The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post subject: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:05 pm 
AnalLog

spike doesn't deserve the rudeness being thrown his way, no matter what domestic troubles he happens to be having. he's doing his best to keep it together and we can't fault him for that. we shouldn't kick a man while he's at his lowest point.

we've lost sight of what RM should be: a tolerant, welcoming community. we need to regain our warmth and sincerity. let's start with respecting spike.

frankly, most of the blame should be placed on lenny for being a terrible friend to spike, and somewhat of a backstabber.

Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:06 pm 
AnalLog

Let The Healing Begin

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:10 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

wow

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:19 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 WWW  Profile

I can attest to David's hand in friendship's retractability.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:23 pm 
The Master

wtf...no

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:26 pm 
The Master

i didn’t know about his domestic troubles, but it still doesn’t justify his lashing out

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:28 pm 
 WWW  Profile

You refused to give us money when we were in dire need, forcing us to borrow from The_Raz's father, then you criticized me for not "making more money". Wow.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:35 pm 
Worst Moderator

tree_ wrote:
You refused to give us money when we were in dire need, forcing us to borrow from The_Raz's father, then you criticized me for not "making more money". Wow.

yeah but you figured it out, didn't you? It was just tough love.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:44 pm 
The Master

tree_ wrote:

Seriously though, keep your nose to the grindstone and stay positive and you’ll likely see an improvement in your work/life balance for sure and probably bigger and better paydays to come.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:49 pm 
 WWW  Profile

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:

Seriously though, keep your nose to the grindstone and stay positive and you’ll likely see an improvement in your work/life balance for sure and probably bigger and better paydays to come.
Thanks for the advice. But, really, my nose hasn't left the grindstone. We had an unfortunate year of badluck when The_Raz lost her job, at no fault of her own, soon after becoming pregnant, making it difficult if not impossible to find a new job, and we had just bought a house a few months prior. Lenny was aware of all of this and still he refused to take his boot off of our throats.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:51 pm 
The Master

tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:

Thanks for the advice. But, really, my nose hasn't left the grindstone. We had an unfortunate year of badluck when The_Raz lost her job, at no fault of her own, soon after becoming pregnant, making it difficult if not impossible to find a new job, and we had just bought a house a few months prior. Lenny was aware of all of this and still he refused to take his boot off of our throats.

Look, maybe I'm leaning too hard into the "hard work" aspect of happiness and fiscal comfort. Just latching on to the nice things in life and not taking your work home with you can go a long way...but still, even taking your work home with you to the extent that you are proud of what you are building for yourself and your company can contribute to an overall good life. It's not all about money. (Though it is true that if you work hard, you'll probably see more of it than if you don't work hard.)

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:53 pm 
The Master

I work from home nowadays. My work is always home with me.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:54 pm 
The Master

hey everyone, let's take it easy on reid..reid doesn't deserve the rudeness being thrown his way, no matter what domestic beer he happens to be having. he's doing his best to keep it together and we can't fault him for that. we shouldn't kick a man while he's at his lowest point.

we've lost sight of what RM should be: a tolerant, welcoming community. we need to regain our warmth and sincerity. let's start with respecting reid.

frankly, most of the blame should be placed on lenny for being a terrible friend to reid, and somewhat of a backstabber.

Last edited by doug rr on Thu March 14, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:55 pm 
The Master

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:

Look, maybe I'm leaning too hard into the "hard work" aspect of happiness and fiscal comfort. Just latching on to the nice things in life and not taking your work home with you can go a long way...but still, even taking your work home with you to the extent that you are proud of what you are building for yourself and your company can contribute to an overall good life. It's not all about money. (Though it is true that if you work hard, you'll probably see more of it than if you don't work hard.)

great advice

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:56 pm 
The Master

doug rr wrote:
hey everyone, let's take it easy on reid..reid doesn't deserve the rudeness being thrown his way, no matter what domestic beer he happens to be having. he's doing his best to keep it together and we can't fault him for that. we shouldn't kick a man while he's at his lowest point.

we've lost sight of what RM should be: a tolerant, welcoming community. we need to regain our warmth and sincerity. let's start with respecting reid.

frankly, most of the blame should be placed on lenny for being a terrible friend to reid, and somewhat of a backstabber.

This doesnt look as good with the editing, doug.

The Master

lol everything

WWW  Profile

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:

I get all this, and I agree, philosophically, that 24/7 hardwork and unhappiness don't necessarily come hand in hand. As a matter of fact, it can be quite the opposite or anywhere in between. Meditation actually helps with this. One can be truly happy in a prison or jail cell. It's all relative and a matter of one's frame of mind. But, when one is struggling financially, it can be quite the burden on one's life. And when one's best friend refuses to offer that which he has an overabundance, then stomps them in the throat and refuses to stop, it can be quite demoralizing. And if nothing else is taken away from the experience, it's that the friend may not be a true best friend, afterall.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:57 pm 
The Master

Strat wrote:
doug rr wrote:

This doesnt look as good with the editing, doug.

that was lenny's fault

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:59 pm 
The Master

tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:

I get all this, and I agree, philosophically, that 24/7 hardwork and unhappiness don't necessarily come hand in hand. As a matter of fact, it can be quite the opposite or anywhere in between. Meditation actually helps with this. One can be truly happy in a prison or jail cell. It's all relative and a matter of one's frame of mind. But, when one is struggling financially, it can be quite the burden on one's life. And when one's best friend refuses to offer that which he has an overabundance, then stomps them in the throat and refuses to stop, it can be quite demoralizing. And if nothing else is taken away from the experience, it's that the friend may not be a true best friend, afterall.

all i said was pay for your own sh*t...you can cut back in other areas (beer, video games) if you’re so hard up for money

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:00 pm 
The Master

jk tree I don’t believe in work

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion