The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 835, 836, 837, 838, 839, 840, 841 ... 848  Next
 Post subject: Re: Admit Something
PostPosted: Mon June 18, 2018 3:09 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Monkey_Driven wrote:
wease wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
It's just the outline of the shelves and racks in my open closet. At night, through freshly-woken eyes, it looks like a big scary bear.

We talking grizzly, black, or brown bear?

Koala

They're so snuggly!

They’re deadly fucking beasts of death!

PostPosted: Mon June 18, 2018 3:16 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

wease wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
wease wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
It's just the outline of the shelves and racks in my open closet. At night, through freshly-woken eyes, it looks like a big scary bear.

Koala

They're so snuggly!

PostPosted: Mon June 18, 2018 3:17 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Monkey_Driven wrote:
wease wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
wease wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

Koala

They're so snuggly!

Three seconds after that, it mauled that persons face off

PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 3:45 am 
Mind Your Tanners

I didn't realize that Pearl Jam were touring Europe at the moment till I just got an Email from twitter with a tweet from this place about the show being cancelled tonight

PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 1:51 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Who really gives a shit what Pearl Jam is doing? I'm not being edgy, they've just sucked for over a decade now.

PostPosted: Wed June 20, 2018 3:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Ello Sailor wrote:
Who really gives a shit what Pearl Jam is doing? I'm not being edgy, they've just sucked for over a decade now.

I give a shit about what Pearl jam is doing and the next time they are in my area, I would like to go to as many shows as I can.

I'm not convinced they suck yet

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 2:15 am 
Rank This Poster

I have DirecTv. (that's not the admission)
You know how they have music stations in the 800s? I just discovered one is year round Christmas music and have been listening for the past half hour. :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 5:58 pm 
Rank This Poster

Oh man...I'm so glad I don't have DirecTV then. My son plays Christmas music year round (when he's not playing classical or score albums) and it's insane to me.

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 7:19 pm 
The Master

I cannot get past some kind of internal bias against computer-animated movies, and find it a little disturbing when adults praise Pixar.

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 7:23 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I cannot get past some kind of internal bias against computer-animated movies, and find it a little disturbing when adults praise Pixar.

weird, what's the bias about?

also this would've made a great addition to today's Top Five Topic

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 7:24 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

weird, what's the bias about?

also this would've made a great addition to today's Top Five Topic

That they are all little kid movies for babies

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 7:26 pm 
The Master

LoathedVermin72 wrote:

This is completely irrational and belongs in the appropriate thread. This is borderline psychopathic too.

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 7:27 pm 
The Master

Strat wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

This is completely irrational and belongs in the appropriate thread. This is borderline psychopathic too.

ok

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 7:31 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

LoathedVermin72 wrote:

i can praise Pixar for their technical abilities... they're pretty fuckin' amazing at what they do. have you seen their physics engines for things like hair and snow? crazy.

do i care for their movies? not in particularly... i'm a 38yo guy with no kids. i'll watch one with a group of people, but i've never been sitting on my couch with a beer and been like, "Man, I wanna watch The Incredibles."

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 7:33 pm 

bodysnatcher wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

i can praise Pixar for their technical abilities... they're pretty fuckin' amazing at what they do. have you seen their physics engines for things like hair and snow? crazy.

do i care for their movies? not in particularly... i'm a 38yo guy with no kids. i'll watch one with a group of people, but i've never been sitting on my couch with a beer and been like, "Man, I wanna watch The Incredibles."

that being said, i do have a soft spot for Disney's abilities to craft simple stories for children and adults (ie. parents) to enjoy. there are many lessons i got from watching Disney movies as a kid.

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 7:34 pm 
The Master

bodysnatcher wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Id bro out to Toy Story, Finding nemo, and the Incredibles with you.

PostPosted: Thu June 21, 2018 7:37 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Outside of Inside Out, which I thought was excellent, their recent output is garbage.

And I think their art style is hideous. Stop being so afraid of edges!

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Thu June 21, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Master

bodysnatcher wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

But people don’t praise them for technical reasons. I’ve heard so many people suggest that Inside Out is some kind of deep examination of psychology. Just the other day I saw an article claiming The Incredibles is more complex than Watchmen. Stuff like this makes me feel like I’m living in a society of children.

But even technically, who cares how sophisticated their graphical engines or whatever are when the movies look so boring and have the same obnoxious, hyperactive movement of every other little kid movie for babies?

Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Id bro out to Toy Story, Finding nemo, and the Incredibles with you.

Future Drummer

Meh.

I think Star Wars is more "kiddie" than most Pixar movies.

The underlying themes of most Pixar movies are universal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 835, 836, 837, 838, 839, 840, 841 ... 848  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion