The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » This gene pool drowning me » Garbage Dump

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Frat / Sorority Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:44 pm 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Dev wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Strat wrote:
Nope.

Went to a couple of parties at my friends frat but always hated them. Just a weird vibe.

Never had any interest.

Knowing what I know about you, I can guarantee there was the right house for you. You just didn’t happen upon it.

I hate the hole concept of it. And living in a house with a bunch of drunk sweaty dudes sounds like my worst nightmare.

I’m a “2-3 friends “ kind of guy

Honestly thought the hole concept would be your favorite part.

Indeed

Maybe you guys should get to know the real strat!

Always thought paying for built in friends in college was lol worthy (yea, yea, i know, thats now what its about).

I had a roomate freshman year, lived alone sophomore year, 3 roommates Junior Year, and lived at home Senior Year. Going out to house parties, dance bars, crowded bars, frat parties....was never something I enjoyed.

I ended up quitting hockey in college because 1) they were all meathead tools, 2) the coaches recruited a lot of players from chicago/st louis area and they were all awful, 3) i had three shoulder surgeries, and 4) i wanted to live in italy/travel, and 5) playing in bands was way more fun.

we had to live in the dorm for our first 2 years..my only condition before i went as a freshman in 1985 was that i would absolutely not room with another baseball player or athlete. I wanted a "normal" student..we both lived to together for the 2 years until i was able to get an apartment off campus..

Im just mostly a homebody, doug. I dont have patience for such tomfoolery. Dorm life was fine for me and my college campus was small. Suited me just fine.

Post subject: Re: The Frat(ernity) / Sorority Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 6:22 pm 
Future Drummer

Did you ever play buck buck?

Mickey wrote:
I definitely think you should put a gun to your head.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 7:02 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

At my school, which was probably fairly representative of other campuses in the south or SEC, the majority of frats were 98-99% white kids. And their frat houses were huge plantation style estates on campus. The black fraternity was off campus in this piece of shit dilapidated house that looked like termites had been eating it for about 15 years. And the Asian kids had a tiny little building that didn’t have housing (just communal rooms) across the street from the chemical engineering building.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:28 pm 
Not as great as you think

Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Dev wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Strat wrote:
Nope.

Went to a couple of parties at my friends frat but always hated them. Just a weird vibe.

Never had any interest.

Knowing what I know about you, I can guarantee there was the right house for you. You just didn’t happen upon it.

I hate the hole concept of it. And living in a house with a bunch of drunk sweaty dudes sounds like my worst nightmare.

Indeed

Always thought paying for built in friends in college was lol worthy (yea, yea, i know, thats now what its about).

I had a roomate freshman year, lived alone sophomore year, 3 roommates Junior Year, and lived at home Senior Year. Going out to house parties, dance bars, crowded bars, frat parties....was never something I enjoyed.

I ended up quitting hockey in college because 1) they were all meathead tools, 2) the coaches recruited a lot of players from chicago/st louis area and they were all awful, 3) i had three shoulder surgeries, and 4) i wanted to live in italy/travel, and 5) playing in bands was way more fun.

Strat, you’ve made two critical typos in this exchange that are taking it off the rails. Get a holed of yourself, now what I mean?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:29 pm 

macphisto wrote:
Did you ever play buck buck?

Never heard of it.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:29 pm 

bodysnatcher wrote:
At my school, which was probably fairly representative of other campuses in the south or SEC, the majority of frats were 98-99% white kids. And their frat houses were huge plantation style estates on campus. The black fraternity was off campus in this piece of shit dilapidated house that looked like termites had been eating it for about 15 years. And the Asian kids had a tiny little building that didn’t have housing (just communal rooms) across the street from the chemical engineering building.

This is ... news?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:34 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Dev wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Strat wrote:
Nope.

Never had any interest.

Indeed

Strat, you’ve made two critical typos in this exchange that are taking it off the rails. Get a holed of yourself, now what I mean?

Is this some sort of sick and twist frat boy joke???

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:46 pm 

Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Dev wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Strat wrote:
Nope.

Never had any interest.

Indeed

Bro scroll up and read your own posts. I’ll give him credit, Dev on the actual joke here.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:49 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Dev wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Strat wrote:
Nope.

Never had any interest.

Indeed

Bro scroll up and read your own posts. I’ll give him credit, Dev on the actual joke here.

Well look at that.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:30 am 

doug rr wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Dev wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Strat wrote:
Nope.

Never had any interest.

Indeed

we had to live in the dorm for our first 2 years..my only condition before i went as a freshman in 1985 was that i would absolutely not room with another baseball player or athlete. I wanted a "normal" student..we both lived to together for the 2 years until i was able to get an apartment off campus..

Holy old balls, Batman! Doug was a freshman in 1985?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:36 am 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Dev wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Strat wrote:
Nope.

Never had any interest.

Indeed

Holy old balls, Batman! Doug was a freshman in 1985?

hey, I'm still younger than chris chandler and hugh millen..

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:01 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Toga

Toga

Toga

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:11 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

is this also the thread where the self-esteem issues are discussed that lead to hazing or should that be in the mental health thread

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:09 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:21 am 

96583UP wrote:
is this also the thread where the self-esteem issues are discussed that lead to hazing or should that be in the mental health thread

I spoke to Jorge about this very briefly. Let me expand:

Hazing was a legit thing at my frat. We were one of, if not the, biggest houses at the school and definitely had the reputation that comes to mind when you think of the term “frat guy.”

That said, the hazing I went through (1999) was likely very mild compared to the 1980s and I can only imagine what it’s like in SEC country or any places where the collective IQ of the student body leaves something to be desired.

After freshman year and becoming the hazer, as opposed to the hazee, I quickly learned that a few guys got sick enjoyment out of it but for most of us the novelty wore off extremely quickly, and hazing each new crop of freshman was much, much more of an obligation than anything else and it was hard to pull enough guys away from Monday Night Football to participate in whatever the “event” was every consecutive week.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:26 am 
The Master

Ok bammer but lambda lambda lambda is a pussy frat TBH

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:34 am 
Looks Like a Cat

still trying to figure out why strat couldn't identify his undergraduate school by name

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:42 am 

tragabigzanda wrote:
Ok bammer but lambda lambda lambda is a pussy frat TBH

We were buds with Delta Iota Kappa house

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:44 am 
The Master

Boy those Mus sure know how to party

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:18 pm 
The Master

Chris_H_2 wrote:
still trying to figure out why strat couldn't identify his undergraduate school by name

St Mary’s university in Winona Minnesota. Three years. Transferred to st Thomas in St Paul for senior year

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » This gene pool drowning me » Garbage Dump