The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:02 pm 
The Master

we’re getting off topic here... let’s get back to how i’ve harmed spike and how in turn spike has harmed many of us

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:02 pm 
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
You refused to give us money when we were in dire need, forcing us to borrow from The_Raz's father, then you criticized me for not "making more money". Wow.

Seriously though, keep your nose to the grindstone and stay positive and you’ll likely see an improvement in your work/life balance for sure and probably bigger and better paydays to come.
Thanks for the advice. But, really, my nose hasn't left the grindstone. We had an unfortunate year of badluck when The_Raz lost her job, at no fault of her own, soon after becoming pregnant, making it difficult if not impossible to find a new job, and we had just bought a house a few months prior. Lenny was aware of all of this and still he refused to take his boot off of our throats.

Look, maybe I'm leaning too hard into the "hard work" aspect of happiness and fiscal comfort. Just latching on to the nice things in life and not taking your work home with you can go a long way...but still, even taking your work home with you to the extent that you are proud of what you are building for yourself and your company can contribute to an overall good life. It's not all about money. (Though it is true that if you work hard, you'll probably see more of it than if you don't work hard.)
I get all this, and I agree, philosophically, that 24/7 hardwork and unhappiness don't necessarily come hand in hand. As a matter of fact, it can be quite the opposite or anywhere in between. Meditation actually helps with this. One can be truly happy in a prison or jail cell. It's all relative and a matter of one's frame of mind. But, when one is struggling financially, it can be quite the burden on one's life. And when one's best friend refuses to offer that which he has an overabundance, then stomps them in the throat and refuses to stop, it can be quite demoralizing. And if nothing else is taken away from the experience, it's that the friend may not be a true best friend, afterall.

all i said was pay for your own sh*t...you can cut back in other areas (beer, video games) if you’re so hard up for money
You have more than enough to just share and stop stomping on mine and The_Raz's throats in the mud. We were trying really hard and drinking and video games are two things that make us happy. We stopped going out to bars and playing pool, already. You know this. Did you expect us to never have any fun aymore? And you knew The_Raz was crying but you still wouldn't stop. All you had to do was send a check and shut up and everything would have been fine.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:05 pm 
The Master

tree_ wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
You refused to give us money when we were in dire need, forcing us to borrow from The_Raz's father, then you criticized me for not "making more money". Wow.

Seriously though, keep your nose to the grindstone and stay positive and you’ll likely see an improvement in your work/life balance for sure and probably bigger and better paydays to come.
Thanks for the advice. But, really, my nose hasn't left the grindstone. We had an unfortunate year of badluck when The_Raz lost her job, at no fault of her own, soon after becoming pregnant, making it difficult if not impossible to find a new job, and we had just bought a house a few months prior. Lenny was aware of all of this and still he refused to take his boot off of our throats.

Look, maybe I'm leaning too hard into the "hard work" aspect of happiness and fiscal comfort. Just latching on to the nice things in life and not taking your work home with you can go a long way...but still, even taking your work home with you to the extent that you are proud of what you are building for yourself and your company can contribute to an overall good life. It's not all about money. (Though it is true that if you work hard, you'll probably see more of it than if you don't work hard.)
I get all this, and I agree, philosophically, that 24/7 hardwork and unhappiness don't necessarily come hand in hand. As a matter of fact, it can be quite the opposite or anywhere in between. Meditation actually helps with this. One can be truly happy in a prison or jail cell. It's all relative and a matter of one's frame of mind. But, when one is struggling financially, it can be quite the burden on one's life. And when one's best friend refuses to offer that which he has an overabundance, then stomps them in the throat and refuses to stop, it can be quite demoralizing. And if nothing else is taken away from the experience, it's that the friend may not be a true best friend, afterall.

all i said was pay for your own sh*t...you can cut back in other areas (beer, video games) if you’re so hard up for money
You have more than enough to just share and stop stomping on mine and The_Raz's throats in the mud. We were trying really hard and drinking and video games are two things that make us happy. We stopped going out to bars and playing pool, already. You know this. Did you expect us to never have any fun aymore? And you knew The_Raz was crying but you still wouldn't stop. All you had to do was send a check and shut up and everything would have been fine.

i am very benevolent with my money to those in my real life who truly are in need...also, you have cable tv and rm, more than enough to keep you entertained and happy

The Master

was there a blowout on here that involved tree's wife?

I obviously missed something.

The Master

Also, spike has been known to be quite the rabble rouser himself.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:06 pm 
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

tree_ wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:

i am very benevolent with my money to those in my real life who truly are in need...also, you have cable tv and rm, more than enough to keep you entertained and happy
"Real life". Wow. Just, wow. This says so much.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:08 pm 
The Master

I dont know what is real anymore here.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:09 pm 
The Master

tree_ wrote:
tree_ wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:

we both know there’s a difference in “knowing” someone here and in person

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:11 pm 
Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

tree_ wrote:
tree_ wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:

I'm just glad The_Raz and I can finally know where you TRULY stand. We will look for a new Godfather for Ezzie Bear immediately.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:12 pm 
Worst Moderator

I think we've all learned a great lesson here today. You can't be happy if you are poor.

The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I think we've all learned a great lesson here today. You can't be happy if you are poor.

and you can't be satisfied if you are rich.

Polluted

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I'll never be happy again.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:13 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

and you can't be satisfied if you are rich.

not true

Polluted

Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Maybe I should try mindful meditation. I heard it works.

Mind Your Tanners
 WWW  Profile

The_Raz and I are happy. But it's sad that we lost what we thought was a very close friend. And we're not poor anymore. We got through it.

The Master

tree_ wrote:
tree_ wrote:
tree_ wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:

I'm just glad The_Raz and I can finally know where you TRULY stand. We will look for a new Godfather for Ezzie Bear immediately.

i still support the raz because she’s pretty cute

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:14 pm 
Worst Moderator

Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

How close are you to downtown Boston?

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:15 pm 
Polluted

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Almost an hour, if there's no traffic.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:16 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:

LOL

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:27 pm 
Worst Moderator

Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Almost an hour, if there's no traffic.

Come have a beer with me at the end of April

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion