The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue February 12, 2013 5:03 pm
Posts: 2454
It is with full acknowledgement to the intellectual debt owed the Alex account that I humbly attempt to resurrect his "RM Power Rankings" series.

1) Mickey - We this week witnessed the pure posting prodigiousness of the Mickey account, as he suffered no ill effects from his three month hiatus in waylaying all who stand in the way of righteous moral progress in washing machine's "Are You a Social Justice Warrior?" thread. The seeds of future conflict now capably sewn with no fewer than three regular posters, the promise of our ascendant Trotskyite scorching much of RM's otherwise fallow earth bears much attention and made for an obvious selection at number one. Welcome back, comrade.

2) durdencommatyler - A dizzying week indeed for RM's self-anointed idea and language police, RM's paragon of politically-correct pathology - prior to the Mickey account's ascension thereto - has himself revealed latent proclivities for a rather base ethnic non-neutrality (cryptic reference to similar foibles in the past do little to quell suppositions that the durdencommatyler account's ideological purity may be but a facade). Our repentant immigrant-shamer has indeed commenced an appropriate regimen of self e-flagellation, but will it be enough to prevent the durdencommatyler account's eternal meme-ification? Just how large of a withdrawal from his account at RM's Bank of Social Capital has our pork pie hat-enthusiast made? Stay tuned.

3) BurtReynolds - A stalwart in RM's typically staid Battle of Ideas, the BurtReynolds account flexed its considerable muscle this week, outlining for all the contours of the anti-postmodern milieu generally, and the details of Jordan Peterson's waistcoast-clad cognitive silhouette specifically. A consistent presence across the entire RM landscape, this mangamonger has never met a thread, forum, or environment that cannot be summarily improved by the contribution of an otherwise odd and stilted cartoon.

4) tree_ - Sure, he maimed and brutalized a cat as an adolescent, but that's just the cost of doing business coming of age in a rural Missouri shire. Will he inevitably stumble upon a theme that enables the creation of a thread with actual staying power? The law of large numbers would suggest so, but the jury is still out.

5) Balki - Moderator admonition has never felt so good. Unless, of course, you're willing to count your most recent dingleberry-purging sitz. RM's Johnny Appleseed of shtick, the Balki account's irreverance has propelled him to the top of RM's class.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 4892
Location: The lake
Feeling the power. Couple of notes: I actually grew up in Illinois and yeah, law of large numbers is the game I've had in mind. Also the rare idiom I enjoy, 'you miss 100% of the shots you don't take'.

_________________
serial thread entrepreneurial radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6063
Location: Oslo, Norway
A lot of research must have gone into this thread.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 8610
This made me laugh
Quote:
rural Missouri shire


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49289
Anders wrote:
A lot of research must have gone into this thread.

more like besmirch amirite

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 4892
Location: The lake
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Anders wrote:
A lot of research must have gone into this thread.

more like besmirch amirite

Wrong. Reputations have improved. Things will never be the same.

_________________
serial thread entrepreneurial radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 20489
tree_ wrote:
Feeling the power. Couple of notes: I actually grew up in Illinois and yeah, law of large numbers is the game I've had in mind. Also the rare idiom I enjoy, 'you miss 100% of the shots you don't take'.

Southern IL?

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 4892
Location: The lake
Kaius wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Feeling the power. Couple of notes: I actually grew up in Illinois and yeah, law of large numbers is the game I've had in mind. Also the rare idiom I enjoy, 'you miss 100% of the shots you don't take'.

Southern IL?

Yup. Evansville, IL, to be exact.

_________________
serial thread entrepreneurial radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 32106
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
Mickey's hierarchical dominance is likely assured, but I get the feeling tree is playing the long game here. He's definitely planning something.

_________________
happiness is a temporary condition.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63695
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
While lacking in the gravitas, cutting, in-depth humor, and general panache of Alex's original, I found this new reboot far superior to 9Up's earlier attempts. I look forward to seeing Kris come into his own. I have a good feeling about this moving forward.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 12094
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Where’s the poll?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 4892
Location: The lake
wease wrote:
Where’s the poll?

I suspect --- is more intelligent and has a sharper eye for state-of-RM culture than all RMers combined...

_________________
serial thread entrepreneurial radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 20570
tree_ wrote:
wease wrote:
Where’s the poll?

I suspect --- is more intelligent and has a sharper eye for state-of-RM culture than all RMers combined...

Nah, the old-timers (of which I am not) carry the grizzled wisdom of "just another day on RM" onto the board every day.

The newbs are the Riggs to the old-timers' Murtaugh. I feel like Ruddo logs on every morning with a defeated "I'm getting too old for this shit..."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63695
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
tragabigzanda wrote:
tree_ wrote:
wease wrote:
Where’s the poll?

I suspect --- is more intelligent and has a sharper eye for state-of-RM culture than all RMers combined...

Nah, the old-timers (of which I am not) carry the grizzled wisdom of "just another day on RM" onto the board every day.

The newbs are the Riggs to the old-timers' Murtaugh. I feel like Ruddo logs on every morning with a defeated "I'm getting too old for this shit..."

:lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 33930
Location: Mountains
durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
tree_ wrote:
wease wrote:
Where’s the poll?

I suspect --- is more intelligent and has a sharper eye for state-of-RM culture than all RMers combined...

Nah, the old-timers (of which I am not) carry the grizzled wisdom of "just another day on RM" onto the board every day.

The newbs are the Riggs to the old-timers' Murtaugh. I feel like Ruddo logs on every morning with a defeated "I'm getting too old for this shit..."

:lol:



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49289
tragabigzanda wrote:
tree_ wrote:
wease wrote:
Where’s the poll?

I suspect --- is more intelligent and has a sharper eye for state-of-RM culture than all RMers combined...

Nah, the old-timers (of which I am not) carry the grizzled wisdom of "just another day on RM" onto the board every day.

The newbs are the Riggs to the old-timers' Murtaugh. I feel like Ruddo logs on every morning with a defeated "I'm getting too old for this shit..."

Pretty much

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 63695
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Pete nailed it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 49883
Location: Sector 7-G
With that said, you're number 2. That's cool regardless of the bs reasoning.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 20489
tree_ wrote:
Kaius wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Feeling the power. Couple of notes: I actually grew up in Illinois and yeah, law of large numbers is the game I've had in mind. Also the rare idiom I enjoy, 'you miss 100% of the shots you don't take'.

Southern IL?

Yup. Evansville, IL, to be exact.

I grew up in Jefferson County.

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: RM Power Rankings - May 22, 2018
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 4892
Location: The lake
Kaius wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Kaius wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Feeling the power. Couple of notes: I actually grew up in Illinois and yeah, law of large numbers is the game I've had in mind. Also the rare idiom I enjoy, 'you miss 100% of the shots you don't take'.

Southern IL?

Yup. Evansville, IL, to be exact.

I grew up in Jefferson County.

Damn that's pretty close. I've been through there quite a few times.

_________________
serial thread entrepreneurial radio coming soon


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon June 25, 2018 2:33 am