The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next
 Post subject: Re: RM'ers with kids.
PostPosted: Sun October 14, 2018 3:56 pm 
Worst Moderator

you should consider donating some of that extra money to RM

PostPosted: Wed October 17, 2018 3:48 am 
Rank This Poster

My youngest and I slept on the trampoline last night in a sleeping bag.

We looked at the stars and told stories until about 11, then fell asleep.

Kinda of a weird thing to do on a school night, but she wasn't cranky today.

Probably gonna do scary movie night outside on Saturday with our projector and inflatable screen.

PostPosted: Wed October 17, 2018 4:05 am 
Rank This Poster

It's just a damn good thing that Bart’s homeless people didn't stop by to steal your sleeping bags.

PostPosted: Wed October 17, 2018 10:46 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Simple Torture wrote:
The twins moves off of formula this week--this is going to save us $40-$60 per week. Go to college, already, you freeloaders!

Wait until you don’t have to pay for daycare anymore. Then the savings REALLY begin. But then they start attending the money pit known as high school and you wish the only thing you had to pay for was daycare.

PostPosted: Wed October 17, 2018 11:29 am 
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
The twins moves off of formula this week--this is going to save us $40-$60 per week. Go to college, already, you freeloaders!

Wait until you don’t have to pay for daycare anymore. Then the savings REALLY begin. But then they start attending the money pit known as high school and you wish the only thing you had to pay for was daycare.

Yeah, we had a party to celebrate our "Kindergarten Raise."

Turns out, there are lots more other ways that kids suck your money. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed October 17, 2018 12:54 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

wease wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

My in-laws and my parents watch my kids. We would living in a cardboard box if we were trying to pay for daycare.

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 1:56 am 
Mind Your Tanners

So you guys have to pay for your kid's healthcare AND you don't have free/dirt cheap kindergartens?

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 3:15 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Rangi Guy wrote:
So you guys have to pay for your kid's healthcare AND you don't have free/dirt cheap kindergartens?

That's right.

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 3:21 am 
Mind Your Tanners

wease wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

That's right.

Well shit! You guys should come over here

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 10:49 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Rangi Guy wrote:
wease wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

That's right.

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 2:56 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Rangi Guy wrote:
wease wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

That's right.

I've been saying that to my wife for years.

PostPosted: Sat October 20, 2018 1:11 pm 
Future Drummer

wease wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

That's right.

Look, it's one of the reasons my wife and I had only one kid (she's 3 1/2 now) and we waited until we were late into our 30s, both making well over $100,000 per year. You can toss money at a kid problem and it works - had a nanny for awhile and that essentially outsourced the raising of our kid for a few years.

Now, she's in preschool at $1300 per month, but that's chump change when you think about it - what a great deal to go to work while someone watches her from 7 am to 6 pm.

I'm not saying money solves everything, but I am a firm believer at tossing money to ease the pain of raising a child and if that means waiting longer to have a kid so you can become more financially stable go for it.

PostPosted: Sat October 20, 2018 1:16 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Coach wrote:
wease wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

That's right.

Look, it's one of the reasons my wife and I had only one kid (she's 3 1/2 now) and we waited until we were late into our 30s, both making well over $100,000 per year. You can toss money at a kid problem and it works - had a nanny for awhile and that essentially outsourced the raising of our kid for a few years.

Now, she's in preschool at $1300 per month, but that's chump change when you think about it - what a great deal to go to work while someone watches her from 7 am to 6 pm.

I'm not saying money solves everything, but I am a firm believer at tossing money to ease the pain of raising a child and if that means waiting longer to have a kid so you can become more financially stable go for it.

Money bags over here...

PostPosted: Sat October 20, 2018 1:30 pm 
Future Drummer

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Coach wrote:
wease wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

That's right.

Money bags over here...

I didn't mean for it to sound like that. Also, Given2Trade and a few others are the real $$ bosses of this place. lol

Cost of living is very very high in Greater Boston, so the salaries are inflated in many professions, too.

PostPosted: Sat October 20, 2018 9:41 pm 

Coach wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Coach wrote:
wease wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

That's right.

Money bags over here...

I didn't mean for it to sound like that. Also, Given2Trade and a few others are the real $$ bosses of this place. lol

Cost of living is very very high in Greater Boston, so the salaries are inflated in many professions, too.

I'm just teasin'. Kids are expensive as hell. You do you.

PostPosted: Sun October 21, 2018 12:05 pm 
Future Drummer

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Coach wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Coach wrote:
wease wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

That's right.

Money bags over here...

My original post was crass and I count my pennies - I still will have to work well past 65 to ever afford to retire. We're all fucked.

PostPosted: Sun October 21, 2018 12:13 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Coach wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Coach wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Coach wrote:
wease wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

That's right.

Money bags over here...

My original post was crass and I count my pennies - I still will have to work well past 65 to ever afford to retire. We're all fucked.

Retire? What does that mean?

PostPosted: Sun October 21, 2018 6:31 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

wease wrote:
Coach wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Coach wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Coach wrote:
wease wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

That's right.

Money bags over here...

Don't tell me that you don't get government funded retirement payments either.....

PostPosted: Sun October 21, 2018 6:46 pm 

Rangi Guy wrote:
wease wrote:
Coach wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Coach wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Coach wrote:
wease wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:

That's right.

Money bags over here...

Don't tell me that you don't get government funded retirement payments either.....

LOL

PostPosted: Mon October 22, 2018 4:07 pm 

My 18 month old is starting to "help" with chores. He vacuums with his toy vacuum when I vacuum. He hands me the plates from the dishwasher when I put them away. It is adorable and really opens the door to ease my chore list down the road.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion