The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:05 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 1657
spike doesn't deserve the rudeness being thrown his way, no matter what domestic troubles he happens to be having. he's doing his best to keep it together and we can't fault him for that. we shouldn't kick a man while he's at his lowest point.

we've lost sight of what RM should be: a tolerant, welcoming community. we need to regain our warmth and sincerity. let's start with respecting spike.

frankly, most of the blame should be placed on lenny for being a terrible friend to spike, and somewhat of a backstabber.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:06 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 1657
Let The Healing Begin


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 24192
wow

_________________
doug rr wrote:
(don't) deal with shit later


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 11182
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
I can attest to David's hand in friendship's retractability.

_________________
daft twat wrote:
Babies are frogs, soon.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 61827
wtf...no

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
This is the definitive battle rap movie ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 61827
i didn’t know about his domestic troubles, but it still doesn’t justify his lashing out

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
This is the definitive battle rap movie ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 11182
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
You refused to give us money when we were in dire need, forcing us to borrow from The_Raz's father, then you criticized me for not "making more money". Wow.

_________________
daft twat wrote:
Babies are frogs, soon.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 54515
tree_ wrote:
You refused to give us money when we were in dire need, forcing us to borrow from The_Raz's father, then you criticized me for not "making more money". Wow.

yeah but you figured it out, didn't you? It was just tough love.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42125
Location: Garbage Dump
tree_ wrote:
You refused to give us money when we were in dire need, forcing us to borrow from The_Raz's father, then you criticized me for not "making more money". Wow.

Seriously though, keep your nose to the grindstone and stay positive and you’ll likely see an improvement in your work/life balance for sure and probably bigger and better paydays to come.

_________________
tree_ wrote:
I think I'm doomed to be foreverly lost in the infinite


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 11182
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
You refused to give us money when we were in dire need, forcing us to borrow from The_Raz's father, then you criticized me for not "making more money". Wow.

Seriously though, keep your nose to the grindstone and stay positive and you’ll likely see an improvement in your work/life balance for sure and probably bigger and better paydays to come.
Thanks for the advice. But, really, my nose hasn't left the grindstone. We had an unfortunate year of badluck when The_Raz lost her job, at no fault of her own, soon after becoming pregnant, making it difficult if not impossible to find a new job, and we had just bought a house a few months prior. Lenny was aware of all of this and still he refused to take his boot off of our throats.

_________________
daft twat wrote:
Babies are frogs, soon.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42125
Location: Garbage Dump
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
You refused to give us money when we were in dire need, forcing us to borrow from The_Raz's father, then you criticized me for not "making more money". Wow.

Seriously though, keep your nose to the grindstone and stay positive and you’ll likely see an improvement in your work/life balance for sure and probably bigger and better paydays to come.
Thanks for the advice. But, really, my nose hasn't left the grindstone. We had an unfortunate year of badluck when The_Raz lost her job, at no fault of her own, soon after becoming pregnant, making it difficult if not impossible to find a new job, and we had just bought a house a few months prior. Lenny was aware of all of this and still he refused to take his boot off of our throats.

Look, maybe I'm leaning too hard into the "hard work" aspect of happiness and fiscal comfort. Just latching on to the nice things in life and not taking your work home with you can go a long way...but still, even taking your work home with you to the extent that you are proud of what you are building for yourself and your company can contribute to an overall good life. It's not all about money. (Though it is true that if you work hard, you'll probably see more of it than if you don't work hard.)

_________________
tree_ wrote:
I think I'm doomed to be foreverly lost in the infinite


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 38235
Location: Mountains
I work from home nowadays. My work is always home with me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:54 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 25461
Location: the beach
hey everyone, let's take it easy on reid..reid doesn't deserve the rudeness being thrown his way, no matter what domestic beer he happens to be having. he's doing his best to keep it together and we can't fault him for that. we shouldn't kick a man while he's at his lowest point.

we've lost sight of what RM should be: a tolerant, welcoming community. we need to regain our warmth and sincerity. let's start with respecting reid.

frankly, most of the blame should be placed on lenny for being a terrible friend to reid, and somewhat of a backstabber.


Last edited by doug rr on Thu March 14, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 61827
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
You refused to give us money when we were in dire need, forcing us to borrow from The_Raz's father, then you criticized me for not "making more money". Wow.

Seriously though, keep your nose to the grindstone and stay positive and you’ll likely see an improvement in your work/life balance for sure and probably bigger and better paydays to come.
Thanks for the advice. But, really, my nose hasn't left the grindstone. We had an unfortunate year of badluck when The_Raz lost her job, at no fault of her own, soon after becoming pregnant, making it difficult if not impossible to find a new job, and we had just bought a house a few months prior. Lenny was aware of all of this and still he refused to take his boot off of our throats.

Look, maybe I'm leaning too hard into the "hard work" aspect of happiness and fiscal comfort. Just latching on to the nice things in life and not taking your work home with you can go a long way...but still, even taking your work home with you to the extent that you are proud of what you are building for yourself and your company can contribute to an overall good life. It's not all about money. (Though it is true that if you work hard, you'll probably see more of it than if you don't work hard.)

great advice

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
This is the definitive battle rap movie ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 38235
Location: Mountains
doug rr wrote:
hey everyone, let's take it easy on reid..reid doesn't deserve the rudeness being thrown his way, no matter what domestic beer he happens to be having. he's doing his best to keep it together and we can't fault him for that. we shouldn't kick a man while he's at his lowest point.

we've lost sight of what RM should be: a tolerant, welcoming community. we need to regain our warmth and sincerity. let's start with respecting reid.

frankly, most of the blame should be placed on lenny for being a terrible friend to reid, and somewhat of a backstabber.

This doesnt look as good with the editing, doug.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42125
Location: Garbage Dump
lol everything

_________________
tree_ wrote:
I think I'm doomed to be foreverly lost in the infinite


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 11182
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
You refused to give us money when we were in dire need, forcing us to borrow from The_Raz's father, then you criticized me for not "making more money". Wow.

Seriously though, keep your nose to the grindstone and stay positive and you’ll likely see an improvement in your work/life balance for sure and probably bigger and better paydays to come.
Thanks for the advice. But, really, my nose hasn't left the grindstone. We had an unfortunate year of badluck when The_Raz lost her job, at no fault of her own, soon after becoming pregnant, making it difficult if not impossible to find a new job, and we had just bought a house a few months prior. Lenny was aware of all of this and still he refused to take his boot off of our throats.

Look, maybe I'm leaning too hard into the "hard work" aspect of happiness and fiscal comfort. Just latching on to the nice things in life and not taking your work home with you can go a long way...but still, even taking your work home with you to the extent that you are proud of what you are building for yourself and your company can contribute to an overall good life. It's not all about money. (Though it is true that if you work hard, you'll probably see more of it than if you don't work hard.)
I get all this, and I agree, philosophically, that 24/7 hardwork and unhappiness don't necessarily come hand in hand. As a matter of fact, it can be quite the opposite or anywhere in between. Meditation actually helps with this. One can be truly happy in a prison or jail cell. It's all relative and a matter of one's frame of mind. But, when one is struggling financially, it can be quite the burden on one's life. And when one's best friend refuses to offer that which he has an overabundance, then stomps them in the throat and refuses to stop, it can be quite demoralizing. And if nothing else is taken away from the experience, it's that the friend may not be a true best friend, afterall.

_________________
daft twat wrote:
Babies are frogs, soon.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:57 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 25461
Location: the beach
Strat wrote:
doug rr wrote:
hey everyone, let's take it easy on reid..reid doesn't deserve the rudeness being thrown his way, no matter what domestic beer he happens to be having. he's doing his best to keep it together and we can't fault him for that. we shouldn't kick a man while he's at his lowest point.

we've lost sight of what RM should be: a tolerant, welcoming community. we need to regain our warmth and sincerity. let's start with respecting reid.

frankly, most of the blame should be placed on lenny for being a terrible friend to reid, and somewhat of a backstabber.

This doesnt look as good with the editing, doug.

that was lenny's fault


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 61827
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tree_ wrote:
You refused to give us money when we were in dire need, forcing us to borrow from The_Raz's father, then you criticized me for not "making more money". Wow.

Seriously though, keep your nose to the grindstone and stay positive and you’ll likely see an improvement in your work/life balance for sure and probably bigger and better paydays to come.
Thanks for the advice. But, really, my nose hasn't left the grindstone. We had an unfortunate year of badluck when The_Raz lost her job, at no fault of her own, soon after becoming pregnant, making it difficult if not impossible to find a new job, and we had just bought a house a few months prior. Lenny was aware of all of this and still he refused to take his boot off of our throats.

Look, maybe I'm leaning too hard into the "hard work" aspect of happiness and fiscal comfort. Just latching on to the nice things in life and not taking your work home with you can go a long way...but still, even taking your work home with you to the extent that you are proud of what you are building for yourself and your company can contribute to an overall good life. It's not all about money. (Though it is true that if you work hard, you'll probably see more of it than if you don't work hard.)
I get all this, and I agree, philosophically, that 24/7 hardwork and unhappiness don't necessarily come hand in hand. As a matter of fact, it can be quite the opposite or anywhere in between. Meditation actually helps with this. One can be truly happy in a prison or jail cell. It's all relative and a matter of one's frame of mind. But, when one is struggling financially, it can be quite the burden on one's life. And when one's best friend refuses to offer that which he has an overabundance, then stomps them in the throat and refuses to stop, it can be quite demoralizing. And if nothing else is taken away from the experience, it's that the friend may not be a true best friend, afterall.

all i said was pay for your own sh*t...you can cut back in other areas (beer, video games) if you’re so hard up for money

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
This is the definitive battle rap movie ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: hey everyone, let's take it easy on spike
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42125
Location: Garbage Dump
jk tree I don’t believe in work

_________________
tree_ wrote:
I think I'm doomed to be foreverly lost in the infinite


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 6:57 am