so it went a long way to getting him out of his tantrum and behaving appropriately.

It's fair to say that I think you handled that much better than I would have

Same. I would've set fire to his xbox.

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 8712
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
B wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
B wrote:
My 9yo was having a tantrum today and fucking punched me square in the face. Gave me a bloody nose.

How did you react to that one?

First I yelled, "Jeeesus Christ!" as I grabbed my face. I went to go check my nose in the bathroom.

By then he was wailing and crying and begging me to come back b/c he was sorry.

We talked for a long time. He couldn't believe he did it, so it went a long way to getting him out of his tantrum and behaving appropriately.

It's fair to say that I think you handled that much better than I would have

Same. I would've set fire to his xbox after nailing it to his crotch.


Yeah - this about where I'm at

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 15768
Location: Lft Craquepeau
:lol:

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 8951
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Well, he's on anti-depressants and seeing a counselor, so I've got practice.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49155
B wrote:
Well, he's on anti-depressants and seeing a counselor, so I've got practice.

your 9 year old?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 8951
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
B wrote:
Well, he's on anti-depressants and seeing a counselor, so I've got practice.

your 9 year old?


Actually, it's anxiety medication, not anti-depressants. He's stressed.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:23 am
Posts: 2335
Location: The In Between
Real talk: I don’t like one of my kids. He’s 11. Thing is, I’ve never liked him. He was colicky as a baby, violent and belligerent as a toddler, and just a selfish, thoughtless, stupid, and unlikeable fuck in all of the years since. His younger brother is the complete opposite, and it just magnifies everything about the older one that I don’t like. I’m not going to drive him off a cliff or anything, but it makes me incredibly depressed that I actually regularly think about him leaving in 7 years. The younger one is literally saving my life every day. I would have killed myself by now if he wasn’t here. How fucked is that?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 8712
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
daft twat wrote:
Real talk: I don’t like one of my kids. He’s 11. Thing is, I’ve never liked him. He was colicky as a baby, violent and belligerent as a toddler, and just a selfish, thoughtless, stupid, and unlikeable fuck in all of the years since. His younger brother is the complete opposite, and it just magnifies everything about the older one that I don’t like. I’m not going to drive him off a cliff or anything, but it makes me incredibly depressed that I actually regularly think about him leaving in 7 years. The younger one is literally saving my life every day. I would have killed myself by now if he wasn’t here. How fucked is that?

I have similar issues with one of my stepsons. My wife thinks that he may be on the autism spectrum. He just keeps saying the most offensive stuff - half asses any jobs we give him and then expects that we'll just pay for all this dumb shit he wants but won't work towards.
I feel really guilty about it and just don't know how to bond with him.

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 8951
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
I want to beat the shit out of my 11 year old.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 15768
Location: Lft Craquepeau
They say your first born is a carbon copy of their father.

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:04 pm 
Online
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 4849
Location: Washington State
That combined with something I saw on twitter about kids learning from the way you act is rocking me this morning. Thanks.

My son has been swinging between his usual self and a weird hormone-ridden teenager for a couple weeks now. There are times when you seriously want to throttle him but I decided a long time ago to talk to him when he's like this instead of yell or lecture. It helps, but oh my God I can't have little conversations with him all the time, or - in this case - in the middle of a bike ride with cars wizzing by at 30-40 miles per hour.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 13576
Location: Mizzou
Boy turned one on Saturday. He decided to bear crawl everywhere now. Baby proofing is in full force.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 8951
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Questions asked by my 11 year old in the last two days.

Why are so many things black?
Are all baby animals cute?
Do you know about the Indian holiday, Holy?
Is it sometimes warm in April?
When animals at the zoo need to go inside, what is that place like?

Jesus, I hate his questions.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 8592
I'd take those questions over the ones my 11 year old asks. He's always asking me what year questions. "Dad what year did Booster Gold and Blue Beetle first team up?" ..... "uh, no idea" ..... <look like I just told him his mother is a whore>. We just came back from Disney. "Dad, what year did this ride open?....What year was the first Mickey short?....". Endless.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], LazyBones and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu June 21, 2018 6:00 pm